Author Topic: should i get this  (Read 12197 times)

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
should i get this
« on: May 21, 2008, 07:59:24 PM »
i saw thiswww.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12711 on deal extreme the only reason im asking is because its already a pandora battery and plus it comes with a 4gb high speed(480MB per second read/write speed) mem card and i know 4 a fact that it cost about $80 2 $100 4 one and i was just wondering if i should get this 4 the pandora battery and i was going use the mem stick 4 my music and 2 play my umd games LEGALLY and then buy a 256 or 512 mb 2 make a mms so should i get it

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

Offline teepee

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: should i get this
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 08:20:27 PM »
if it works you don't need to worry about ruining your battery making one and it would be worth it for the memory card. so why not? let us know how it works.

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 09:17:49 PM »
so how and where would you go 2 get the necessary files 2 make the mag. mem. stick
and it might be awhile cause i dont have a slim yet im saving 4 1 i still need alot of money and i was just asking cause i was wondering if any1 knew from experience if that battery works as a pandora
and i started searching 4 other mem cards on there and i think i saw a 8GB mspd 4 like $40 or $60 so i am definitely ordering my mem sticks from here once i get my psp i wonder if there is a 16GB didnt check all the pages of the mem card section so one might be there 4 like cheap as h*ll so go check every1 seriously

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

Offline babyboi828

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 02:25:26 AM »
The Ultimate Pandora Pack is the best thing to use (manual install it) just cant remeber where i downloaded it from though, guess ill look for the link right quick.

well i guess you can download it down there? dont think its the one i used but should work i guess. http://www.consolespot.net/forums/psp-help-tutorials/7061-release-ultimate-pandoras-magic-stick-v4-sapphire.html

btw u need at least a 512mb ms i think. u might a well just use the 4gig to downgrade to save money? since ya can just reformat you ms to normal when done

OH! almost forgot!!!!!! BACKUP YOUR NAND BEFORE YOU DOWNGRADE!!!! if u somehow manage to screw up your flash or idstorage your psp will neva be tha same! ya dig? lol Happy Hacking
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 02:41:23 AM by babyboi828 »

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 08:40:42 AM »
thanks 4 the help i think im gonna have some else do it 4 me whos done it b4 cause i dont want 2 mess up anything but seriously they have 8GB mspd cards there 4 like $50 $60 man some1 could make alot of money buying and reselling these mem cards cheap on ebay

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 10:55:49 AM »
They are fake, most of the stuff on Dx is fake, or low quality, but it all works fine
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 12:12:12 PM »
what do u mean fake and how can u tell if its fake

VoX

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 02:46:56 PM »
He means memory cards that aren't made by Sony but by a third party. They may have slower speeds but they work the same (Besides not having Magicgate).

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 02:55:48 PM »
whats a magic gate
and does that mean that sandisk and lexar mspd mem cards r fake and how do tell if its fake

Offline babyboi828

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 03:04:10 PM »
i heard you can only make a mms with a produo, but mabey the third party ones are pro duo as well? ive neva tried to ones besides the sony and the sandisk

VoX

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 03:32:36 PM »
Ever heard of fake trading cards when you where a kid? These memory sticks are the same thing. You can still make them into Magic Memory Sticks as they should all have an IPL Sector (Ones that don't probably wont work). The hacked IPL is what turns a memorystick into a Magic Memory Stick, so it should work. Magicgate is a copy protection technology that was introduced around 1999, it basically changes the way that files are copied over to the memory stick but I'm not going to go into this as it is not important

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 03:39:09 PM »
so do u think that the 8GB mspd mem cards on deal extreme works in the psp and is not fakee cause i was thinking of maybe getting two of them 2 almost equal a 16GB mem card so that i could play my umd games off the mem sticks(LEGALLY of course)

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 03:57:34 PM »
just make sure it's a real 8 gb card. i'm not sure what deal extreme are like, but i ordered one from amazon for £55. worked fine for awhile, then it wouldn't transfer anything over 40mb without corrupting the files. got a proper replacement from them, but it's just a pain in the arse when that happens.  :angry: 

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 04:13:51 PM »
well how would u know if its fake it says it a 8GB sony memory stick pro duo for like i think it said $50

VoX

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 11:07:26 PM »
All of DealExtreme's PSP memory sticks are fake.... but that doesn't mean they are bad. If it doesn't work, Dealextreme will send you a new one, Free of charge.

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 12:42:18 AM »
well how would u know if its fake it says it a 8GB sony memory stick pro duo for like i think it said $50

I compared the fake with the real thing and found that the printed writing on the back of the card was embedded in the pastic rather than laser printed on top like the real sony card.

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 09:20:29 AM »
the basic way of telling a real from a fake is the price in my opinion, fakes ones will always be far cheaper and seem like the bargain compared to the original, thats only way of telling how as i buy my memory sticks off ebay

Offline Grimoire

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 09:52:58 AM »
As much as I hate to point you somewhere else, this is actually a REALLY good list.

List of Fakes

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 10:03:14 AM »
real or fake what is the diff. allmost nothing...

btw, this is the real one got one to

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 12:56:35 PM »
i read that thing grimoire and i think it said if im right that the 2gb fake stick only held like 1gb of info so does any1 think that the fake 8gb would hold the same amount of info as the real 8gb

cause i dont have alot of money and was going 2 probaly get like 2 to almost equal a 16gb card so i could play my umd games on my mem stick (LEGALLY OF COURSE) and was wondering also if u could do that with the fakes i might even buy 3 if u can

Offline Grimoire

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 01:02:05 PM »
My buddy got a fake, and it held like 16mb under 2 gig. But it works fine with no errors, he just lost 16Mb. Personally, I dont know, mixed feelings. I guess you can get a good fake, or a bad one. In any case, why not? Go for it. I would.

VoX

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 05:00:04 PM »
All memory cards/sticks, Hard drives ect. never have the exact amount of memory that is stated when you buy it or on the package. If you buy a 250 GB hard drive you will probably get something around 240 GB's, its just rounding off. Fake cards will probably have the exact amount of memory that the OEM ones have, There is really no difference between the fake ones and the real ones besides the price.

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 05:58:29 PM »
well why is it considered fake it works and has the same amount of memory as the real ones the only difference i c is the price so why is it considered fake

VoX

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2008, 06:16:18 PM »
It fake because, as I stated before, there not made by a certified manufacturer. So for example if you "somehow" manged to make a copy of the PSP memory stick, it would be fake because it's not made by Sony or a certified manufacturer such as Sandisk.

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 07:02:17 PM »
so the 8gb fake from dx would be able 2 play MY umd games copied to my mem stick (LEGALLY of course)

VoX

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 07:11:11 PM »
Yes it will, and if for some reason it can't (Very unlikly) DealExtreme will give you a replacement for free

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 07:35:40 PM »
awesome im gonna get maybe 3 and i think i also read that the fakes have very slow read/write speeds

VoX

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 08:24:16 PM »
That don't have very slow read/write speeds but there not the same as the real ones. I've got a fake 4GB and it runs Iso's, Homebrew, movies ect. fine

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2008, 09:03:42 PM »
do u think that dx will be selling fake 16GB mspd mem cards anytime soon or in the near future

VoX

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 09:24:34 PM »
Yes, I believe that they will be selling Fake 16GB memory sticks. The 8 GB came after a lot of requests for it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal