Author Topic: Help with my LCD (fat-psp)  (Read 1101 times)

Offline coy2

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Help with my LCD (fat-psp)
« on: May 18, 2008, 09:43:42 AM »
Hi fellow members! i am new here  :victory: ,well obviously this is my 1st post. i have a problem with my psp so please  :help: me  :beg:. after i disassemble my psp to check where should i solder the + and -  (trying to make a sound mod) and when im taking it all back the LCD went go wrong. ive done this so many times (opening the psp) but today the display was weird (the backlight is ok, only its display just gone wrong). i tried to re-insert the orange thing from the LCD and when you push it more harder (the thick orange from the LCD) it makes a little comeback of the true color, but it still the same when you reboot the psp. i have search here but i only see the backlight thing. please do help me fellow acidmods members. thank you. 

uhm.. heres some images:

Offline Sgt Lovin

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • My PSP is Unmodded still :(
Re: Help with my LCD (fat-psp)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 11:42:02 AM »
check that all ur LCD's cables are in correctly, maybe u forgot about the clamps?

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 01:58:45 PM »
ya its def a bad conection mine did that try VERRY CAREFULLY to lift the coneters with razor of sumthin  to make sure they touch the cable its cus u take ur psp apart alot like u said tape cable to mobo might help.

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 02:39:23 PM »
ya its def a bad conection mine did that try VERRY CAREFULLY to lift the coneters with razor of sumthin  to make sure they touch the cable its cus u take ur psp apart alot like u said tape cable to mobo might help.

Lift them? Are you bad:censored: insane?

Okay, insert a little bid of paper inside the connector, and then insert the ribbon, that highers the pressure on the ribbon to the pins and thus giving a better connection, try cleaning the ribbon with some alcohol, and take a magnifying glass and see if some pins of the connector are bend, if they are, bend them down very slowly and careful.

Other than that, I see no other solution, so your screen might have died. If it is dead, dealextreme.com <- click it.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 03:12:03 PM »
or use 1 layer of masking tape and put it over the connector to make it fatter

Offline coy2

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 05:39:22 AM »
hi. thanks for your help and suggestions. but unfortunately it still nothing so i was forced to buy a new LCD ( with a f**king dead pixels) for my PSP and so far its ok. Thank you fellow Acidmod members  :victory:

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 02:18:54 PM »
I bought a LCD from dealextreme a long time ago and it had this same problem. I just got another LCD from dealextreme and it works perfectly fine because it is the new Premium quality ones.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal