Author Topic: need help and advice  (Read 1970 times)

Offline W4573D

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I aM< sUpEr > SeXy
need help and advice
« on: July 09, 2008, 09:01:38 AM »
ok so yester day i took apart my ps2 remote and found all the buttons for the model scph-10010 so here they are there are 19 pins some like the grounds im not sure

pin1=nothing cuz it just a lin that goes around the remote but isint related to anything
pin2=r2
pin3=r1
pin4=x
pin5=O
pin6=/\
pin7=[]
pin8=its not a button but i think it completes the ground its next to [] but its not a ground
pin9=its the ground
pin10=it think maybe a second ground or its somethig else cuz it conects with the other ground
pin11=the analogue button
pin12=select
pin13=start
pin14=dpad right
pin15=dpad down
pin16=dpad left
pin17=dpad up
pin18=L1

those are now what i would like to know is how do i wire my analogue to work with my face butons for the left  cuz the right on is easy

thanks for you help and maybe this could also help people complete the doc oc
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 01:06:47 PM by W4573D »

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: need help and advice
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 09:57:24 AM »
I have been seeing some posts here about the "Ps2 remote" lately and assumed they all referred to the IR remote, not the "controller," which is the term I am more used to hearing. If it is the controller you are talking about, then I think there may be a few small errors in the pinout you listed above. For example, L1 and L2 are not present, and there shouldn't be two extra pins with no functions. There are many different revisions of these controllers, so the pinouts on the connectors may vary, but here are my results:

1: L2
2: L1
3: Up
4: Left
5: Down
6: Right
7: Select
8: Analog
9: Start
10: GND : Digital Buttons (Start, Select, Analog on/off)
11: GND : Analog Buttons (Other Buttons)
12: GND : Mysterious Ground (through a resistor?)
13: Square
14: X
15: Circle
16: Triangle
17: R1
18: R2

Also, using the left analog stick for the face buttons is going to be awkward because it will be the reverse of how the PSP is normally played (face buttons controlled with right hand). To use one of the joysticks for controlling the face buttons you will need to desolder it and make some simple modifications to the potentiometers, TimmyDX shows how to do this is his video tutorial.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 10:00:14 AM by Blizzrad »

Offline W4573D

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I aM< sUpEr > SeXy
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 01:10:07 PM »
thanks electro but could you tell me what model of ps2 controller you have

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 02:21:45 PM »
This is also the SCPH-10010 controller. As far as I know Sony uses these numbers to denote the basic controller model, but they may still vary between different hardware revisions internally. Also, for the pinout I listed above, the pins count right to left starting at 1 when looking at the back of the controller PCB.

Offline rallyman92

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 02:07:19 AM »
I have been seeing some posts here about the "Ps2 remote" lately and assumed they all referred to the IR remote, not the "controller," which is the term I am more used to hearing. If it is the controller you are talking about, then I think there may be a few small errors in the pinout you listed above. For example, L1 and L2 are not present, and there shouldn't be two extra pins with no functions. There are many different revisions of these controllers, so the pinouts on the connectors may vary, but here are my results:

1: L2
2: L1
3: Up
4: Left
5: Down
6: Right
7: Select
8: Analog
9: Start
10: GND : Digital Buttons (Start, Select, Analog on/off)
11: GND : Analog Buttons (Other Buttons)
12: GND : Mysterious Ground (through a resistor?)
13: Square
14: X
15: Circle
16: Triangle
17: R1
18: R2

Also, using the left analog stick for the face buttons is going to be awkward because it will be the reverse of how the PSP is normally played (face buttons controlled with right hand). To use one of the joysticks for controlling the face buttons you will need to desolder it and make some simple modifications to the potentiometers, TimmyDX shows how to do this is his video tutorial.

But the numbers of pinout start from left to right o right to left???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal