Author Topic: Planning Open Source Rapidfire *Update* video  (Read 20921 times)

Offline KyleP

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Planning Open Source Rapidfire
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2008, 07:20:13 AM »
personnally i like the sleeper no added buttons and looks on it just put some leds in the controller

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2008, 08:12:19 AM »
you can do auto detect, so chip detects which controller it is when its turned on.  no need for a button combo to identify controller

Offline h311jump3r

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • SparkMods - The Mod Repository
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2008, 09:29:00 AM »
Yeah, I know right! Anyways, it is not even finished yet, this is just the basic look for it and once it is finished it will look soo awesome (guaranteed?)! I will put so many things for all users.

Well, it would be cool if some of you guys signed up, and if you find anything wrong (i.e. a bug) you can pm on the forum (here or there).

For a few hours of work, the site is pretty good I think...

Offline h311jump3r

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2008, 10:01:13 AM »
you can do auto detect, so chip detects which controller it is when its turned on.  no need for a button combo to identify controller

Ok, didn't know that. But the other part about speed variables could still work. I also found a better way a few days ago and am not sure if I saved it...I'll get back to you if I ever find it again...

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2008, 03:47:23 PM »
I was already thinking about having one of the inputs dedicated for controller select. Solder to Vdd for matrix, solder to ground for CG.

At this point, there will most likely be a couple of codes for external buttons vs sleeper.

Just to clarify: The work I do will only be posted here on these forums. The only reason I am doing this is because it seems to be a rather high demand for the people here and I like this forum. With luck, this project will lend bandwidth.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline h311jump3r

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2008, 04:25:06 PM »

Just to clarify: The work I do will only be posted here on these forums. The only reason I am doing this is because it seems to be a rather high demand for the people here and I like this forum. With luck, this project will lend bandwidth.

Aww man, cmon. I mean, i was just saying that cuz I have a way to keep all the files really easy to find at :censored:.com

Offline h311jump3r

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2008, 08:06:42 PM »
Just here to tell you all that the tutorial section that I promised is up and running :tup:!!!

Visit

http://:censored:.com/tuts

If you want to join my community please sign up at the forums!

http://:censored:.com/forum

Offline Ack Like You Know

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2008, 05:01:03 AM »
I signed up. My PS3 rapid fire with single tactile switch is almost done and will soon be released give me a couple weeks and it will be ready to go. I'll post my PS3 rapid fire tutorial on your site.

Offline h311jump3r

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2008, 08:03:28 AM »
I signed up. My PS3 rapid fire with single tactile switch is almost done and will soon be released give me a couple weeks and it will be ready to go. I'll post my PS3 rapid fire tutorial on your site.

NICE, I knew ppl would love it compared to conventional forum posts...took me a longgg time to get it to work and get the style done.

Offline Ack Like You Know

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2008, 08:59:04 AM »
Yeah. PS3 rapid fire is almost done. The method is a little different but install is pretty straightforward. I'll be posting vids here in a week or so with installation pictures/diagrams. I'll keep everyone posted here and on your site as to its release. Will be putting the first 50 kits or so on ebay to recoup the money I put into it. After I have come out square even, I will release the hex and PS3 owners will be rapid firing in no time.

By the way, my kits will only be $15 SHIPPED compared to what the jack off on ebay sells them for. Keep an eye out!! :w00t:

Offline h311jump3r

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2008, 09:02:32 AM »
Yeah. PS3 rapid fire is almost done. The method is a little different but install is pretty straightforward. I'll be posting vids here in a week or so with installation pictures/diagrams. I'll keep everyone posted here and on your site as to its release. Will be putting the first 50 kits or so on ebay to recoup the money I put into it. After I have come out square even, I will release the hex and PS3 owners will be rapid firing in no time.

By the way, my kits will only be $15 SHIPPED compared to what the jack off on ebay sells them for. Keep an eye out!! :w00t:

That is awesome man, and thank you for your support. I need fresh content so people can find my site. I would like everyone here to go to my site, even though it's still in beta, the feeling is still there. I will be adding tons of things to it to make it literally...the repository for all mods (my slogan for now on...on the site).

Anyways, thank you for your support man (ohhh, you didn't sign up at the forum...just at the tuts...)

I gotta find a way to bridge them together...

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2008, 07:15:21 PM »
As most of you know, here is how the 2 board styles work:

By rhayes33 at 2008-08-13

Looking at the new CG board, we now know that the wiper is a 10kOhm potentiometer that provides an analog signal using the trigger. As you pull the trigger you offset the resistance between the supply and ground varying the voltage that is given to the wiper.

So here is something I found very interesting. If you check the multiple posts on X-S about the work RCD has done in tracing the controller boards, you will find out that all of the analog controls are tied together and supplied with 1.5VDC. I had hoped this was a pulsed 3VDC signal that normalized to 1.5VDC but its not. The oscilliscope showed a pure DC signal.

It makes sense though. If the controllers are battery powered, you would want to have a regulated source that will not degrade with battery strength. The bad news is that the individual wiper pins of each potentiometer goes straight to the microsoft chip as analog inputs. These input are 99% likely to be using that 1.5VDC regulated supply as its voltage refference. Actually, I could not find any transistors or diodes that supplied this reference voltage and I believe the Microsoft chip itself supplies it. This means that the analog inputs are expecting voltages from 0 VDC to 1.5VDC max. And people are soldering PIC outputs directly to these inputs at 3VDC.

By rhayes33 at 2008-08-13

Can this damage your controller? I honestly dont know. Only a Microcoft applications Engineer can answer that. But common Analog-2-Digital converters are designed to use a reference voltage and do not like having twice that amount pumped into them on a constant basis. This is why so many of the Ebay mods use resistors in series as a cheap protection. I started looking at resistor values to make the desired voltage swing effects when I realised this was just as bad as not using one at all. Even if you use a resistor, the series resistance will change if the trigger is pulled halfway and will have the same effect.

Some designs use transistor to pull the wiper to the supply/ground. This is a much better design to use since you do not exceed the analog input boundries. The only bad part is that transistors use the base-collector voltage to 'turn on' when used aws a switch which means that to pull the wiper to the supply, you collector is floating.

This brings me to the best design choice for manipulating the wiper voltage with no unnecessary current/voltage on the analog input. By using an opto-isolator, you can turn the PIC outputs into isolated transistor outputs.

I have board testing to do next couple of days to prove this. But what this will mean is that one code will fit both baords in both designs (rapid vs sleeper) by only changing the wiring. There will be no need to detect controller type.

Is this really necessary? Maybe not, but I personally would rather spend an extra $0.25 to make damn certain I dont burn out the trigger inputs on my controller.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 07:20:00 PM by Hazer »
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline h311jump3r

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 08:56:27 AM »
I have board testing to do next couple of days to prove this. But what this will mean is that one code will fit both baords in both designs (rapid vs sleeper) by only changing the wiring. There will be no need to detect controller type.

Is this really necessary? Maybe not, but I personally would rather spend an extra $0.25 to make damn certain I dont burn out the trigger inputs on my controller.

lol, ya, same here. This idea looks promising, but I did find something better online to control the speeds at which you fire...but it would have to be an external device...as soon as I find that link I will post it here...I should have bookmarked it!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 02:51:27 PM by h311jump3r »

Offline KyleP

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 09:53:32 AM »
good luck

Offline h311jump3r

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2008, 10:48:16 PM »
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 11:56:41 AM by h311jump3r »

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
Re: Planning Open Source Rapidfire *Update* video
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2008, 06:14:18 PM »
See first post.

Offline Crazy Germans

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2008, 01:20:59 AM »
wow nice!!  Looks like I'll need to be getting myself a programmer.  Can someone point me in the direction of a programmer that would work for this and wouldn't be too expencive.  And where should I buy the PICs from?

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2008, 03:04:39 AM »
programmer   "yes it works with the 12F683"

http://www.atvgc.com/shop/details.php?id=10

Pic 12F683    "Type 12F683 in part search"

http://www.vctechnologyinc.com/searchlist.aspx
http://www.digikey.com

Or get free Simple From

www.micochip.com

« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 03:10:35 AM by KingMike_OS »

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2008, 05:07:05 AM »
with that kit it only comes with the software. i assume that once you connect the pic programmer to your computer there is software needed.where would we get that?

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2008, 08:12:58 AM »
google winpic, its only software youll need.

Offline Crazy Germans

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2008, 09:04:13 AM »
programmer   "yes it works with the 12F683"

http://www.atvgc.com/shop/details.php?id=10
What's the ZIF Socket?  Should I get that too?

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2008, 09:37:03 AM »
nice work looks like it's coming along really nicely :tup:

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2008, 10:22:17 AM »
no need for ziff socket, i didnt get it for my 2, its just something extra.  if someone plans to program chips and sell them i reccomend the ziff socket.  and like i told mike that site will take 7-10 days to receive, cause there in UK.

Offline OpTiCz

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2008, 11:18:20 AM »
The digital pimp hard at work.

Keep up the good work! Really looking forward to testing.

It would be great if you could post multiple files that perform different functions.
Specifically, having different hex files for different rate for those of us who don't want to put a button on the controllers for selecting the rate of fire. I personally, love the idea of having the selectable rate of fire.

Offline Crazy Germans

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2008, 11:44:49 AM »
no need for ziff socket, i didnt get it for my 2, its just something extra.  if someone plans to program chips and sell them i reccomend the ziff socket.  and like i told mike that site will take 7-10 days to receive, cause there in UK.
what's the ziff socket do though?

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2008, 12:04:36 PM »
what's the ziff socket do though?
it's just a "better" pic holder that holds the pic's while their being programmed so the pins don't break.....correct me if i'm wrong

Offline h311jump3r

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2008, 12:33:12 PM »
It would be great if you could post multiple files that perform different functions.
Specifically, having different hex files for different rate for those of us who don't want to put a button on the controllers for selecting the rate of fire. I personally, love the idea of having the selectable rate of fire.

Yeah, I like it too. But if hazer doesn't want to do it, then I'll take it upon myself to do it. Either by the video I posted at my new site or by code...

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2008, 03:19:58 PM »
alot will like the selectable rate of fire, but i see no need in it, i know i would never use it, i would keep it on full speed, thats the point of rapid fire.

Offline h311jump3r

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2008, 03:28:45 PM »
well...that's why it doesn't work in all games...cuz it's too fast. In halo 3...i believe the fastest you can pull the trigger is like 18 times a second (I think that's what it was), and you guys are using 28xsec in COD. So, this can make the rapidfire a universal type of thing....

Back to halo 3, if you use the regular rapidfire with the Assault Rifle, you get staggered shots and some bursts. And with my knowledge of the game and me not sucking in it, well...I can tell you that if two people start shooting at the same time (with AR's), and one of them rapidly presses the Right trigger while shooting, when it gets time to melee, the guy that was pulling the trigger will win due to a few more shots fired out of his gun. So, can you see why this would be helpful in games like halo 3....

basically, when you hold down the trigger, it starts shooting automatically...at a given rate (lets say...8-10 bullets a second). When you pull the trigger, you also shoot an extra bullet or two because you start the automatic fire again in the middle of the last automatic fire....so....it cuts down on the time your bullets are fired...

that is all I got to say on the subject...im watching a movie right now.

Go to http://:censored:.com

(dont betch at me cuz of the link... :( just go to it and sign up...)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal