Author Topic: help with speakers  (Read 1294 times)

Offline apixdesign

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
help with speakers
« on: April 22, 2008, 08:22:26 PM »
hey im new here but I have been looking on these forums for a while and everyone seems nice and smart so I was wondering how to make these speakers (2) I got from my sister would be abled to work as a computer speaker. The only problem is that the speakers only have the two slots on the back for negative and positive speaker connections. How would I be abled to hook it up to my computer? Thanks

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
Re: help with speakers
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 05:15:52 AM »
Are these connections Red and Black? Or Red and White? is it only on 1 speaker, with the other connected? Gonna need pics.

If they are Red and Black, or each speaker has 2 inputs, then sorry, they wont work easily with a PC, you would have to buy an Amp (Around £100) Or a sound card (Around £100) Thats compatible.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 05:37:24 AM »
what matt said, it sounds like you have your self some home theater speakers. your almost better off buying a cheaper set of computer speakers than buying an amp, buy its all up to you and how much money you want to spend to make this work.

Offline apixdesign

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 12:20:18 PM »
Are these connections Red and Black? Or Red and White? is it only on 1 speaker, with the other connected? Gonna need pics.

If they are Red and Black, or each speaker has 2 inputs, then sorry, they wont work easily with a PC, you would have to buy an Amp (Around £100) Or a sound card (Around £100) Thats compatible.
I have the black and red : (
Hey thanks, I dont know if my brother knows what he is talking about but can I use a reciever to make the speakers work with my computer? 

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 01:18:41 PM »
Well if you get the right amp and some cables, then yes, but you'll get some good PC Speakers for the same money.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal