Author Topic: FIXED RROD!!! HELP  (Read 2187 times)

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
FIXED RROD!!! HELP
« on: August 04, 2008, 06:32:41 PM »
well me and my cuzin just fixed my rrod but there were 2 problems, the 1st is some of the front port like the memory card slot have been raised... i think its because the screws, my dad he can cut the metal so its fixable, but the othet magor one is when i try to open my dvd drive it just makes a s ound but it doesnt open :O
could it be bricked? i dont no wut the code is so if it is i might need a new dvd drive, but it makes a noise so its getting power, i can try to pull on it but it wont open either, im going to take the cover off and see wuts wrong wit it, but im very happy right now becausse i have my 1st xbox 360!!! :D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 07:26:57 AM by Talos »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: FIXED RROD!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 06:46:48 PM »
Congrats bud! Hope you get that fixed xD

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 07:08:35 PM »
thanks kicks ^^
my dad drilled out the xclamp areas so the screws arnt getting cought, atleast now i can get onto live, but my dvd drive is still messed up

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 07:31:15 PM »
If it's just getting caught on something, maybe you can try opening it back up and making sure everything is sitting right and screwed in all the way. And try to see if it works when the 360 is open. That's what I did with my Wii when I had some problems.

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 07:37:56 PM »
If it's just getting caught on something, maybe you can try opening it back up and making sure everything is sitting right and screwed in all the way. And try to see if it works when the 360 is open. That's what I did with my Wii when I had some problems.

well my dad drilled the thing so i can get my memory thing in and im on xbl right now. and my 360 is open too
but my dvd drive just makes a sound like it want to open and i try to help but no use

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 07:48:29 PM »
Maybe there's a probem with the motor or something... Drives are relatively cheap, so it's not like you'd pay much if you got a new one. But you'd need to flash it too..

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 12:30:39 AM »
when did the drive start this problem...

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 06:55:20 AM »
when did the drive start this problem...
i just got the 360 rrod, and i fixed it and it nvr had opened
i think i just scratched tmy gta4 game beond repair :(
to play the game i just took the cover off the dvd player and put the game in, but while i was playing i touched the cover (screws werent in) and i heard a errrrrrr err errrrr noise, then it said disk could not be read, i took the disk out and ther is these lines all the way around the disk, nd wen i try to play it it sais it cant be read, am i screwed  or can this be fixed?

EDIT:
Note Scratches that follow the curve of the disc are very damaging and prevent a disc from being read. If you see that your disc has even one of these types of scratches, the disc is damaged, and you will no longer be able to play it.

and guess what, ther is scrathes on the side... i think im going to cry :cry2:

it tells me to go to the disk replacemnt program, but gta4 isnt in the program!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 07:10:49 AM by Talos »

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
Re: FIXED RROD!!! HELP
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 09:30:25 PM »
ee u got some problem yea that drive must be real messed up inside...i would just get a new drive for it..cuz i from hat u told i never seen or heard of something that bad,,

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 01:50:54 PM »
ee u got some problem yea that drive must be real messed up inside...i would just get a new drive for it..cuz i from hat u told i never seen or heard of something that bad,,
musik told me that i can get a hdd for 5 dolla at gamestop, i dont believe him lol but can i burn games onto the hdd?

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 10:04:55 PM »
i believe so but if u go on xbox live you get banned from ym sense of knowledge unless u dnt care bout xbox live then..
but if u search the web like real hard there should some way i can do that i kno there is it happens to every console...

Offline KyleP

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 10:11:27 PM »
probably just like you said memory card slots up higher that could be the case for your dvd drive and it could be getting caught on the face plate or something :tup:

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 05:44:19 PM »
wow, ther is alot of questions and topics coming up on the spitfire
but anyway i read this thing that said if u put furnature polish on a scrathched up disk it will make it read right over the scrathces, she said it was a industry secret or somthing, well i tried it, sparyed it on wiped it around wit a real soft glass's wipe thing and it looked the same way it did, (scratches still there) i put it in and nothing happened then i tried again and this white screen comes up sayin if i want to play that game i need to put it in a xboxd 360 console, i think thats like the white screen of death or somthing? is that bad and is ther any possible way of fixing my disk? i think i have screwed it up way to much now by putting that crap on it

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 01:11:06 PM »
hello... BUMP
i is need help!
after applying the stuff some morew i can get the game to start and go into the beginign of it where it shows the people but it always sais disk cant be read, how do i fix those scratches?? or how i fill em in

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal