Author Topic: Idea~  (Read 6966 times)

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Idea~
« on: August 07, 2008, 09:37:36 PM »
Ok. BECAUSE of the increase in double posts I've been seeing, I've got an idea. Well, this is actually Kink192's idea. I'm jsut posting it. Lol.

Well, We think that for each double post you make, you should get a warning PM. After 3 warning PMs, that said person should get, like, a 24h read-only ban. And, it get's longer/worse the more it keeps happening (Severity is figured out based on how many times, and how often, etc.).
I also think, that you should be able to double post when, and ONLY when, you're adding a crucial update to the thread. And even at that, there should be a time limit before you can post that second post. Like at least 24h.

What do you guys think? I'd post in S&I but I CAN'T still...=(

P.S. I can't post in S&I and Retro still...or R&D...

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
Re: Idea~
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 09:40:36 PM »
Ya seems good to me :)

It gets pretty annoying.

And that one guy in PSP that keeps making dumb topics with questions that we answered in his other topic. That is pissing me off...

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 10:13:49 PM »
The whole 360 board is pissing me off too. Seriously, got a problem with me then PM me.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 12:15:39 AM »
I like your idea (a lot in fact it would cut down a double posters). but I want to add to it too.

Lets make it so new people have to read a FAQ thread with all the questions answered (ie: how do you do the hard drive mod or where is the led trigger tut)  before they can even post, make it so they have to stay on that page for like 5 mins (so they have to read it) before they can continue to other sections. I mean a lot of people would stop if this FAQ was there.

it's either that or update the FAQ page to include this stuff so we have somewhere to point them too.
the stupid thing is people say use the search button when someone asks a question, and when they do search, they find an old topic, the old topic will either

a) Have people flaming the original poster or reporting them telling them to use the search function

b) be only partially answered, and so they reply to the topic, asking a smaller question within it, and they get flamed or reported

Sure sometimes there is spam etc, in that case the argument is justified but if newbs cant check old topics.....and they cant create new ones wtf are they supposed to do?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 12:17:55 AM by dslitemodder »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 05:03:37 AM »
Agreed. And SOMEONE PLEASE yell at Sillynuts for the DAMN QUAD POSTS!

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Sig and Avatar by INDYCHASE
    • GAMING LAGOON - Join now for free prizes
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 06:00:29 AM »
this should be put in place everywhere except for web art. because double posting is allowed for updates

Guppy > Chief Squatting Hard > 1/2 Pint > Fart Sniffer > Tone Deff > Motor Mouth > Allumnist > King of the Wii-tards > Who Farted > Poker Champ > Chaos Lover > Bomb Maker > CyberPyrot Wannabe

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 06:43:20 AM »
pshhh also i think a 24 hr ban would have been perfect for that unfriendly shussainu so that after making 4 silly threads about the same thing in psp board he gets a 24 hr read only bann to make him stop posting unfriendly stuff and read why he is a unfriendly in all his other threads and a good yelling at by a mod thats what ppl like him need if i were mod hed be banned for like a week
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 07:33:31 AM by noah03ark »

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 06:48:35 AM »
+1, hes also called the entire acidmods community "gays" i mean what does it take for a person to get banned, or atleast temp banned.

Guppy > Chief Squatting Hard > 1/2 Pint > Fart Sniffer > Tone Deff > Motor Mouth > Allumnist > King of the Wii-tards > Who Farted > Poker Champ > Chaos Lover > Bomb Maker > CyberPyrot Wannabe

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 10:06:35 AM »
SillyNOnuts and CrazyGerman. I wish I was admin at this point. They'd be long gone. Seriously, who the :censored: has a right in telling ME I know NOTHING and I'm dumb because I'm 15? Wtfh.

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 10:09:34 AM »
yh i read those posts, that was way outta line , admins should do something about that. i mean what he said in that post, he deserves to be temp banned atleast

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 10:14:48 AM »
people should be temp. banned for not using the search button

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 10:25:17 AM »
people should be temp. banned for not using the search button
That's a little extreme. Maybe after a few warnings of posting answered topics, if the answer is in a topic on, say, the first 2 pages or so.
yh i read those posts, that was way outta line , admins should do something about that. i mean what he said in that post, he deserves to be temp banned atleast
Exactly! And yet people wonder why I get pissed at people.

ccccpie

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 06:14:43 AM »
Meh, If I had any say in this there would be a system with infractions, 3 infractions = temp banned, You get infractions for double posting, Spamming, flaming, etc. The mod of that section or global mod / admin gets to decide how many points its worth 3 points = temp ban, (Every normal infraction = 1 point). Infractions expire over a certain period of time, if the mod / admin decides its worth a perm ban then its permanent, there would be a section wich people can post disputes as a guest, if they think the infraction / ban was out of line.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 07:25:59 AM »
there would be a section wich people can post disputes as a guest, if they think the infraction / ban was out of line.
that's the problem, anybody who's been banned will not take it lightly and say oh you banned me it's not fair! and then they would spam the guest section

ccccpie

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 02:32:54 PM »
No. It would need to be approved by an admin/mod before it gets posted.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008, 03:27:09 PM »
Hopefully something like this will be put into effect. I haven't seen any admins post here...or other mods.

ccccpie

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 03:28:31 PM »
Well, In my opinion it's time for a whole restart with new admins / mods that are actually active.

Offline Casius

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 03:37:26 PM »
Good idea, but there aint exectly a button you could press to make it happen, It only takes one click of delet and the post is gone.

ccccpie

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 03:47:47 PM »
Good idea, but there aint exectly a button you could press to make it happen, It only takes one click of delet and the post is gone.

....?

Offline Casius

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008, 03:57:28 PM »
There aint a button a admin could press to auto ban some one for 24 houres if he double posts

...better?

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2008, 03:58:46 PM »
Make a Mod for SMF that makes it so you cant double post...

Offline Casius

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2008, 04:01:23 PM »
Or vBullitin 3O seconds between posts

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2008, 04:03:30 PM »
There aint a button a admin could press to auto ban some one for 24 houres if he double posts

...better?
a admin can ban some one for 24 hours with a few clicks tho, its not that hard, and yea it wouldnt be that hard to make a button to do that anyways

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2008, 04:06:43 PM »
Or vBullitin 3O seconds between posts

Ya but then after 30 seconds you can double post and its alot of money for vB and we would have to reset the whole site...

Offline Casius

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2008, 04:32:45 PM »
Ya but then after 30 seconds you can double post and its alot of money for vB and we would have to reset the whole site...

90% of vb forums aint paided for. and we will only reset a bunch of double posts

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2008, 04:37:11 PM »
Thats means they are illegal vB forums... And we dont want that lol.

And ya after you convert to Vb every password has to be reset remake ranks teams, smilys will be gone, everything cant be baked up.

And there arent the same mods for vB, new Skin must be made

Its not worth it...

Offline Casius

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2008, 04:48:42 PM »
Thats means they are illegal vB forums... And we dont want that lol.

And ya after you convert to Vb every password has to be reset remake ranks teams, smilys will be gone, everything cant be baked up.

And there arent the same mods for vB, new Skin must be made

Its not worth it...

I new all that, i am trying to tell you between the lines  this aint a problem, double post can be fixed vai a mod,

ccccpie

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2008, 06:12:24 PM »
Meh, It's time for a whole new start, If it was my choice we'd be on vBulletin, using:

• Prevent Thread Bump
      • Stops people from double posting until a certain amount of time has passed
    • Download Box BBCode
      • Lets you put download links in a nice custom box using
    • Sticky Row Color Change
      • Makes stickies a slightly different color so they stand out
    • Report PM
      • Lets you report PMs to moderators
    • Forum Home Announcement
      • Lets mods post announcements on the homepage
      • Images for Usernames - Lets people use an image in place of their username in some places
      • Advanced BBCode Permissions
        • Lets mods set who can use what BBCodes
      • Zoints Forum Ban
        • Lets mods ban people from individual forums

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
    • Acid Modder
    • Post quality +0/-0
    « Reply #28 on: August 10, 2008, 06:15:22 PM »
    These are all good ideas and i think its awesome the high ups pretend to not even see this along with all the other good proposed ideas in the suggestion and improvement board :tup:

ccccpie

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2008, 06:17:28 PM »
    These are all good ideas and i think its awesome the high ups pretend to not even see this along with all the other good proposed ideas in the suggestion and improvement board :tup:
    Well, In my opinion it's time for a whole restart with new admins / mods that are actually active.

>.>

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
    SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal