Author Topic: Rapidfire Help.  (Read 13988 times)

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Rapidfire Help.
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2008, 08:19:08 AM »
yeah you have them by Friday

Thanks!  Also, can you tell me the difference between the 3 wire kit and the dual triggers kit?  I know both work on old and new controllers, but I can't figure out the difference.

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2008, 08:50:08 AM »
the 3 wire kit puts rapid fire on the buttons you install, so you press the buttons to shoot with rapid fire. the dual trigger kit makes teh buttons toggle rapidfire on and off the right and left triggers, so you press the button to turn rapid on and then you can shoot with the triggers like normal

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008, 09:14:37 AM »
Thank you, that cleared up everything.

So that means the 3 wire kit makes it possible to press rapidfire or regular fire whenever you want without switching, right?  It is just different buttons for the 2 different actions.  That is awesome!

Has anyone tested this with gears of war?  My friend and I have started playing through the co op story and are loving it!  This would add to the fun.

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2008, 09:42:00 AM »
yep you got it, the new buttons do the shooting, and there never on or off. im going to go test this in gears right now, well as soon as i put my controller back together. i put a bunch of leds in the buttons and stuff, so its really crowded in there :P

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2008, 09:43:30 AM »
yep you got it, the new buttons do the shooting, and there never on or off. im going to go test this in gears right now, well as soon as i put my controller back together. i put a bunch of leds in the buttons and stuff, so its really crowded in there :P

Can you take a picture so I can see?  I'm interested.  I will only be putting LEDs in the Xbox button of the controller.

EDIT: Also, did you do use the 3-wire kit?

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2008, 10:27:09 AM »
do you want pictures of the inside of my controller or when its all put together? i used sillynuts's 555timer method and it works fine, but im gong to be programming pics for rapidfire soon

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2008, 11:40:20 AM »
do you want pictures of the inside of my controller or when its all put together? i used sillynuts's 555timer method and it works fine, but im gong to be programming pics for rapidfire soon

How about both?  What is the difference from that method and the method I will be using?  What is the point of programming your own pics if you can buy them for barely anything?

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2008, 11:49:39 AM »
ok i will post pics soon. well buying them is great but if you are going to be doing lots of mods, like i will be doing, programming is cheaper in the long run. my friends all want rapid fire haha

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2008, 11:58:10 AM »
ok i will post pics soon. well buying them is great but if you are going to be doing lots of mods, like i will be doing, programming is cheaper in the long run. my friends all want rapid fire haha

Same here!  I am charging mine for parts though.  I am asking $15 for rapidfire because the kit is $10ish and the iron/solder/screwdriver added up to around $20.  So in the end it is around $15 each.  I might be making a dollar or two in there.  How much harder is programming?

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2008, 12:47:28 PM »
well you can either make a programmer for ablout 10 bucks or buy one from 25 dollars to hundreds of dollars. i guess it just depends on what you want to do

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2008, 03:25:37 PM »
What does a programmer do?

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2008, 05:30:21 PM »
you download winpic, a programming software, plug the programmer in, put a blank chip in the programmer, put the hex into the software click program and then you have a rapid fire chip

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2008, 05:32:32 PM »
you download winpic, a programming software, plug the programmer in, put a blank chip in the programmer, put the hex into the software click program and then you have a rapid fire chip

Hm, so what does the average cost of a chip cost if you made, lets say, 15 chips?

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2008, 06:35:11 PM »
Can someone help me over AIM, YIM, or MSN?  I am attempting to solder some new LEDs into the Xbox button on my controller.

They are blue 0603 LEDs.  I am following this tut:

LINK HERE!!

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2008, 06:34:41 AM »
you dont really even need a tut, ill tell you right now how to doit, i did it in 10 mins max, half of that waiting for glue to dry. get ur button and cut out some of the supports, but leave a plus in the middle so that the button still works, because thats where it hits the rubber thing. then take your leds, i used 4 red ones. then fill the button up with some hot glue and put your leds, facing the positive legs (the long ones) out and the negative ones in (short legs) then let the glue dry. then make a ring with one of the inside legs and solder all the other inside legs to it. also make sure the ring is completed (connect the end to the start) then connect a wire to the ring. put some more glue in and do the same thing to the long legs on the outside. also it is very important that  when you are done that the plus we made is the highest point because otherwise the button wont feel right. if you have any questions let me know :P

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2008, 09:13:14 AM »
you dont really even need a tut, ill tell you right now how to doit, i did it in 10 mins max, half of that waiting for glue to dry. get ur button and cut out some of the supports, but leave a plus in the middle so that the button still works, because thats where it hits the rubber thing. then take your leds, i used 4 red ones. then fill the button up with some hot glue and put your leds, facing the positive legs (the long ones) out and the negative ones in (short legs) then let the glue dry. then make a ring with one of the inside legs and solder all the other inside legs to it. also make sure the ring is completed (connect the end to the start) then connect a wire to the ring. put some more glue in and do the same thing to the long legs on the outside. also it is very important that  when you are done that the plus we made is the highest point because otherwise the button wont feel right. if you have any questions let me know :P

I think we are talking about different things.  I am talking about the Xbox button in the center of the controller.  Are you talking about the AXBY buttons?

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2008, 09:36:01 AM »
nah i was talking about the center guide button, but i could teach you how to do those too :P

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2008, 10:18:24 AM »
Great, I will probably be asking you about that.  Do you have any pictures of your AXBY buttons lit up?  I am curious to see how it actually looks.

About the Xbox guide button, I just swapped the LEDs surrounding it.  After looking at the physical button I understood what you were talking about.  I think that is the next step.  I want to get really good at swapping the ring LEDs first.  It still shocks me how small those things are.

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2008, 10:44:15 AM »

thats with a generic controller so it doesnt really look as good with a reg one. i put an on/off switch so you can shut the leds off if you want, because the guide button is really bright haha :P but yeah i can help just ask  :winker:

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2008, 06:48:33 PM »
Looks great.

Can someone tell me what the point of the second button is?  I have everything in front of me, I just don't know if I need the second button.  Please reply asap!

Thanks.

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2008, 07:07:25 PM »
Winterz, can you add me on AIM, MSN, or YIM?  I would like to chat with you next time you are on.

Offline hackeruk

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2008, 04:51:56 AM »
whats the dif between sleeper and normal rapid fire? :victory:

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2008, 06:22:28 AM »
my aim is turtlepirate20 anyone who needs help just add me and msg me saying ur from acidmods and ill help you.

^^^^
and the difference between sleeper rapid fire is that there is no button installed and you turn on rapif fire with the sync switch then shoot with the triggers. normal is you install a button instead of using the sync switch

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2008, 07:46:03 AM »
Alright, I added you.  Maybe I will catch you online sometime.

Offline hackeruk

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2008, 07:50:27 AM »
oh right awesome sounds gd i think i might do it that way see how i feel when me pic arrives.

also my friend just brought this kit off ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xbox-360-Dual-Button-Rapid-Fire-Controller-mod-kit-COD4_W0QQitemZ360083732078QQihZ023QQcategoryZ139969QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m183QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DCRX%26its%3DI%252BC%252BS%252BIA%26itu%3DUCC%252BUCI%252BLA%252BLM%252BUS-WP%252BSI%26otn%3D12%26ps%3D34) so if you would like me to get the code off the pic so you can check into it just tell me how to get the code off (i have a pic programmer of course lol) and i will gladly do it for you

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2008, 08:22:52 AM »
oh thats the kit from consolecustoms

i was looking at that before i found this site

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2008, 08:25:29 AM »
Winterz, can you get on AIM for a second?  I have a few questions.  If not it is cool.

Offline xxNINJA CLAWSxx

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2008, 11:33:07 PM »
Great, that doesn't sound hard now.  Do you know where I can get the correct bit?  I need it fast, so a local place would be great.  Or if someone has an extra on here, I can buy it from them.

i got mine at acehardware

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2008, 07:05:29 AM »
sry sean ill be on today

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2008, 07:51:36 AM »
Winterz, its cool.

I also bought the bit from Ace Hardware, but it doesn't fit in the deepest screws of the controller.  I remember someone telling me that, but I decided to try anyway.  I bought a screwdriver on ebay for $5 that is built amazingly.  I haven't had a single problem trying to get a screw out.  I wish I bought a few more.

On another note, I successfully completed the rapidfire mod!  My controller has the added button(which I am not a huge fan of).  I think I will be buying some different buttons after I go through all my tact switches.  I also have an LED swapped out.  Right now it is just player 2 switched to blue, but I ordered a handful of LEDs from Mike and will be installing them as they come.

Thanks for the help guys!!  I will probably still need more!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal