Author Topic: it works now. thanks!! =D  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Thane

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
it works now. thanks!! =D
« on: August 11, 2008, 09:43:52 PM »
last night i took my psp apart to see the clearance for my amps for LED and speakers. but i was on the phone at the same time, i might be distracted. after confirming the cavities to place the circuitry, i put them back together. but when i turn it on, it has no reaction whatsoever.

i thought it might be the power switch problem so i hook it up to the adapter. i know, stupid me. the second i turn on the adapter, the orange 'charging' light lit up for just a glimpse, ad then it turns off. after that i cant do anything at all anymore.
i notice some current leaking on the metal parts of the psp (screen, metal shielding...) while i hook it up to the adapter.

i managed to jack it off, but i dont know if that few moment had done permanent damage to the mobo.

i hope the mobo isnt fried. just a fuse or something.
so, any suggestions?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 03:40:33 AM by Thane »

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: wont turn on after taking apart.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 11:38:34 PM »
well the orange light quick flash might mean that you're battery is in and it was fully charged already. i dont know whats up with your psp. maybe it blew up like the other dudes. sorry man. i'd take it apart again and make sure everything is plugged in right (the powerboard ribbon).

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 11:46:56 PM »
well the orange light quick flash might mean that you're battery is in and it was fully charged already. i dont know whats up with your psp. maybe it blew up like the other dudes. sorry man. i'd take it apart again and make sure everything is plugged in right (the powerboard ribbon).
A quick flash wouldn't mean that...usually even if the battery is fully charge the light will stay on for a minute or so. And yea I think firstly disassemble and reassemble slowly and carefully.

Offline Thane

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 01:45:52 AM »
thanks guys. i'll try reassembling them slowly.

one more thing, is it normal for the psp to have current leaks while the adapter is jacked? i noticed some current while i was touching the metal parts.
also, the charge light wont turn on anymore when i plug the adapter in.

***added
nope, no good. still no reaction. i think i screwed up pretty bad by plugging in the adapter earlier. i think something had burnt or something.
does the psp have any other fuse apart from the sound and backlight?. maybe i can bypass it if it has one. i googled around but failed to find the fuse placements.

***added again
IT WORKS!!! OMG!!! HAHAHA. DAMN IT FEEELS SOSOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:
I guess something was loose, a ribbon or something. and the battery was out too. totally drained and it cant even start.
thank god it works now. thanks guys!! i could've spent a fortune sending it to the shop to fix a 'nothing'.  :victory:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 03:36:32 AM by Thane »

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 09:00:36 PM »
thanks guys. i'll try reassembling them slowly.

one more thing, is it normal for the psp to have current leaks while the adapter is jacked? i noticed some current while i was touching the metal parts.
also, the charge light wont turn on anymore when i plug the adapter in.

***added
nope, no good. still no reaction. i think i screwed up pretty bad by plugging in the adapter earlier. i think something had burnt or something.
does the psp have any other fuse apart from the sound and backlight?. maybe i can bypass it if it has one. i googled around but failed to find the fuse placements.

***added again
IT WORKS!!! OMG!!! HAHAHA. DAMN IT FEEELS SOSOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:
I guess something was loose, a ribbon or something. and the battery was out too. totally drained and it cant even start.
thank god it works now. thanks guys!! i could've spent a fortune sending it to the shop to fix a 'nothing'.  :victory:

lol good to know  :tup: good luck with ur led mod

Offline Thane

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: it works now. thanks!! =D
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 04:13:21 PM »
though it works now, im still puzzled by that incident. :confused: how can it happen?. i mean, yea i was distracted while putting it back together, i dont even know what went wrong.
owh right, the led mod is done. but i ditched the one using the amp, just wired them straight to the speaker conectors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERY4cR-5az8
bought the multicore kaynar wire instead of a single core. had trouble soldering the contact points (especially to the 5V+ on the far left of the mobo. ergh) had to abandon the amp one. i know, my bad. haha.
but still, the lights are brighter in real life, but not too bright. just the way i want it.

next up, speaker mod. :victory:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal