Author Topic: WIFI help  (Read 2095 times)

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
WIFI help
« on: September 30, 2008, 08:58:44 PM »
hi I have a strange problem.

When I use my wifi for a while, the whole back left part of my psp heats up really bad. It has to be the wifi/ memory board because its the only thing back there. When I pop ou my memory card, it is also really hot so I know its the whole board that's shutting off. It gets so hot that the wifi shuts itself off and the psp freezes up and eventually shuts itself off.

It only seems to happen when I use my wifi for an extended time like more than 20mins or so. Also it seems to happen more when alot of data is being moved like in multiplayer games.

If anyone knows what's wrong can you please help! It happened to me twice today when I was playing medal of honor. It really gets on my nerves so please help.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
Re: WIFI help
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 10:50:12 PM »
Mine gets warm also, but not to that extent that it shuts down.

I use my wifi with a new version of nethost that allows me to
play games from a remote hard drive wirelessly.

I would recommend swapping the wifi board into another PSP and see
if the problem follows it.

If it does then just replace it. There are many for sale in the swap
meet part of this board

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 07:01:13 AM »
I don't have another psp to test it in. But how much do those new wifi board seem to cost? Also dosent it have to match the mobo I have?

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 07:02:56 AM »
What mobo do you have?

Offline Knightsofwar210

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Knightsofwar210site
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 12:21:30 PM »
I've had that happen to before too but it only happens after almost 2 or 1 and a half hours of the wifi being on.

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 03:53:31 PM »
I think I have the ta-79 I think it is. I'll check again when I get the chance. And it happens really quick to my psp. Like I said after about 20-30 mind of hard gaming. All seems fine when I'm just browsing the Internet though.

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 06:44:08 PM »
i can sell u one for 20 + shipping its TA-79
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline FreeBird2k

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 10:58:27 AM »
First of all, I like to say great work gr8npwrfl!!! :#1:  also other members here who do some psp projects! :tup:

ok i have question, I'm trying to do simalar project like the PSP wifi mass storage that gr8nperfl showed on video.

I have:
-iRshell on my Red PSP slim
-Apple Airport Extreme with USB
-4GB USB Jump drive plugged in Airport Extreme.
(if you must know what jump drive is, its SanDisk Cruzer 4GB Titanium) Formated FAT32.

The Airport Extreme Basestation is not connected to internet at all, just the 4gb USB jump drive that plugged in the basestation.

My PC can see the 4GB thru basestation thru wireless. I tried using PSP iRshell using nethost and failed to connect.

The basestation is set to support 802.11b, the wifi security is off(no wep or wpa), the USB mass storage setting in basestation required password cant leave blank. 

I've put IP in iRshell that basestation DHCP provide IP ex: 10.0.1.3(there are no other wifi devices connected to this basestation except my PC) I have Linksys WRT53GS Router that connects to internet. also I put iRshell nethost password same as basestation mass storage password, no go  :dntknw:

I feel it's either I miss something or just wont work at all.

Anyone tried this psp nethost to Airport Extreme project?

Thanks
FreeBird2k

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 12:11:20 AM »
First of all, I like to say great work gr8npwrfl!!! :#1:  also other members here who do some psp projects! :tup:

ok i have question, I'm trying to do simalar project like the PSP wifi mass storage that gr8nperfl showed on video.

I have:
-iRshell on my Red PSP slim
-Apple Airport Extreme with USB
-4GB USB Jump drive plugged in Airport Extreme.
(if you must know what jump drive is, its SanDisk Cruzer 4GB Titanium) Formated FAT32.

The Airport Extreme Basestation is not connected to internet at all, just the 4gb USB jump drive that plugged in the basestation.

My PC can see the 4GB thru basestation thru wireless. I tried using PSP iRshell using nethost and failed to connect.

The basestation is set to support 802.11b, the wifi security is off(no wep or wpa), the USB mass storage setting in basestation required password cant leave blank. 

I've put IP in iRshell that basestation DHCP provide IP ex: 10.0.1.3(there are no other wifi devices connected to this basestation except my PC) I have Linksys WRT53GS Router that connects to internet. also I put iRshell nethost password same as basestation mass storage password, no go  :dntknw:

I feel it's either I miss something or just wont work at all.

Anyone tried this psp nethost to Airport Extreme project?

Thanks
FreeBird2k

This has little to no relevance to the thread topic. Plus you also bumped an old thread. Just start a new thread if you really need to share this information.

Offline FreeBird2k

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 09:39:30 AM »
oh ok thanks, I'll create new thread on that.

sorry for improper thread about this info.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal