Author Topic: SecuROM, DRM issues; your thoughts?  (Read 932 times)

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Überm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet
SecuROM, DRM issues; your thoughts?
« on: September 17, 2008, 11:21:32 AM »
as we all know...spore has had loads of negativity for its DRM issues (http://www.amazon.com/Spore-Mac/dp/B000FKBCX4/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1221675364&sr=8-1)

and unfortunately, at least for me, the new game Crysis: Warhead, which i have been looking forward to about 2/5ths as much as i was for MGS4 (which, needless to say, is still a lot; i've been googling and calling every game retailer in the tri-county area) has the same issues, (from EA)
SecuRom essentially will not let the game run if you have more than one disk drive, or if you have an image too; i have neither,

also a limit of 3 installs is added.
needless to say, that makes me very unhappy; however, i dont reinstall my OS often or use image tools...and i intend to install the game once, so

should i be worried? I essentially shouldn't be afraid considering i do none of the things that these 'protections' stop
also: ea, with the response to spore, removed some limits, and i expect the same, as warhead is getting the same treatment on amazon,

i guess i'm trying to convince myself that installing this in spite of the SecuRom and drm (which.. i shouldnt have issues with) is okay,
but i think im trying to justify my logic with other's opinions:

so, am i in the clear?

and while we're at it, what do you think about EA's methods with spore and the new DRM?
thoughts, comments, anything
i'd like to know what our community thinks about it

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
Re: SecuROM, DRM issues; your thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 02:43:29 PM »
well personally i will not install knowingly any of these games that use that system as i have 3 windows pc's and a 2 macs that i use regularly so try to put my games on each one and with windows i regularly reinstall it (a few times a year) so although i would love to pla spore i dont think i will bother. I hate drm

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal