Author Topic: RGB LED triggers...  (Read 5406 times)

Offline 00G

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Woohoo, 1/2 more and I'm a pint!!!
RGB LED triggers...
« on: June 24, 2008, 08:17:17 AM »
I finally installed my RGB LEDs. I have a button on the UMD door and I can select one of the 7 colors or it cycles through them with a fade effect automatically.  There is another output that comes on every other set of single colors and color changes and I am trying to use that for the sound reactive mode, but still thinking of how to do it.  Lastly, one of the LEDs seems to be brighter than the other, I may have burned one testing the brightness.  Thanks for looking!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9-JQ83eCTCA&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9-JQ83eCTCA&amp;hl=en</a>

VoX

Re: RGB LED triggers...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 08:25:53 AM »
Looks awesome dude, Check your PM's. I've sent you a message

Offline sakobatoneko

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 09:37:45 AM »
where you get the leds?

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 11:09:37 AM »
probably from sickmods
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline 00G

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 11:26:28 AM »
Thanks!!!  I got the LEDs from Digikey.com.  Shipping is pretty expensive, but they have almost everything I've needed and most items available in small quantities. 

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 02:35:38 PM »
one could be brighter than the other because the placement of the led in your triggers.

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 02:41:03 PM »
looks great ddude,how did u turn em on i seen u reach away when they turned on?u shud wire em up to the hold switch that wud b sick
Derp.

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 03:15:05 PM »
looks great ddude,how did u turn em on i seen u reach away when they turned on?u shud wire em up to the hold switch that wud b sick

i think he has it all wired to the one switch on the back that he shows at the beginning and each press cycles through another mode, all he does when he reaches away is turn his desk lamp off which he was using to light the back of the psp so you could see the switch on the back
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline K4P741N KRUNCH

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hackin the PSP since day 1!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 03:20:14 PM »
I got a question, would it be possible to have the LED's sound reactive AND cycle through the colors?
If so I am SOOOOOO doing that.
A pirates life for me
We won't go quietly!!

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 03:24:54 PM »
if it was fading in and out of the different colours then no it has to be a constant current for the led's to be faded, but if it was on one of the static modes then probably yes, all you would need to do is hook it up to another switch so that when the switch is on it is sound reactive.
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline K4P741N KRUNCH

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 03:56:46 PM »
You guys can fashion some pro looking buttons :P  That thing looks completely flush!

Thanks for the info, maybe what you could do is instead of fading between colors just switch colors at a set interval.
A pirates life for me
We won't go quietly!!

Offline 00G

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 04:43:42 PM »
I have the colors selectable, one per button press.  The fading through colors is automatic.  I did the solid color change, but someone mentioned it may look better fading through and I agree.  I could do a random change of colors and fading, but I am working on the ambient light thing...

Offline W4573D

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I aM< sUpEr > SeXy
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 07:22:35 PM »
hey 00G love your mod man its smexy could you give me the exacte same thing that you bought cuz i didnt find them thanks and 1 more question are the smt leds or big normal one thanks

Offline 00G

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 10:14:57 PM »
I am using the bidder of the LEDs I bought at digikey.  I would say it is stillsmall, I have them hot glued to the triggers and they move freely.  Here is a pic of the LEDs I am using and I also have some that are one third the size of the one in the pic.  I couldn't solder to them quickly, so I used the bigger one.  It is still tiny and there are many better ones than the ones I got, but it will fit there easily.  A pic, it is the white squarish thing with the wires:

As for the sound implementation, it is pretty easy on paper and I have one output of the controller for just that.  I have 11 modes, one for each color on solid and the fade between colors.  The 11th is an all off sleep mode using a milliwatt of power.  Then, the next sequence of button presses turns on the aux output and stays on until I go to the 11th mode where everything is off.  If I connect the + of the speaker to a transistor, I could send a negative pulse mirroring the sound to the LEDs (which are driven by the controller in the + leads).  So, I can have negative pulses throughout the 10 color sequences and it will get me the sound together with the lighting shown on the vid.  Easy on paper and I have the leads coming out of the PSP from the speakers.  I just need to play with some resistor values and get it working on the PSP.

Thanks for all the comments and I hope to have these tested and out for fellow Acidmodders to enjoy.

Offline W4573D

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I aM< sUpEr > SeXy
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 07:52:14 AM »
thansk do you mid giving me the link couldent find them :help:

Offline W4573D

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I aM< sUpEr > SeXy
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 08:02:57 AM »
hahaha dude why do you have like 2000 wires in your psp

Offline 00G

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 08:26:49 AM »
That's nothing, you should see the mods with the PS2 controller.  You'll see exactly why my PSP has a bunch of wires on my next PSP show off thread :tup:

PM sent...

Offline K4P741N KRUNCH

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 10:23:35 PM »
What a brilliant idea for the negative pulsing :D

Brilliant!
I wish I could have that done to mine.
I'm having 4dp mod it, I don't think he can do that..
A pirates life for me
We won't go quietly!!

Offline 00G

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 11:15:07 PM »
I am going to test it out in a few days.  I am 90% sure it will work out that way.  I wish I could do a quick schematic and maybe it may spur more ideas....

Offline crashman2k7

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 11:08:03 AM »
lol u kinda toike half of my project:( lol
am doing a project called it Project chamelon , am going to get sum custum paint from my r/c shop*chameleon* get a clear case, paint the inside of it wid clear then apply the black*(it the basic proccess different then the actuall car chamelon)
:) and color fadding leds (7 colors from sick mods leds) paint comming from advancehobbies
PROJECT PSP CHAMELEON! =)

Offline pspdoctor

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Check out www.pspdoctor.com for PSP repairs!!!!
    • PSPDOCTOR.COM
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2008, 03:59:06 AM »
I just got some 1206 RGB leds.  What makes them cycle through the colors the switch or a pic or both???  New to RGBs any pics, videos, or tutorials would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!   PSP looks great by the way!  I really need a tutorial for the RGB LEDS PLEASE!!
Check out www.pspdoctor.com for PSP repairs!!!!

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2008, 10:11:10 AM »
I just got some 1206 RGB leds.  What makes them cycle through the colors the switch or a pic or both???  New to RGBs any pics, videos, or tutorials would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!   PSP looks great by the way!  I really need a tutorial for the RGB LEDS PLEASE!!
a switch supplies current to a PIC,if you intend on writing an rgb led controller I recommend that you don't,as I have been prgamming PIC's for a few months now and still can't do pulse width modulation,just butcher the electronics out of a mood lamp or something that utilizes rgb led's
Derp.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal