Author Topic: Duel Nub Help  (Read 3693 times)

Offline dlevans

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Duel Nub Help
« on: April 22, 2008, 12:40:15 PM »
okay i dont want the nub to look nice in the psp case, i broke my case and im making a proof of concept psp "laptop". Taking the psp extending the joystick that is in it, using the joysens.prx thing so i can use it as the joystick and or the left up down right buttons. my question/problem is this... how do i extend the wires on the x o ^ [] buttons to make it fit my case i got everything else i just need to extend these wires to either a joystick or buttons i looked up the wiki and all the pics are .bmp or something and they are broken links any help would be welcomed :) thanks

also... anyone have any experience extending the wi-fi antenna to something like a car antenna or something that i can pull up and put back down?

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: Duel Nub Help
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 04:05:26 PM »
okay i dont want the nub to look nice in the psp case, i broke my case and im making a proof of concept psp "laptop". Taking the psp extending the joystick that is in it, using the joysens.prx thing so i can use it as the joystick and or the left up down right buttons. my question/problem is this... how do i extend the wires on the x o ^ [] buttons to make it fit my case i got everything else i just need to extend these wires to either a joystick or buttons i looked up the wiki and all the pics are .bmp or something and they are broken links any help would be welcomed :) thanks

also... anyone have any experience extending the wi-fi antenna to something like a car antenna or something that i can pull up and put back down?
you could use tact switches

Offline dlevans

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 04:47:47 PM »
thanks what ground would you use? the right side or one of the two on the left? i cant get it to stay on the left it keeps falling out my soldering skills arent that great but once i get these wires extended ill show some pics and hopefully start putting it all together

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 07:14:43 PM »
I would think that any ground would be okay, whichever one you like best 

Offline dlevans

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 07:30:22 PM »

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight

Offline dlevans

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 11:23:31 PM »
I think I got it!!! I found a ground, I found how to solder the X [] O ^ buttons so I think I'm making progress. My question now is... how would i hook up the ps2 analog stick? replacing the existing psp stick had four contacts and i just extended them and added some wires on the nub. would it be the same for the X [] O ^ buttons? if so what contacts would be each button or would i just have to test them out?
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.pspgn.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/pcb_connections_psp_engadge.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.pspgn.com/guides/how-to-add-an-analog-stick-to-your-psp/&h=342&w=440&sz=112&hl=en&start=6&um=1&tbnid=NaoJE7NWl9kZNM:&tbnh=99&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddual%2Bpsp%2Bnub%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN
the guide ^^^^
http://www.pspgn.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/wiring_stick_2_engadget_howto.jpg
the ABCD analog diagram^^^^
take this example (its the guide i used to extend the original nub and i think i posted it b4) what would be A,B,C,D etc and also the ground or would the couple extra wires on the nub itself be the ground???

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 07:25:39 AM »
if you want to use a ps2 joystick in place of axby buttons you have to convert it to digital first then solder the wires abxy board, I don't how to convert it digital but I know it can be done

Offline dlevans

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 09:35:15 AM »
oh ill have to look into that. thanks for your help so far ill take some pictures and show you what i did.. i had to use the lines on the backside of the board because i guess i messed up the front side but... at least it works :) i have some momentary switches that i had to use for the on button im thinking that should work with the ABXY buttons i think ill just do that instead of making a digital analog stick... but ill look into it :)

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 01:21:19 PM »
good luck

Arsic

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 02:03:09 PM »
About the Wifi range boost, you could try adding an Op Amp with an inverting negative feedback loop to boost the voltage going to the antenna. Be careful with the gain on this one though, you don't want the FCC knocking on your door because your signal is too strong.

This'll probably save you the trouble of mounting a big  :censored: car antenna onto your PSP.

Offline dlevans

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 09:54:12 PM »
well i have some bad news i think i messed up my pcb board... my soldering skills suck unless someone knows the ABXY points on the back right above where the ribbon cables go i think ive messed up the rest of the contacts :( ... so i guess my new questions are... how much is just the pcb board for a TA-86 or 82 (the one with the gold writing under the UMD door) and if i did buy another psp could i use the screen and hook them both up? that would look sweet

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 03:35:45 PM »

Arsic

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 04:39:26 PM »
You could have used that pin method to solder/hot glue the wires to the ribbon. It probably would have saved you from messing it up completely.

Offline dlevans

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 03:36:04 PM »
i still have the ribbon cable that plugs into the PCB board could i just cut the wires out splice, solder, and extend them?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal