Author Topic: Internal Multi memory card mod???  (Read 5651 times)

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
Internal Multi memory card mod???
« on: July 30, 2008, 01:22:54 PM »
I'm planning on buying this card reader to do it with. I need to know if it is plausible. OR if there are any usb to mspd adapters out there.
Click me

Thanks, RoBo
 :tup:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 07:47:48 PM by RoBot1ks »

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
Re: Internal Multi memory card mod???
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 01:29:43 PM »
It is possible Folklord36 did it already and no there isnt

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 04:46:17 PM »
That's just one card though. This adapter has 20 card functionality. This one wouldnt be as simple as his would it?
I will buy one, open it up and post pics if needed. Unless someone already has one.
Thanks

Offline tom61

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 07:03:43 PM »
I'm planning on buying this card reader to do it with. I need to know if it is plausible. OR if there are any usb to mspd adapters out there.
Click me

Thanks, RoBo

The one linked appears to be for a computer with USB, not a PSP.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 07:09:12 PM »
they are all for computers.............

god dam some people dont even know whats going on but ya i dont think that will work out too good. you should have gotten the lil cheapy ones taht read sd cards only its easier.

but i might work out just need a pic of the insides :P

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 07:20:50 PM »
It's not 20 card functionality, it just supports 20 cards. It can still only use 1 at a time, and its USB so no you can't use it...

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 07:25:44 PM »
The one linked appears to be for a computer with USB, not a PSP.
lol  :rofl:

Sorry.
My goal is to wire it to fit the psp.... like this one:
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=14584.0
pspkicks: thats what i meant to say..sorry.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 07:32:57 PM »
I figured that, just making sure. And how are you supposed to make it work in the psp, it's USB? I think I'm missing something lol. Or do you mean jsut take the card slot and just use that...?

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 07:38:43 PM »
I figured that, just making sure. And how are you supposed to make it work in the psp, it's USB? I think I'm missing something lol. Or do you mean jsut take the card slot and just use that...?
ya man im gonna take out the reader itself (desolder usb connector) and find a way to wire the final output to my mspd slot  :tup:
But like i said, im gonna post pics of the innards if i cant figure out how to wire it

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 07:41:46 PM »
You're talking about making a USB to MSPD connector in the end...which I don't think is possible...

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 07:44:43 PM »
You're talking about making a USB to MSPD connector in the end...which I don't think is possible...
no...lol. maybe i should explain a little more...did you see how aliander wired his adapter? that is somewhat of what im expecting
But it is prob. going to be a bit more difficult. I wont know if its plausible until i see the innards though

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 07:47:37 PM »
OHHHHHHHHH. I get what you mean now. Wow I feel stupid XD I didn't actually read his thread. For some reason I though you were trying some internal memory card with 2 cards. All that registered in mah brain was 'internal multi memory card' hahaha. Good luck with it, it should be simple

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 07:49:32 PM »
OHHHHHHHHH. I get what you mean now. Wow I feel stupid XD I didn't actually read his thread. For some reason I though you were trying some internal memory card with 2 cards. All that registered in mah brain was 'internal multi memory card' hahaha. Good luck with it, it should be simple
lol i was starting to worry about you a little bit. haha.
Im really going to try to make some kind of plug with the wires connected so i can remove the adapter from the umd drive to switch cards  :tup:

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 07:52:25 PM »
Good idea, post pics when you get it and of the finished result! Good luck lol. And don't worry about me justttt yettt. I'm just really tired. Haha, not thinking straight...worried about some stuff. *shrugs* Good luck on your mod, hope everything turns out well! Shouldn't be any more then like...15 wires or so? Less probably, around 12? If I come across any small connectors you could use I'll let you know

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 07:58:20 PM »
Good idea, post pics when you get it and of the finished result! Good luck lol. And don't worry about me justttt yettt. I'm just really tired. Haha, not thinking straight...worried about some stuff. *shrugs* Good luck on your mod, hope everything turns out well! Shouldn't be any more then like...15 wires or so? Less probably, around 12? If I come across any small connectors you could use I'll let you know
Yeah Ill be sure to update for yall. lol im getting ready to get on socom and play with my clan...ANYWAYs, I appreciate the offer.  :tup: Just bought some more kynar wire today so i am all set. But I have a feeling that I will run into some major problem with the wiring...but im sure that somebody can help me.
Once I finish, I will write a full tutorial on how to do it, where to get the adapter, plugs, and anything unexpected i might have to use... :victory:
BTW if anybody has some ideas...any idea, just post it.

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 08:57:25 PM »
hate to break it to you but the adapter aliander used was meant to convert SD to MSPD specifically so if you plan to tap into the ic's on the mobo of this card reader and somehow pull mspd signals i can tell you that it is not possible. Your best bet would be to take about 4 years of programing classes create a host device and program it to read the cards and direct them to the psp. this kinda thing would just take a very committed highly experienced engineer lots of time and is just not realistic to approach reading mem cards with this device for the psp better off just geting the sdhc adapter and wire up a mini sdhc slot an sd slot to that and wireing a mspd slot and a old ms slot directly to the wifi card so you can have 4 slots if you just want it to look cool with a bunch of mem slots in the umd drive

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 09:03:31 PM »
Are you serious??  :faint:
Well, Ill buy it anyway and take a look at it. I may need the adapter for something else.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 09:11:15 PM »
hate to break it to you but the adapter aliander used was meant to convert SD to MSPD specifically so if you plan to tap into the ic's on the mobo of this card reader and somehow pull mspd signals i can tell you that it is not possible. Your best bet would be to take about 4 years of programing classes create a host device and program it to read the cards and direct them to the psp. this kinda thing would just take a very committed highly experienced engineer lots of time and is just not realistic to approach reading mem cards with this device for the psp better off just geting the sdhc adapter and wire up a mini sdhc slot an sd slot to that and wireing a mspd slot and a old ms slot directly to the wifi card so you can have 4 slots if you just want it to look cool with a bunch of mem slots in the umd drive
I guess I was wrong about it being easy...  :faint:

Good luck RoBot1ks! Lol.

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 09:19:34 PM »
lol thanks.
I have a theory of how it could translate the signals.
Once I get the parts and see if it works ill tell you.
The parts only cost a couple bucks anyway.  :tup:

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 09:44:43 PM »
The LSI chip that is in card readers translate the memory cards to a common format

The only problem is they are designed with a usb slave device built into them.

If we could get to the memory signals, yes we could plug just about every memory card there is into
the PSP.

The problem is like I said they integrate the signals into a usb slave device.

There is a library to do this if you want. But to use it you will have to learn to program CPLD devices.
They have about 2,000,000 transistors in them and you would have to learn to design everything
starting with nand gate logic.

So basically you would be designing  a reader from scratch.

I designed a dual reader system CPLD that would switch between two different SDHC cards. Then another
company had released the dual card adapter the makes the two devices look like one larger device.
I then gave up on that and started working on the USB HOST/MASS storage project.

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 09:52:01 PM »
don't give up are you talking about the NEW ones or the old one that has a 8gb limit? the new one as in the one in japan that takes 2 micro sdhc cards it makes them apear as one? hmm wonder if it will work with 2 32gb sdhc cards wired up? 64gb internal in the ammount of space a mspd takes up sounds impressive would you happen to have a link to the one you are refering to?

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 10:16:53 PM »
right now it has 32 gig limit and you can use two devices for a total of 64 gig

http://pspupdates.qj.net/More-PhotoFast-accessory-pictures-and-info-from-Computex-2008-Update-/pg/49/aid/120940

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2008, 11:30:16 PM »
Would THIS be of any help to me???

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 12:13:37 AM »
 :censored: yes it would help. It looks like it already has everything your looking for. Also its specifically designed for the psp. With this it looks like you could just take off the case, slip it in the umd drive, and solder the wires that go to the mspd adaptor directly to the wifi board. Of course it all kind of dependson how the inside is. I suggest you buy it and crack it open. Even if you don't use it on this mod, it may come in handy later.

This may be the best bet.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2008, 08:03:49 AM »
pshhh what are you trying to acomplish i dont get it? that useless hunk of cheap plastic is 90 usd with a limit of 4 gb that is a huge rip off for the price of that alone with no cards you could get a 16 gb sdhc an 8 gb sdhc and an adapter and a slot to do the sd mod 100x more cost and space effective with the $ to gb ratioand the space to gb ratio

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 08:29:47 AM »
If you look close you'll see that that device dosent have a limit of 4gb, that's the size of the memory it comes with. It can be expanded by using all of those memory card adaptor.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 08:56:13 AM »
If you look close you'll see that that device dosent have a limit of 4gb, that's the size of the memory it comes with. It can be expanded by using all of those memory card adaptor.
thats what i was going to say lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal