Author Topic: Modding a GameCube  (Read 4578 times)

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Modding a GameCube
« on: October 06, 2008, 07:32:25 PM »
Alright, so I got a gamecube. I really don't know what to do with it, since I got a wii, so I have decided to mod it. I was thinking of replacing the led on the front that tells you it's on, plus adding a few leds to the side fans. Anybody got any tips/hints/suggestions?

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Chi-kitory

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Nes Warlord
    • Emuwizards
Re: Modding a GameCube
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 02:57:07 PM »
Alright, so I got a gamecube. I really don't know what to do with it, since I got a wii, so I have decided to mod it. I was thinking of replacing the led on the front that tells you it's on, plus adding a few leds to the side fans. Anybody got any tips/hints/suggestions?

Remake a case? maybe repaint it!

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 05:55:39 PM »
O_O I don't think I can paint it to save my life. Perhaps some painting tutorials, please? :help:

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 06:37:18 PM »
Try looking over in the Painting and Airbrushing board, we may have some user tuts there, or just go ask some questions.
As for my gamecube...hahahaha. First I was painting it gold, but then I'm like "ah screw it" and I gutted it, and I'm modding it into a wii case. Completely internal, with the disk slot toploading (like, the disk sits on the top of the case). I need more wire and the Radioshack near me doesn't have 30awg, so I can't do anything else (Just gotta extend the disk slot ribbon cable and connect the boards together I think).

Hopefully that give you some ideas XD

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 02:41:46 PM »
Try looking over in the Painting and Airbrushing board, we may have some user tuts there, or just go ask some questions.
As for my gamecube...hahahaha. First I was painting it gold, but then I'm like "ah screw it" and I gutted it, and I'm modding it into a wii case. Completely internal, with the disk slot toploading (like, the disk sits on the top of the case). I need more wire and the Radioshack near me doesn't have 30awg, so I can't do anything else (Just gotta extend the disk slot ribbon cable and connect the boards together I think).

That's flipping awesome! I want some pics when you're done. :p

Anyway, I'm a noob at modding, and I want my gamecube to still function after I'm done modding it, so yeah I've decided to

1. do like, 5 leds + led swap of the power led and stick 'em all in the fan holes and stuff
2. dremel a little hole in the top of the gamecube and use some sort of switch to turn things on and off
3. do some sort of paintjob

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 02:21:06 AM »

Good luck.
Hope it still works when you are done.
Just kidding, sounds cool.

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 08:42:14 PM »
Good luck.
Hope it still works when you are done.
Just kidding, sounds cool.
Sorry for the bump but,

Yeah, I hope it works too XD
I'm pretty much done except I have no wire...I'm going to Radioshack tomorrow so hopefully they'll have some this time.
By out, I mean OUT. NOTHING. So I'm screwed lol.

Hey bustinthejustin, you start working on yours yet?

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 09:23:41 PM »
Sorry for the bump but,

Yeah, I hope it works too XD
I'm pretty much done except I have no wire...I'm going to Radioshack tomorrow so hopefully they'll have some this time.
By out, I mean OUT. NOTHING. So I'm screwed lol.

Hey bustinthejustin, you start working on yours yet?

Lol I wish... The gamecube is actually my bro's and he says he won't let me mod it. Oh well, I picked up a ps1 for 15 bucks so I'm gonna mod that.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 10:26:00 AM »
Lol I wish... The gamecube is actually my bro's and he says he won't let me mod it. Oh well, I picked up a ps1 for 15 bucks so I'm gonna mod that.
Lol cool, what are you going to do to it?

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 01:30:00 PM »
Meh probably some sort of paintjob/led change... by the way, it's interesting how in that thread in the psp section we're pissed off at each other and in this thread we're like friends... Anyway like i said, sorry... Been stressed out for the last little while.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 01:43:48 PM »
It's fine.
Good luck on your mods, and post whatever you do!

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 02:06:20 PM »
Yeah thanks. Hey how would you go about spray painting in the winter? My dad says he won't let me spray paint indoors even if it's well ventilated... I'm thinking as long as it's within the temperature limits on the spray paint can it's okay, right?

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 03:12:06 PM »
Don't do it in the winter, it's much too humid out generally. At least, that's what I've seen.
Do _NOT_ spraypaint indoors. I had spraypainted one time right underneath a skylight that was completely open, I still ended up high for the next few hours.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 08:58:55 PM »
O_O So I suppose it's "spray outside when it's still 10 degrees celcius out or wait 5 months" huh?

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 06:49:48 PM »
O_O So I suppose it's "spray outside when it's still 10 degrees celcius out or wait 5 months" huh?
Yeah, pretty much. You might want to have a backup shell in case it comes out really bad.
And yeah...indoor spraypainting is bad. So don't try it. :censored: like that is the worst, it kills the most brain cells and does the most damage.

You've been warned. XD

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 08:08:11 PM »
Cool thanks. Oh well I only spent 15 bucks on this thing so if I mess up the paint job I'll just sell it to a buddy or something for like 10 bucks and go buy another one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal