Author Topic: where's that 5v from?  (Read 2035 times)

Offline dxecuter

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
where's that 5v from?
« on: April 24, 2008, 06:54:46 PM »
hi! i was just wondering how is it possible to have a 5v point on the psp when the battery only gives 3.2V??? :confused:
if you can answer well thank you very much i'm just curious...and noob :dntknw:....

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: where's that 5v from?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 07:12:32 PM »
amps

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Virtual Modder Development Slavedriver!
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 07:13:23 PM »
Off the top of my head a charge pump, or up-converter, haven't really looked into it much though, so I could be wrong...

Offline dxecuter

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 07:23:04 PM »
lol ok...i know it's kinda stupid question...but gotta know this one day or another..
ok..but from the amps what's next...

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 04:08:17 AM »
With a transformer, they work thanks to two inductances, i have studied them though i don't remembre very well. So you are getting more volts in the output than you have in the input but with a current limitation. For example if you have 3 volts and you want 6 volt you can get them but as far as the wattage has to be the same (in real life you would get less wattage in the output) you will have half the current in the output than you had in the input. Also these transformers works with AC so you need to transform your DC in AC using a MAX253 and an oscilator. So you need an oscilator, a max253 and a transformer. That's it.
First Be then PSP !!

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 02:16:22 PM »
With a transformer, they work thanks to two inductances, i have studied them though i don't remembre very well. So you are getting more volts in the output than you have in the input but with a current limitation. For example if you have 3 volts and you want 6 volt you can get them but as far as the wattage has to be the same (in real life you would get less wattage in the output) you will have half the current in the output than you had in the input. Also these transformers works with AC so you need to transform your DC in AC using a MAX253 and an oscilator. So you need an oscilator, a max253 and a transformer. That's it.
i love you.....
Derp.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 02:50:24 PM »

yes he is right if u can decypher his technical lingo :tup:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline mootoo

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 03:10:39 PM »

Offline dxecuter

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 05:00:03 PM »
oh! thanx alot...that was the type of response i waited, how to do and how it works...but still dont get the physics part of it...i would search about this, you gave me a good start thx :#1:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal