Author Topic: my ps2 slim broke, no standby light...i need some help  (Read 2084 times)

Offline wtfisausername

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
my ps2 slim broke, no standby light...i need some help
« on: August 26, 2008, 08:31:12 PM »
Well, i tried turning it on one day n it didnt turn on, saw the standby light wasnt on. couldnt get it to light up n e way, i left it unplug for a while n took out the battery, for a day n it didnt make a difference... Anyway im...acually  im kinda lazy to explain what i did afterward since it shouldnt make a difference. I was on the net looking up mob picts and fuses all fuses were fine. I saw a chip diagram that used a Reset(?) soldering point. I was wondering if there was a way to turn on the PS2 slim without using the switch button. I'm starting to think the power switch/ribbon is dead im not sure why.
thanks

Offline Electricpulse

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: my ps2 slim broke, no standby light...i need some help
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 03:26:13 PM »
The reset soldering point might be the switch soldering point. Other than the button where you turn on the  ps2 to play a game, I dont think there is any other place.

Offline wtfisausername

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: my ps2 slim broke, no standby light...i need some help
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 03:33:25 PM »
yea it might be it seems to be on the other side of the socket. Well, i just bought a broken ps2 at ebay. they say it turns on so hopefully the mobo works 100%. guess i can't do much with this ps2 then...

thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal