Author Topic: razor x help  (Read 2199 times)

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
razor x help
« on: July 15, 2008, 05:33:20 PM »
I know where to solder to on my slim psp but I just don't know how to assemble the razor x(with  the spring) and what I need to solder on my razor x. I tried search but didn't find anything. Can someone tell me how or point me in the rite direction?

Offline tanoz

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: razor x help
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 05:00:16 AM »
you solder the 4 wires on the backside of the razor x pcb and they will then be soldered to the psp.
to assemble the nub you simply completly dismantle a psp nub and then take the spring, the part that connects to the nub cover and the top half of nub(part you pull apart). you then assemble just those three parts like you would as normal and put on your razor x pcb. move it around to make it sit in place and the razor x board should be flat against the plastic. then using heat melt mushroom down the 4 legs to the pcb and that holds it together
Lots of gaming stuff but too lazy to mention =]

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 05:18:41 AM »
you solder the 4 wires on the backside of the razor x pcb and they will then be soldered to the psp.
to assemble the nub you simply completly dismantle a psp nub and then take the spring, the part that connects to the nub cover and the top half of nub(part you pull apart). you then assemble just those three parts like you would as normal and put on your razor x pcb. move it around to make it sit in place and the razor x board should be flat against the plastic. then using heat melt mushroom down the 4 legs to the pcb and that holds it together
Thanks. I'm trying to do it but im stuck at the spring xD I can't see how to get the dam thing on. Any tips?  :boxed:

Offline tanoz

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 05:25:19 AM »
there is a video somewhere showing how to get it in. let me find it and then later ill edit this post giving you the link.

edit: finally found it
 http://youtube.com/watch?v=fmSydaJpCYw
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 05:42:07 AM by tanoz »
Lots of gaming stuff but too lazy to mention =]

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 05:55:46 AM »
Yea I still can't get it though >.> I'll try again I guess xD

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 06:53:11 AM »
BTW Tanoz didnt say to ground the razor dont forget to ground it to any - point on the psp  :victory: Good luck

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 06:54:27 PM »
Alright i got the spring  :tup: And I wired up my razor but when i go to connect it to the pins on the mobo they wont stick properly >.> Its probably because they are to small for a descent connection?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal