Author Topic: Question for all modders!!  (Read 1476 times)

Offline PSPpanda

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modding is an ADDICTION
Question for all modders!!
« on: September 25, 2008, 04:34:07 PM »
I am new to the PSP hardmodding scene and i need to get some answers.

I am planning on doing some LED mods but i don't know if i use use the sound board for the mod or direct contact.

Also, i want to have a small switch to turn the LEDs on and off. I have heard of people using dip switches and i wnted to know if there is some tutorial or someone who could help me with that?

Also, does someone make premade UMD bACKS WITH JEWELS pre installed?

Help me plz! :beg:

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
Re: Question for all modders!!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 04:54:37 AM »
I am new to the PSP hardmodding scene and i need to get some answers.

I am planning on doing some LED mods but i don't know if i use use the sound board for the mod or direct contact.

Also, i want to have a small switch to turn the LEDs on and off. I have heard of people using dip switches and i wnted to know if there is some tutorial or someone who could help me with that?

Also, does someone make premade UMD bACKS WITH JEWELS pre installed?

Help me plz! :beg:

Hello PSPpanda, Well then, using a soundboard or a direct connection really depends on your modding skills. a soundboard would be better as you can wire it to the wifi or the hold swich to turn them off, but a direct mod would be easier to start with. Alien_X is going to post a way of setting up a sound led mod using a direct method, but using the wifi as a swich rather than adding a dip. i'm sure there will be detail explaining how to wire this up. (i'm not sure myself).

If your looking for a umd door with a jewel already installed, then you should ask in the action section of acidmods. i'm sure someone there would be happy to makeone for you, if not, Coolmods.co.uk are selling them, but the jewel is blank.

Hope that was helpful.

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 05:09:27 AM »
Aphex, basically To do it you have to isolate pin 2 from the ground plane it is in (well I am assuming it is a ground plane for many reasons). You then have to connect pin 1  (from the nearby 0402 capacitor, or the pin depending on how you want the switch to function) to either the plane you just disconnected pin 2 from or ground. Then you can wire the mod into pin 2 and pin 3, since when you flick it up it opens and closes the connections. You can also make it act as a 2 way switch.
This may be a little too complex for some people.
I think that an image will explain this better so wait my friends.

lol, indeed. i didn't have a full understanding on how this worked hence why i refered to your idea. if this is a harder mod to proform then for the PSPpanda, i would recommend starting with a soundboard. but wait for alien_X'x pictures, heck, i could do with learning this. :)

Offline PSPpanda

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 08:22:57 AM »
thanks for all of this help :tup:

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • OH NO MY CHITTY CHICKEN, NOO NOT MY CHITTY BEEF
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 04:17:18 PM »
yes dip switches work fine..
umm if i giot what u where sayin i think ur talkin bout the sound reactive(glanced thro the text)
umm teh chip is more complex but i found easy, but its not as bright as the direct contact..
i have found a way to make SUPER bhright.

so bright it will desolder the leds so yea i need to step it back a bit with a resist
so i like the direct contact led sound reactive leds...

Offline PSPpanda

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 04:46:41 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal