Author Topic: Limiting joystick movement on the Classic Controller? - (previously on macros)  (Read 4196 times)

Offline mariecpu

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
How difficult would it be to add a macro function to the Classic Controller?
Would it be possible to program different joystick tilts (i.e. slowly moving the joystick to the left)?

I only need one macro, just a slow tilt to the left and A, then a slow tilt to the right and A again- connected to an existing button on the Classic.

Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

marie :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 07:02:46 PM by mariecpu »

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
Re: Classic Controller Macro?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 11:02:24 PM »
um well 1st like always i will introduce you
Welcome to AM, leaders in modding technoligy :D
now i have no idea wut a marco switch is but im 100% sure u cant program any new joysticks

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 11:35:03 PM »
How difficult would it be to add a macro function to the Classic Controller?
Would it be possible to program different joystick tilts (i.e. slowly moving the joystick to the left)?

I only need one macro, just a slow tilt to the left and A, then a slow tilt to the right and A again- connected to an existing button on the Classic.

Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

marie :)
you mean something like the spitfire mod for the 360

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 11:15:46 AM »
now i have no idea wut a marco switch is but im 100% sure u cant program any new joysticks
a macro is where  you push one button but that one button simulates two or more button presses
EX: pushing the A button will cause the game to think you pressed the L&R buttons at the same time.

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 02:41:01 PM »
ohh ok, ic
welll in that case i suppose a new "marco" joystick could be added, but would be pretty pointless as it most likely controlles the joystick right next to it

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 03:02:40 PM »
after thinking about it, I think I man have found a way. It's similar to Electro's psp L2/R2 mod. You can wire a tact switch to two buttons at once.  like lets say you wanted to press the A and B at the same time, you would wire it to the A button and the B button. So when you press the tact switch it be the same as pressing the A&B buttons at the same time.  I don't how to simulate a slow tilt but I do know you can wire it up to an analog switch, but I don't know where is left/right is on the joystick. So my usefulness ends here. but that should get you started.

Offline mariecpu

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 08:20:59 PM »
Ugh, by macro I meant a string of commands queued up much like "A, Down, B, Down, Z, A, B."
So a macro would perform those commands in that order.

"A macro in computer science is a rule or pattern that specifies how a certain input sequence (often a sequence of characters) should be mapped to an output sequence (also often a sequence of characters) according to a defined procedure."

There are programmable macro controllers available on the market for GC, PS, Xbox, etc. but they are difficult to program, cause you must record the series of commands in game.

Thanks anyways.

Edit: the other problem with the commercial macro controllers is that you can not record joystick movements.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 09:42:00 PM by mariecpu »

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 08:26:32 PM »
well you could definitely apply acidmods's own spitfire mod to the wii classic controller but L0rdnic0 is definitely the man to talk to, or KingMike

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 07:55:07 PM »
The problem lies with the joystick part.

Most programmable macro mods involve a seperate chip bypassing the switch inputs in parralel. They are just momentary switches. The joysticks however are variable potentiometer inputs. You cant simply wire to these and add on a programmable variance. Instead, there are two ways to accomplish this, both of which are not easy:

1: Remove the potentiometer leads going to the controller and run them to a PIC instead. The microcontroller would then relay the variable voltage back to the controllers joystick input. But then you would also have the ability to program the PIC to use macro functions that could send out the varied voltage output as desired. This would require an Anolog-2-Digital converter for each joystick. And due to space, you would want them to be serial interface to the PIC.

2: Even harder, is to bypass the I2C interface to the Wiimote. Have a PIC in between the Wiimote and the classic controller. This would require good knowledge of the I2C interface, and probably 2 PICs since you would be basically intercepting the signals. Example:

Wiimote sends I2C message to CC (classic controller). PIC A reads it and sends it along to PIC B via USART. PIC B then recomposes the I2C message and sends it to the CC. The CC responds back to PIC B. PIC B sees the right shoulder button is pushed in the response message and now forms a new response containing your macro (actually, it would be a series of timed responses). PIC B sends macro to PIC A. PIC A composes I2C message and sends to Wiimote.

Either method will work, but will require alot of time, effort, and testing. It is not impossible, but it is not very feasable unless you already have the setup to do this kind of work.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline mariecpu

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 06:01:09 PM »
Thank you all very much :)

I'm working on an alternative method utilizing Bluetooth, though it might not be as feasible as it seems.

edit:
Thinking about it a bit more, it'd be a quick/dirty fix if I could merely reduce the Left-to-Right range of the joystick, so that it could not be pushed all the way to either side.

After looking at this http://www.wiire.org/Wii/classic#Classic_controller_PCB.2C_Top_view

I quickly drew up this silly sketch for a solution which would allow me to easily adjust the L-to-R range:

But afterwards I realised that the joystick button cover thing would certainly get in the way as it covers the stick.
I'm still thinking on how I might go about making something to prevent the joystick from moving all the way to either side (essentially, I want to reduce the potential horizontal movement of the joystick).

Any thoughts? :D

Thanks again!

PspKicks: Please do not double post, use the edit () button. Thank you, and good luck on your mod.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 09:04:01 PM by PspKicks316 »

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
do you mind me asking why?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal