Author Topic: speaker mod - fixed loud static n clicking sound  (Read 5630 times)

Offline Thane

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
speaker mod - fixed loud static n clicking sound
« on: August 16, 2008, 07:09:51 AM »
as per title, i used a Sony Ericsson MPS-70 speaker. after all have been soldered, the sound is fu:censored:g loud. man, i love this.

but it produces a loud static sound and the quality is somewhat deteriorated. and i soldered the - of the amp to the wifi switch to be able to turn it off, and good thing is it does. however, when i turn it off, it'll produce this clicking "tak tak tak tak tak tak" sound.

my friend told me that the speaker uses 3.6V, the same as psp's battery. so i soldered the + of the amp directly onto the battery port on the mobo.

i dont think there is anything wrong with the wiring, i just think maybe i need to add a capacitor or resistor somewhere somehow? any help much appreciated. pictures will follow. :victory:

***pictures added***

i cant find a solution for this one. :sadno:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 10:36:56 AM by Thane »

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
Re: speaker mod- loud static n clicking sound
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 07:48:15 AM »
Clicking is usually a short on a fuse or such.

Offline Thane

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 07:51:53 AM »
Clicking is usually a short on a fuse or such.
so that means if i turn it off, its still connected somewhere?. okay2 :yess: i think i got that. well actually no. what should i do now? :dntknw:
and, what about the static sound?. the quality is really bad, though loud.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 08:54:54 AM by Thane »

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 09:49:30 AM »
ahhhh i see you are useing the speaker audio out put that is your problem. use the headphone audio and you will need a switch on 3 and 4 to activate the headphone audio 1 is left audio 2 is right audio 3 is ground and 4 is detect pin i think  :victory:

Offline Thane

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 09:54:36 AM »
ahhhh i see you are useing the speaker audio out put that is your problem. use the headphone audio and you will need a switch on 3 and 4 to activate the headphone audio 1 is left audio 2 is right audio 3 is ground and 4 is detect pin i think  :victory:
mind elaborating about the switch?
man thanks a lot. i thought i'll never get any answer anymore. :hifive:

***yeah it works now!!! wooohoooO!!!!!!! :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 10:35:09 AM by Thane »

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 11:19:14 AM »
you only need to solder to one audio i think i dont know if you have a stero setup if so use both left and right audio. the switch is to tell the psp to send audio to the headphones not the normal speakers

Offline Thane

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: speaker mod - fixed loud static n clicking sound
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 02:02:19 PM »
at last, im done with it. and now is like.. 4.58am. haha. :laughing: i'll be leaving to my granma's in some 3-4 hours. man, so tired n stuff.
thanks folklord for the tip and guide. without you i don think i can make it. one thing though, its not as loud as i thought i was.
but its cool, plus i got stereo. :D but with that close setup, doubt i'll detect any difference.

the build quality is crude, well, considering it was just some 5 hours of unplanned work+problem. :yess:
when im back from my granma's i'll continue on the cosmetics of it.

sickk sound quality.

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 03:40:44 PM »
Nice stuff man. You did this faster than I expected lol. Hope the fitting ect... goes well. Oh and remember your promise about that mini tut  :tup:

Offline wetfusion

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +6/-5
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 08:54:46 PM »
told you b4 to solder to headphone  jack point hehe
sounds quality are much important then the loundness...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 08:58:23 PM by wetfusion »

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 10:20:16 PM »
pictures?

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 04:58:16 AM »
Good to hear you got this working thane! you should post a vid and some pics of it working so we can have a pop at it.  :tup:

Offline Thane

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 10:51:22 AM »
Nice stuff man. You did this faster than I expected lol. Hope the fitting ect... goes well. Oh and remember your promise about that mini tut  :tup:
lol. :laughing: you'll never forget now do you? ahaha.
cool, a promise is a promise. as soon as i get home from my aunt's place, i'll take it apart and post a tut of it. :yess: dont worry guys.
but until then i gotta do something with the cosmetics. fugly as hell. haha..

told you b4 to solder to headphone  jack point hehe
sounds quality are much important then the loundness...
T_T
duude, you've been shoving it up my face telling "I told u so since in ym n the other forum. cut it out okay.
T_T you're pissing me off. how should i know i was supposed to solder them to the headphone jack instead of the speaker points. no tutorial.

pictures?
will upload them asap. along with video. :yess: :victory:

Good to hear you got this working thane! you should post a vid and some pics of it working so we can have a pop at it.  :tup:
haha, im pretty surprised myself. thinking about how short a time it took. had to get ready and pack right after finishing it. T_T slept in the car. my mom told me i was literally snoring. haha. :laughing: :laughing:

***added video
my phone's video sucks. so does the sound quality. but nevertheless, the sound is freaking awesome. and as u can see, it cant shut properly eventhough the umd module was taken away. never knew the solenoid for the speakers' gonna be that big (that pretty much explains the great sound quality :victory:)
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzWDeXnIE5o]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 10:55:50 AM by Thane »

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 08:57:11 PM »
nice man. :tup: It looks good. But yea you'll needa figure out how to get the umd to shut. Can't you just cut away some of the stuff behind the umd(like behind where the umd reader was) away and then it will be all good?

Offline Thane

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 10:49:18 AM »
nice man. :tup: It looks good. But yea you'll needa figure out how to get the umd to shut. Can't you just cut away some of the stuff behind the umd(like behind where the umd reader was) away and then it will be all good?
nah, the solenoid is very thick. i dont think cutting some of the backplate will do a lot of good. though, i'll try doing so. :yess: and maybe i should make a custom cover for it.. but it'll take some time.. i guess.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal