Author Topic: Advice/help with a DS lite housing mod  (Read 1289 times)

Offline nibbtastic

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Advice/help with a DS lite housing mod
« on: July 16, 2008, 12:35:09 PM »
I am modding my DS lite (i don't have it yet, i'm preplanning before purchasing items) and need to know some information. Here are some subjects I need help on:

1) What is the clearance between the ds lite's outer housing and the inner components on the top screen (need to know for the center and the sides)? Also how thick is the actual plastic housing there?

2) What is a good way to thin down a portion of plexiglass (its 3mm thick and I'd prefer to get it down to .9mm-.6mm... I know I'll probably need to polish it afterward, so some help on that would be good as well)?

3) What is the best/cleanest [cheapest ;)] way to a shape in the DS lite's housing and in plexiglass (laser cutting is not an option due to cost)?

4) What is a good way to make a clean controlled etching in both the DS lite's housing and in plexiglass (the DS lite will have clean, thin, straight lines of equal depth... the plexi glass will have a shape---> note the plexiglass will be extremely thin, likely between .9mm-.6mm. Sand blasting isn't an option due to cost)?

5) Is anywhere I can get Blacklight green plexiglass, blacklight paint, and/or mirror tinting film for pretty cheap?

Thanks for the help!  :beg:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal