Author Topic: mic-in-remote  (Read 1867 times)

Offline wilcome

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
mic-in-remote
« on: July 28, 2008, 06:27:13 AM »
Hi everybody, i have done a new simple mod called mic-in-remote, this is the thing:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=qSHVV8Wrf8k

if you want more information you can ask me. bye bye

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: mic-in-remote
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 07:19:45 AM »
a guy on bepsp.com made one of these a while ago

Offline wilcome

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 08:26:10 AM »
yeah...I'm that guy (egorive). wilcome its another nick i like and i have it in some pages. I appreciate you protect the "first maker" person ;).

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 08:45:32 AM »
lol no problem man always good to give credit where credit is due.

Offline DUKE

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 08:51:41 AM »
works great, maybe you could make a tutorial?

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 10:57:27 AM »
yeah, i would prefer doing this rather than installing one in the psp directly.

Offline Electro

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +8/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 02:01:37 PM »
Here are some good ones I googled:

How to make a Homemade PSP Microphone:
http://www.pspcrazy.com/index.php?page=Articles&action=showarticle&id=246

Making your own headset adapter: tutorial:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38732

"Do it Yourself" PSP Headset Adapter! Use your own headset!!:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=socomftb&message.id=6639

Offline wilcome

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 02:14:08 PM »
I have my own but until now it's only in my mother language (spanish). This is the link:

http://bepsp.com/MIC-IN-REMOTE.html

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 09:36:18 PM »
Great tutorial,

Here is the language in English go to his tutorial for the pictures

This tutorial tries to explain a simple and straightforward mod that more than one I think will interest.

To start saying that there are many tutorials to create our own headsets using eg 1 jack connectors 4 and 2 jacks female connectors 2 and 3 respectively. There are other cables that connect directly from the hulls and microphone jack to 4 connectors. In either case they all attack the problem with the same philosophy.

It also say that I saw in his day on a website an interesting way in which they had integrated the microphone inside the psp.

This mod made me think of the advantages and disadvantages was the fact that include a microphone inside the psp. The obvious advantage is to forget the microphone forever and always would be available at any time. On the other hand I saw two disadvantages: the first was the dismantling of the psp, something that not all we dare to do for obvious reasons. The second is that the introduction of an internal microphone in the psp would in principle to allow us to use any other microphone connected to the remote control for reasons which I will explain later.

That's when thinking about how to avoid disadvantages paths occurred to me that the solution was to introduce the microphone rather than psp but on the remote control. This would avoid the one hand the cumbersome dismantling of the psp and also allow the possibility of using another original remote control in case of future micro-gadgets with which we could attract.

2.-Components and tools

For this mod we will need the following components:

_ A microphone with the following dimensions: 6 mm in diameter and 3 mm high. (It sold in any store elctronico by about 0.80 €, if you find a more expensive and better not hesitate to buy it.

_ Tin.

_ Welder.

_ Dremel (or any tool that serves to make a hole in the plastic).

_multímetro.

3.-Completing the mic-in-remote

I will avoid as much as possible any information that is not necessary to perform this mod. Even so will inevitably come into some aspect slightly technical to explain why I have done things well and not otherwise.

3.1 .- Original or false?

Thus I consider essential to know that there are basically 2 types of remote controls. Those who support the link between the headset of the video game Socom Fireteam Bravo and those without. We must learn to distinguish them because the use of a remote control than the original could lead to the mod does not work with certain applications originals (like video games or Go Messenger).

Then I show you some pictures for you veais already at first glance it is relatively easy to distinguish a plate of false remote control of a true (or at least offering the same benefits as the real):

Remote Control false:

Remote Control original:

As you can see in the photos the difference is already clear that the board of fake components are smaller in number and larger in size. If you still have doubts I noticed that for example in the wrong jack female does not have the appropriate connectors 4 that would be needed to connect the headset of Socom (only 3). On the other hand it is true.

I personally I bought several remote controls for Web www.dealextreme.com that besides being a good price, if they are not original, at least make a good copy and support the headset of Socom.

Once we are confident that we have before us a remote control original or equivalent to the original as we begin the mod.

3.2 .- Making hole!

This is the key to the whole mod. After all we all know now that the electronics industry and space-consuming tries its best to reduce the size of electrodoméstricos and thus make them more attractive to the final consumer (and if you do not ask my friend what he everlasting_bill suffered another meter for MS in the psp).

First of all you teach the protagonist of mod:

It is a microphone so I spent most common simply by a shop of electronic components and asked for a small microphone, gave me this and how I earned look no further. This means that surely find microphones smaller or better quality that I used, if so I am happy for you;).

And now, does the place where? ...

So it comes into play for the Dremel tool or similar to perform a hole diameter will be slightly higher than the microphone. Here I show you a picture of where you must make the hole in the casing of the remote control along with the microphone and I used the drill:

3.3 .- Caring detail.

Once the hole will have to remove the piece that you show below:

We also show where it fits into the casing so that you fixed on the bottom right where it will put the microphone. Precisely this part of this piece is too thick for our mod work. Perhaps the micro fit but not trust you as this piece scales slightly when pressed buttons and if we do something cables prevent the microphone.

The solution is simple enough sanding section of this piece to visibly reduce its thickness. We show a picture of singing for you get an idea of what I want to say:

Welding the microphone 3.4 .-

Now let's turn to weld the microphone. To do this we will identify what pins to those who have to weld.

Obviously the terminals to which I have the microphone soldier are not chosen at random. I Based on the information then I am taken from this site: psp serial port

The image above are the connection that exists in the psp seen from outside. Pin 1 corresponds to the microphone input and land it coincides with the base of the jack (HP connection in the image). So how to find the correspondence between the pins on one end and those in the remote control is to employ polymers. With this you can go testing every pin of the plate on the remote control to find the corresponding to pin 1 and the same with the base of the jack. Do not confuse with the image because the measurements at the end due to the male connector between the remote control and the pins of the plate.

In the next image which he indicated was correspondence in my case, but it's something that you are advised to check.

Once certain terminals only lack weld the microphone. Here I show you a picture of mine and soldier:

Once soldier now you can prove any application to use to see if everything has ido well and as expected.

3.5 .- assembler everything.

Well we have almost reached the end of the tutorial and if we followed all the steps but we should not have any problem with this. After all is only fitting well go all the pieces. Notice in several details:

- First the circle we have practiced the carcass has been such that just singing has opened a gap. I have taken advantage of this gap so that when the microphone can fit meter cables. Otherwise the meter would have had to make in advance and welding after which was a bit more cumbersome (I leave you to your choice).

- Secondly before closing the structure advise you test the remote control mainly because the rewind button in case something bad has ido (we sanding the little black piece of steps above) shall be that of problems. Also

Finally once-closed and verified that the microphone works I applied a bit of glue around the microphone to stay glued to the carcass.

These are some pictures of the final outcome of mod:

4 .- Conclusion

This mod as I have done 3 times (one to everlasting_will it's a little vaguete) and all successful in a while really small. Also in the worst case not lose but a little of your time and about $ 7 will be what I cost the remote control and microphone. I encourage you all to do so.

Regards,

Egorive

Notes: The credit is all the authors, all I have done is run it through a translation program.

Also if you are dealing with people like DealExtreme, I will give you a hint. Type up your questions
in English and then run them through:

http://translate.google.com

Select English to traditional Chinese and you will be surprised how fast and accommodating they are.

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • destined for the worst luck in modding
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 02:08:37 PM »
Wow great job hope you keep coming up with small but big mods like these im going to try this out my self later :clap: :victory:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal