Author Topic: WTF?  (Read 1111 times)

Offline ichosemypath

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
WTF?
« on: July 27, 2008, 04:27:26 PM »
so my screen stopped working you can still hear the start up sounds and scroll sounds but no video. i tried the simple stuff taking out the battery leaving it out rebooting with the brightness button all that, nothing. then i opened it and checked the connections, nothing. tried reinstalling the CFW, nothing. ordered a new LCD, now a can see a faint image. tried a temp bridge over the backlight fuse, nothing. WTF?

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
Re: WTF?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 06:33:34 PM »
Sometimes Integrated circuits fail. The only time I ever suspect the display is if is cracked or broken.

You hold the display up to bright light and look to make sure there are no broken traces to the display in the flex circuit.

You need a friend that has a PSP that will let you plug it into their system to check both the LCDs

That is why most of use that mess with modding have at least two PSPs of each type so we can use one as a reference when we break one.

So in your case it sounds like the unit was running and died. If the backlight fuse did not correct the problem it was more than likely your motherboard. We only suspect cables most of the time if you are putting it back together and it does not work.

Before I make any more investments, I would find someone to plug in the displays you have and test them. If you can't do that then I would recommend getting another PSP that works to have as a backup and test unit. It will be well worth the money you spend.

One last note:

Static Control.

Things like this happen when a unit gets a static charge while they are apart. MOST of the time they do not die right then and there, they die weeks, or months later. Spend a few dollars and get an anti static wrist strap, its worth it.

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 02:19:44 AM »
i think your mobo is messed up

Quote from: Jumbo
I herd you like stealing quotes ey?

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Raining Blood! From A Lacerated Sky!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 03:09:24 AM »
sounds weird but like gr8 said, static sometimes does not kill components, but gives them a static wound of sorts, where the component gets less and less functional or reliable until it eventually just dies.

500th post yay.

Quote from: ≤Ʀαωгу≥
you know who i would bone? daffy duck

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal