Author Topic: stupid case  (Read 1329 times)

Offline john_da_gun

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
stupid case
« on: August 28, 2008, 04:01:00 PM »
i bought a psp clear case + buttons from this sit and i put it together to see what it looked like and tried to remove to put LEDs in it but it wont let me unscrew two of the screws and in trying to get them out i have now completly broke the top of the screw so the screw driver is unable to do anything is there anyway to remove it without breaking the case? coz i spent money on it and dont wanna have to break it if i am right then it is the case that is a fault wot can i do if i have to breake it out? do i have a chance of a new one?

Offline sethion

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: stupid case
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 04:07:34 PM »
Chances are you overtightened the screws which made it much harder to get them out then you wore down the head of the screw. So 90% its your fault that it happend but there is a chance there was some kind of defect in the case but highly unlikely in two places unless you got it from a dodgy site. If the case is you got it from a dodgy site they will use all their diversion tactics to make sure you dont get a refund. So all in all you prolly wont get you money back =(

Offline john_da_gun

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 04:12:13 PM »
Chances are you overtightened the screws which made it much harder to get them out then you wore down the head of the screw. So 90% its your fault that it happend but there is a chance there was some kind of defect in the case but highly unlikely in two places unless you got it from a dodgy site. If the case is you got it from a dodgy site they will use all their diversion tactics to make sure you dont get a refund. So all in all you prolly wont get you money back =(

if i did them up completly i wud agree but i didnt i only turned the 3 or 4 times just enough to hold so i could see what it looked like and i had alot of trouble with the others aswell the site i got it from was coolmods
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 04:13:53 PM by john_da_gun »

Offline john_da_gun

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 04:48:03 PM »
any one???????????????????

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 04:50:10 PM »
DONT DOUBLE POST!!

But its probly ur screw driver. You can use a smalllll drill bit and drill of the head of the screw

Offline sethion

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 05:01:37 PM »
Well ye cool mods generally give high quality cases so chances are there was some defect, but as junbo said if you dont want to waste the case get a drill and grind off the head of the screw. That may be hard as the screw lay so low to the body but atleast if it is held up the case you can take pics of any defects you may find afterwards. You can also buy a whole set of new screws too for like $5 so its not that big of a loss .

Offline john_da_gun

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 06:47:19 PM »
Well ye cool mods generally give high quality cases so chances are there was some defect, but as junbo said if you dont want to waste the case get a drill and grind off the head of the screw. That may be hard as the screw lay so low to the body but atleast if it is held up the case you can take pics of any defects you may find afterwards. You can also buy a whole set of new screws too for like $5 so its not that big of a loss .

i no they do but i fink i am just that one unlucky person
how would i drill it off? the screw is in the whole not the bit the battery goes in

Offline wtfisausername

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 09:59:59 PM »
use a small drill bit that it will fit in and drill it out, i got a slim with a stripped screw and i tried drilling it but it seemed tough so i reversed the drill and the screw came out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal