Author Topic: 360 rrod, but theres a diferent problem as well....  (Read 2441 times)

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
360 rrod, but theres a diferent problem as well....
« on: July 27, 2008, 03:00:48 AM »
ok, i dunno how to handle this, it was for 30 bucks, and it was RROD, so i figured simple x-clamp fix, right? well i get to poking about in it, and i realize, theres a part of the board nicked off by some pliers or something!  :angry: so i dunno to much on this, so ill sound like a total noob and lay it out, are the lines leading around on the boards just indicators of where wiring goes in the actual board, or are those the actual connections? and if they are, is there a way to mend them???
"believe nothing. no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: 360 rrod, but theres a diferent problem as well....
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 10:23:34 AM »
Uhm, what? Post some pics and maybe we can help

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
Re: 360 rrod, but theres a different problem as well....
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 11:46:27 AM »

it looks to me like he let a screw driver fly loose... im pretty sure now that i think about it, that this is the real circuitry :(
"believe nothing. no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 12:10:33 PM »
Why wouldn't it be the 'real circuitry'? It's not like there's gonna be a picture sitting there instead! You've NEVER worked with electronics have you? Yes, that's the 'real circuitry'. That's the traces that connect everything.

Sad to say, but you're screwed. You're not gonna be able to fix that. That's pretty bad.

Bright side is, you can probably part the good pieces and make back what you lost in cash, if not more.

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 12:26:47 PM »

next step for this is a fader circuit with a potentiometer  :tup:

i kind of figured, but i was also hoping that it would be something like a top layer so that microsoft could trace whatever down for whatever reason, but i really i knew "sigh" wishful thinking i guess, i think this one is gonna wind up being returned to wal-mart instead :winker:

Buddha

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 02:32:45 PM »
Heheh nice idea!

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 02:59:38 PM »
if its the traces that are cut then depeding on the amount of traces there are you may be able to scratch the paint on one end, solder a wire there, and then do the same on the other end so its completing the circuit. the picture isnt clear so i cant tell how many traces there are so if theres only a few, then your in luck, if the are many, like very small traces then sorry.

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 03:04:27 PM »
are you talking about that scuff under the screw?
LOL yea theres no hope of fixing that, theres like a billion traces that arnt connected there lol

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 08:47:25 PM »
theres like 10 or 15 all in one little area, yea, its going to wal mart. lol
'
i think if there was a way to make a mold of it out of something that wouldn't solder, then harden the mold, and then heat it up around the points, then i MIGHT be able to make it work, it would have to have ZERo attraction to solder though, as to not pull the traces out.... any ideas?

*UPDATE* apparently the guy who had this last did nothing but modify the dvd drive, so it was working even with the board in this condition apparently.... how odd???

Kicks: Don't double post, use the edit button
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 01:37:29 PM by PspKicks316 »

Buddha

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 01:38:23 PM »
There's no possible way it was work with that many traces cut...He lied to you

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 11:22:14 PM »
sorry for the double post ( thought i hit the edit button???) but either way its going to wal mart, oh well.

Buddha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal