Author Topic: HD-DVD MAY BE DEAD BUT THE DRIVES MAKE NICE LASERS!  (Read 1504 times)

Offline ndrew2505

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
HD-DVD MAY BE DEAD BUT THE DRIVES MAKE NICE LASERS!
« on: June 05, 2008, 09:30:34 AM »
seems older xbox hd-dvd drives have a higher power laser diodes in them that can be pushed up to ~100ma and output ~90-100mw. these laser diodes(when pushed to 100ma will light white matches, sting skin and make a pretty beam of 405nm light :yess:

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1209940381
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 09:36:27 AM by ndrew2505 »

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
Re: HD-DVD MAY BE DEAD BUT THE DRIVES MAKE NICE LASERS!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 09:49:46 PM »
this is cool my friend told me during sometime around i think the middle of the school that he was trying 2 make a laser that burnt stuff and almost everyday id ask him if hes done yet after about a month and he kept saying no a part that he wanted never came so here t is the last few dats of school 4 me and him and still nothing i think he lied 2 me he had got me all excited about the laser cause he said he was gonna bring it 2 school and we were gonna burn people with it 4 fun you know not serious damage just enough 2 make a red spot *cough..cough..on..my..principle..cough..cough*but still nothinb i am dissapointed

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 11:23:30 PM »
this is cool my friend told me during sometime around i think the middle of the school that he was trying 2 make a laser that burnt stuff and almost everyday id ask him if hes done yet after about a month and he kept saying no a part that he wanted never came so here t is the last few dats of school 4 me and him and still nothing i think he lied 2 me he had got me all excited about the laser cause he said he was gonna bring it 2 school and we were gonna burn people with it 4 fun you know not serious damage just enough 2 make a red spot *cough..cough..on..my..principle..cough..cough*but still nothinb i am dissapointed
you do realize thats a BIG crime... ESPECIALLY in school

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • OH NO MY CHITTY CHICKEN, NOO NOT MY CHITTY BEEF
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 02:26:11 AM »
lol wow man ud get in some big mudd for that

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 02:27:09 PM »
how would he know it was me or hm that id it if your in a crowd of students and i was only playing we never talked about burning the principle just people we know like family  i.e a brother or sister that gets on your nerves

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 04:11:28 PM »
Wait. You get the sled, get the diode out of it,then what? I'm so doing this!

Offline MaO

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 07:44:40 AM »
I also have a 100Mw laser from www.dealextreme.com it was like $17 because i bought the 70 mw and i received the 100 mw  :tup:
so i have been burning electrical tape, popping balloons and lighting matches for quite a long time

Edit//:Here it is http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9865
it is a very nice laser+free shipping :tup:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 07:47:30 AM by MaO »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal