Author Topic: in search of an lcd  (Read 1020 times)

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
in search of an lcd
« on: July 08, 2008, 11:00:56 AM »
i wasnt to sure where to put this as its not quite an auction, and it doesnt seem to fit anywheres else, sooo. anyways, i need to find a 9" wide by 7" tall lcd screen, preferablly in a housing or something that has an AV in, or a way to convert from av cable to whatever the lcd might require.

does anyone know where i should look?

or do you have something i could use?
"believe nothing. no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
Re: in search of an lcd
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 01:38:47 PM »
I have several that I am using.

Goto your auto stereo store, or on ebay, look for mobile dvd player screens. They are the size you want, they have video in you want. All you have to do is just pick up a 12 volt power supply to run it.

I have one that I put a plastic clamp clip on the back and I can clamp it where ever I want and it runs off a 12volt 1 amp plug in wall transformer.

I think they can be picked up on ebay for under $50

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
Re: in search of an lcd
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 02:01:57 AM »
haha, its odd, i thought of that right after i posted this, but then the question is, will it fit in where i need it to??? im gonna wind up ripping the thing apart to do his project, its coming out of its casing and going into another casing, so a minimum of thickness and bells and whistles on the display is preferred, just a simple volume, on/off switch, and a A/V in, thats all i need it to be really.
"believe nothing. no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal