Author Topic: No mod PSP joystick  (Read 43022 times)

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
Re: No mod PSP joystick
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2008, 09:36:01 PM »
One connector uses the power from the prototype board to power the RS232 converter if you build it.

The other connector does not take power from the PSP to power the demo board yet. We have to
build a DC to DC converter to create 5 volts needed to power the USB devices like the keyboard
or gamepad from the PSP. So right now we have no connection on the power pin. That also makes
the jumper cables universal so they work in both sockets and you can not damage your PSP.

When the PSP cable is hooked up it brings the 2.5volt of a PSP 1000 or the 1.85volt of the PSP 2000
to our adapter box. I am working on a 4 pin module that will take digital ground and either of the PSP
powers and generate the 5 volts for the USB which our prototype board regulates to the 3.3 volt to run
the board.

I have over 100 pages of documentation already created that have to be put into tutorial form so that
it creates enough documentation that anyone can try their hand at interfacing usb hid devices to the
PSP.

To give you an idea, My driver for the Xbox 360 gamepad also drives the USB guitar that is out there.
Don't know if there is a game for the psp like guitar hero.

The unit is so easy to reflash that you can change the interface as many times as you want.

later

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • destined for the worst luck in modding
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2008, 10:37:04 PM »
Very nice gotta do this!

Offline Knightsofwar210

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Knightsofwar210site
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2008, 12:45:53 PM »
Hey how's it coming along? I'm still eagerly awaiting the keyboard driver!  :tup:

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2008, 10:04:04 AM »
I have it all documented and I will upload it this weekend.

I have been out of town with a sick relative all week and will return Saturday

Everything is ready and I also am writing the documentation for the Xbox gamepad
as I have it working now. I will do a POC video this weekend and it will create so much
interest I wanted to have the documentation done when I release it.

We are making progress on the driver for the xbox chatpad keyboard also.

Later

Offline Techni

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2008, 10:24:50 PM »
I don't suppose you could get this to output  to standard USB HID, so it could take say, an XBOX360 controller and let PS3 use it?

Offline Techni

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2008, 10:27:58 PM »
I will look into powering the psp on and off with a keystroke.

You can use any cable you want.

So the cable I listed will work instead of having to make one from scratch?

Offline Knightsofwar210

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Knightsofwar210site
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2008, 11:05:39 AM »
Hey hows the progress going?

Offline scorn4society

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2008, 09:26:27 PM »
Here's a little bit of a weird question. This one is a little difficult...  Can a smartphone with a keyboard be used for data entry with this device? I can't find any evidence that anyone has tried it, at least with a Blackberry (my phone), though technically it should be possible, as the usb port can be used for data transfer. Unless I am missing something, all that would be required would be an app (in the case of a BB, a java applet) that would transmit keystrokes or strings through the usb port, in either ascii or binary/hex..  Am I missing something here?  This could add a certain amount of portability to this concept.  Alternatively, using bluetooth or wifi to a dongle could work, but that would require a stack, whereas the usb connection should only require the java applet and the usb connection.. or is this another issue of host/slave usb mode again?

Thanks

Offline v M b

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2009, 09:04:46 AM »
Hey, this is really sweet and I'm seriously considering taking this on.  I want to do an external controller mod and this will make it a lot easier than opening up the PSP!

I think I'm going to do a mount for the controller/PSP that houses the board too.  I'm thinking about using the 360 wired controller.

Also, can you develop through the boards USB interface or do you need the converter box (or something else) to code drivers?

Good work on this, can't wait to get going!

Offline Knightsofwar210

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Knightsofwar210site
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2009, 08:31:12 AM »
Hey how has progress gone?

Offline v M b

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2009, 07:34:42 PM »
Well I got the board in today!  I've got the IDE setup and have been messin with the demos.  Cool stuff.  I've soldered the outputs from the board correctly (I think).  I did have a question though for making the serial to 4 pin cable.  I have my connections as follows (I have a PSP Phat btw):

4 Pin Connection 1 -- PSP Digital Ground (Pin 2) (Blue wire)
4 Pin Connection 2 -- PSP TX Data (Orange wire)
4 Pin Connection 3 -- PSP RX Data (Grey wire)
4 Pin Connection 4 -- ???  Is this the 2.5V pin? (Yellow wire)

I guess I was confused, It said to use both connection 1 and 4 for psp ground (pin 2).  Keep up the good work!

Offline abcminiuser

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2009, 12:28:14 AM »
I don't know what happened to the OP of this thread and his promised code, but you can direct all MyUSB (now LUFA) questions to my support group:
http://groups.google.com/group/myusb-support-list

In answer to some of the questions in this thread:

Can I interface class X device with the PSP?
The USB AVR microcontroller with my library can read many different standard USB classes. However, the PSP is not natively designed to communicate with them, which is why the OP uses custom software on the PSP. You can invent any serial protocol scheme you like for the USB->AVR communications, so long as the PSP software knows how to talk to the device correctly.

Can it be used to interface HID class device X with the PSP?
Yes. You can modify the MouseHostViaParser demo included with my library to interface any HID compliant device -- including the XBOX360 controller which I believe is HID -- to the PSP, assuming that your PSP has software on it which can interpret the data you send it from the device. There are two cavet that the USB device cannot consume more than a few mA when using the USBKEY, unless you beef up the VBUS power supply. Once you read in the data from the device, you're free to manipulate it in any way you choose before sending it via serial to the PSP.

How do I program it?
You use the USB cable and the Atmel FLIP software - no external box needed. The OP's box was to convert the serial communications port to the voltage levels the computer expects, but you don't need it unless you want to use the serial port for debugging.

- Dean

Offline MAG-123

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2009, 03:35:34 PM »
Great work man, I can't wait to see how this thing works when its done.

Offline enixidfrag

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2009, 01:17:36 PM »
OP I just sent you a PM I REALLY hope you get back to me.

Offline Knightsofwar210

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Knightsofwar210site
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2009, 09:25:45 AM »
Has he abandoned us?

Offline brianpspmod

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2009, 01:58:20 PM »
yup!  dont worry knights.  im smart.  i can help us all get this worked out.  i just cant come up with the money for all this stuff right now lol

Offline kizashi777

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2009, 11:12:28 PM »
First of all, WOW. Good job on all the work  :#1:
Recently, all I've when it comes to hardware mods were sound reactive/LED mods. They're nice, but not really practical unless you like to rave to it or something (seriously, what do you guys do with them? - in my high school, if I had that around with me, people would assume I'm gay, which is not true and not a problem if you are).

I'm curious though, since it's USB, would it be possible [as in, someone COULD code it, but it's not likely to happen] to use a USB wireless adapter? The reason is, 802.11B is slow. I think it's cool to be able to go on forums, download stuff, and go on FULL myspace in under 10 seconds.

Offline DrgnSlyr

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2009, 11:11:02 AM »
I'm waiting for the software mod part  :beg:, im complete idiot when it comes to that, can't do it alone.
Plz don't be dead on me.

Offline brianpspmod

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2009, 05:20:08 PM »
he's dead man, aint comin back.  I have picked up his mass storage mod and running with it. if i can figure it all out i can finish this one but it is a lot more in depth

Offline Techni

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2009, 11:48:05 AM »
Using one of those PSP remote connectors for the slim, could someone design a way so you could have a switch on it, so the cable could act as component output, composite output, mic input (this one optional) at the same time as this?

And did you get the code working for the joystick mapping to the PSP? I don't need the mass storage pa

H-Sauce: Could you please follow the rules! No bumping old topics!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 02:11:45 AM by H-Sauce »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal