Author Topic: Ipod Storage Theory ~I'm working on~  (Read 5875 times)

Offline Ghost_Nub92

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Noob For life~ knowledge is infinite
    • AM the best site in the world ~besides.... you kno.......~
Ipod Storage Theory ~I'm working on~
« on: April 25, 2008, 04:03:25 PM »
Got a theory but it requires someone to write a program for me.

~Theory
         I do realize that the memory capacity is 32GB but i was wonder (because i have a 30GB ipod HD) if you use the datel 4GB mod but instead on the 4GB HD replace it with the 30GB. But for poor people like me what if you rewire the 32MB memory stick to the HD and do the datel 4GB mod but with your own home made connecter. 2 problems for me though is that 1. i dont know the specs for either the memory card nor the 30GB and 2. the HD would have to be formated so that it could have a mask on it appearing to be a 4GB.

~Theory 2
       After looking at PVP version of the mod i started to wonder if he just hacked the ipod change the configuration and rewired the USB cable to the HD tho work as an independent HD like any other external HD but the only difference was that the HD was rewired into the power source (or got the power from the USB port to run it) my only concern  is that how was the HD formated and how was the USB cable wired?????

~by the time you read this there will be 2 posted up~
Live Learn and Move on

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Ipod Storage Theory ~I'm working on~
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 05:27:55 PM »
will not work datell hdd has a cap on it that wont let it go above 4 gb. what so you mean homeade conecter the datell hdd comes with a conecter to ur ms slot and although you can use a cf drive like the one in a datell hdd as a (ide i belive) hdd you can not replace a cf drive with a hdd unleess you completely redesigned the datell hdd hardware.

and theroy 2 i dont understand what do you mean "wonder if he just hacked the ipod change the configuration and rewired the USB cable to the HD" do u mean hack the ipod and wire the ipod usb cable to psp usb?

more detail please?

Offline Ghost_Nub92

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 05:41:52 PM »
will not work datell hdd has a cap on it that wont let it go above 4 gb. what so you mean homeade conecter the datell hdd comes with a conecter to ur ms slot and although you can use a cf drive like the one in a datell hdd as a (ide i belive) hdd you can not replace a cf drive with a hdd unleess you completely redesigned the datell hdd hardware.

and theroy 2 i dont understand what do you mean "wonder if he just hacked the ipod change the configuration and rewired the USB cable to the HD" do u mean hack the ipod and wire the ipod usb cable to psp usb?

more detail please?

Theory 2
 when i meant he hacked the ipod i meant that he turned the ipod hard drive into a usb host reconnected it to a pcb and than to then to the usb cable. this allowed to run usbhost on irshell but the only problem PVP mention was that it cant save games yet
Live Learn and Move on

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 06:01:43 PM »
deff not what he did he either has ipod linux running on ipod and use ipod to interface the hdd to psp i can tell you for a fact that he didnt turn a bare ipod harddrive into a host its just not posible then what do u need pcb for if the ipod hdd is a host if it was you just conect to usb witch ist happening you cant wire a hdd with like 30 pins to a usb with 5 and expect it to work with nothing inbetween pretty much conecting a hdd to datell and running trough ms slot is inposible and thats where the 32 gb limit is on flash memory going trough usb there is potentialy limitless storage capacity noitce i said potentialy

Offline Ghost_Nub92

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 06:28:32 PM »
deff not what he did he either has ipod linux running on ipod and use ipod to interface the hdd to psp i can tell you for a fact that he didnt turn a bare ipod harddrive into a host its just not posible then what do u need pcb for if the ipod hdd is a host if it was you just conect to usb witch ist happening you cant wire a hdd with like 30 pins to a usb with 5 and expect it to work with nothing inbetween pretty much conecting a hdd to datell and running trough ms slot is inposible and thats where the 32 gb limit is on flash memory going trough usb there is potentialy limitless storage capacity noitce i said potentialy
you never know till you try so my lasted project will be to find out how to link a HDD to a usb cable either using a pcb or just straight through trial and error  :tup: and man will there be lots of errors cuz i still don't have a  :censored: ing programer for my team 
Live Learn and Move on

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 07:43:54 PM »
can i say im pretty sure the max capicitiy on a psp is 16 gb i think

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 07:55:46 PM »
shure you can say it but it dosnt make it true lol. no psp can read the 120 gigs in my hdd over usb host so no the max isnt 16gb tough flash memory at this time cannote exceed 32 gb idk why just cant

Offline Ghost_Nub92

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 09:10:55 PM »
shure you can say it but it dosnt make it true lol. no psp can read the 120 gigs in my hdd over usb host so no the max isnt 16gb tough flash memory at this time cannote exceed 32 gb idk why just cant

time out my psp can read my TB through my computer using usb host so i don't there is a limit 
Live Learn and Move on

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 09:32:35 PM »
ahah wow. the stuff you can do with one whole TB

Offline Ghost_Nub92

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 09:45:37 PM »
ahah wow. the stuff you can do with one whole TB

tell me about it to bad its to big to fit in a psp
Live Learn and Move on

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 10:10:36 PM »
Ok, you guys, i think i can have a working prototype if someone tells me how to make money. I was talking to people at Vinculum who are like masters at USB Host controllers, and i could have a prototype running in no time, or someone could sponsor me...

Offline Ghost_Nub92

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 03:51:18 PM »
Ok, you guys, i think i can have a working prototype if someone tells me how to make money. I was talking to people at Vinculum who are like masters at USB Host controllers, and i could have a prototype running in no time, or someone could sponsor me...

Bro i got everything working its just that i need the program

(the way i make money is selling mod installation to noobs like the basic ~down grader, emulators, irshell remote mod,~ stuff like that also case changes too)
Live Learn and Move on

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 04:05:27 PM »
wait? you have it working with what? have you accessed the files and played games off it yet?

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 05:29:53 PM »
Bro i got everything working its just that i need the program

(the way i make money is selling mod installation to noobs like the basic ~down grader, emulators, irshell remote mod,~ stuff like that also case changes too)

congrats ur at the same part as everyone else u have all working parts :clap: but you dont know how to program :faint: please learn from askua or whatever his name was we dont take kindly to being lied to im tired of ppl joinig this fourm because they just herd of pvps mod and are too lazy to read so they just post without reading "is it posible to add ipod memory to psp" then a week later you are master psp modder who figured out mass storage all by yourselfe and dont show any proff i cant tell you how manny ppl say they have it working but ive only seen one real poc .idk if its just me but........... i dont live near a farm ...........and i smell a huge load of :censored:..............

morale of the story you dont have to lie to kick it bro. :tup:

time out my psp can read my TB through my computer using usb host so i don't there is a limit 

did u even read the post you quoted by me
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 06:05:46 PM by folklord36 »

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 08:04:44 PM »
yeah, i agree wih folk. show us a POC. not trying to be rude or nothin, just if you really have it working, there shouldnt be any problem in showing s a POC.(proof of concept=video of it working)

can i say im pretty sure the max capicitiy on a psp is 16 gb i think

I thought that is just through memstick. Im not sure, but wouldnt it be more like a devhook thing if we are doing it through usb?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 08:07:04 PM by cwn723 »

Offline Ghost_Nub92

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 07:41:28 PM »
I got it semi work and i kno im not a master a this but it id possible and i have people help me ( i work with computer my whole life so some of this stuff isn't that new just since i started messing with my psp i wanted to learn more and thas what i be en doing) so far im in a trial error stage (waiting for case to come it) with my computer. yes i know its complete different but i managed to use irshell to read my hard drive ( so far so good) only problem i try to play a program and i get an error and the psp shuts off on me. Yes i know i'm a noob and all but cut me some slake I'm trying here. You make people just quit on what they are working on and give up on life. So I'm going to take that negative feed back and turn it into a positive because in this world we live in anything is possible becase it all started wit an idea.
Live Learn and Move on

Offline Ghost_Nub92

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 07:45:10 PM »
I'll tr to get one up next week cuz thats when i should be able to put the hard drive into it's case and try to upload the program onto there (using the case a a pcb) but if i dont get it up or i log for a long time its either

A. Finals
B. Working on it
or
C. I lost all hope to live
Live Learn and Move on

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 07:49:52 PM »
I got it semi work and i kno im not a master a this but it id possible and i have people help me ( i work with computer my whole life so some of this stuff isn't that new just since i started messing with my psp i wanted to learn more and thas what i be en doing) so far im in a trial error stage (waiting for case to come it) with my computer. yes i know its complete different but i managed to use irshell to read my hard drive ( so far so good) only problem i try to play a program and i get an error and the psp shuts off on me. Yes i know i'm a noob and all but cut me some slake I'm trying here. You make people just quit on what they are working on and give up on life. So I'm going to take that negative feed back and turn it into a positive because in this world we live in anything is possible becase it all started wit an idea.

DUDE, NO WAY!!! i had the same exact problem, then i broke my pcb trying something else. What kind of PCB you using, if it is made by vinculum or FTDI chip, say yes or contact me, cause now i know the problem.

Offline PSPowned

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 06:31:11 PM »
i want to make psp storage, tell me please?

Offline Z3ROmod

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 02:26:47 PM »
im workin on his the inly prob is when you take the ipod apart and if it has linux linux has a triger where to start it you need to put it in not hold then push hold on then ofcouse off im trying to find the code that says to the HD to start with inux automaticly but still no avail this is one prob second is power i was able to get it to work with the power board but its not very small to place in the umd compartment next it would seem easyer to het the usb cable then buy a gender bender and use another 5pin mini to connect and just have the ipod itself running linux connect. the next issue is saving now this 1 is easy need to find how irshell saves and change the path to save to the memstick. no you cant mask a capasity so thats what u do linux-ipod usb cable-genderbender-5pin mini-psp works great no need to waste psp battery TRYING to power ipod hd try it make it work with the 2 cables you can cumtrobly carry the ipod in ur pocket and play  if you cant get it to work email me and ill give you more instructions and maby tut on how to set it all up later  kkthnxbye

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 06:25:06 PM »
NO need in this topic any more, PVP is here again

guys don't harass pvp about the mass storage mod, that's one of the main reasons why he left. and we don't want him to leave again.

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 06:28:50 PM »
Im not harassing him, i just thought he left, ive dumped over 200 bucks into this, and for what? nothing?

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 06:37:44 PM »
Whats the point?

« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 06:40:06 PM by cwn723 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal