Author Topic: ipod nano screen replacement problems  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
ipod nano screen replacement problems
« on: September 24, 2008, 04:51:28 PM »
so my nano screen cracked and i got a new screen to put in. i did everything right (i think...) but all i can see on the screen is a line down the middle :dntknw: can anyone tell me what i did wrong? everything looks like it did before i took it apart

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: ipod nano screen replacement problems
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 02:50:57 PM »
so my nano screen cracked and i got a new screen to put in. i did everything right (i think...) but all i can see on the screen is a line down the middle :dntknw: can anyone tell me what i did wrong? everything looks like it did before i took it apart
Okay so I'll assume the screen is on when you can see the line. Was the screen brand new? Where'd you get it from? The screen might have been defective when you first got it, so it might already be broken. Good luck.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 07:58:56 AM »
the screen is from another broken nano, the kid said he dropped it and it stopped working, i figured he broke something on the mobo because the computer doesnt recognize it anymore, but idk do i need to format the whole device or something?

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 09:06:17 PM »
If your screen has a line down the middle, then no, it would be a hardware problem, shouldn't be software. And since you said it's from someone who dropped his nano, he could've broken his screen in the process.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 04:04:38 AM »
yeah thats what i figured it was when it did that because now they both have a line on it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal