Author Topic: Computer Refuses To Work!  (Read 1269 times)

phenomenal

Computer Refuses To Work!
« on: May 03, 2008, 04:59:55 AM »
Basically i just bought £100 worth of computer upgrades for my computer, a 500w PSU, x1650 PRO gfx card and a 1gb stick of ram, I installed it all propaly, but some reason, it doesnt turn on (i have to take the battery out and put it back in, but it will do it agian afterwards anyway), and the graphics card doesnt work, even though i enabled it in the BIOS, and yes its all compatible, and the ram works perfectly, but why is it not working, btw the graphics card does work perfectly, i tried it in another computer, is it the PSU? because it costed quite alot and has some good reviews

any help?

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
Re: Computer Refuses To Work!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 08:48:09 AM »
Basically i just bought £100 worth of computer upgrades for my computer, a 500w PSU, x1650 PRO gfx card and a 1gb stick of ram, I installed it all propaly, but some reason, it doesnt turn on (i have to take the battery out and put it back in, but it will do it agian afterwards anyway), and the graphics card doesnt work, even though i enabled it in the BIOS, and yes its all compatible, and the ram works perfectly, but why is it not working, btw the graphics card does work perfectly, i tried it in another computer, is it the PSU? because it costed quite alot and has some good reviews

any help?

Well for one thing, when you say battery, you mean the CMOS battery? (flat disk shaped)
If you have to take that out then the BIOS is just being reset, so something IN the bios isn't working correctly.  Possible some volatages are off, does it post when you turn it on?

phenomenal

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 12:11:42 PM »
Yes the battery, and btw i fixed it now, i just went back to the shop and swapped it as the graphics card was faulty and a bought a new motherboard.

Although there is still another problem, I have no sound, I installed the sound drivers and everything, nothing, checked every setting, tried every setting, no luck, i even tried reinstalling windows, no luck, know how to fix it?

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 12:20:12 PM »
What motherboard did you buy? Make sure you enabled on board sound in the BIOS. I forgot to do that on my EVGA 680i and sound wasn't working.

phenomenal

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 03:55:06 PM »
i had to get an agp one so i got a asus nforce2 one that has DDR and AGP

got it off a friend so not entirely sure what name

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal