Author Topic: I Want...  (Read 926 times)

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
I Want...
« on: October 13, 2008, 06:20:04 PM »
But cant afford

i really want these parts for a computer i want to make and then some watercooling stuff on top of it but alas i cant afford it at the moment been a student and all. how can i go about making some money

i would then see what the temps were like and try overclocking it. maybe see the feezability of doing a liquid nitrogen project with it but that would be another big chunk of change. so now the saving beggins
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 06:23:21 PM by Mactastic Mendez »

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline RikusHaven

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Draciel
Re: I Want...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 06:50:20 PM »
Be a con artist and steal.... In all seriousness, their is no easy way of making money, well not that I know of. Your best bet, is to sell stuff and find bargains. I know that must be awful, but unless you can make 3,500, maybe more because of shipment and such. That's newegg right? I would recommend just buying the essentials and then building from there, sure it will be tedious, but it is better than coughing up 3,500 all at once.

I myself have spent around 900 USD into my computer, not including the price of my monitor. While it is not the best gaming PC, it does what I want it to do and at the moment I'm doing a trade for PC parts and bought a new mobo, so I've spent roughly 1,300USD Maybe more, but I rather spent a bit here and there and work up to my dream computer and in the process any spare parts go into this old computer that runs XP okay, but with these extra parts coming of my PC, I might be able to give it a decent upgrade.

You should just work on what you really need and build from there, for me it has been great, while I wont spend 3,500USD for a computer in parts, I will spend bit by bit. The only way for you to go about making some money is the simple go find a job, unless your underage or something or are too lazy. I myself do not work, but I make various deals and offer services to my friends, family and their friends. Usually, I have 200USD by the end of a month, but then again what I do could be considered sort of a job >.>... Honestly,  3,500 is a lot and while I may not be the best one to give information on processors, I would recommend you get a Dual Core to overclock if you are doing this for gaming, save your money until Quad Cores are supported more generally in gaming, that way you can overclock a better Quad Core, if memory serves right someone said that when Dual Cores came out people spend money on them and weren't good in gaming and spent a lot and now for a fraction of what they spent they have better overclocked Dual Cores, so go with that, unless you desperately need Quad Cores, I do because I spent a lot of time encoding and such, even though a nicely OCed Dual Core will beat me in most or all benchmarks.

Anyways, hope someone provides better support for how to make money or how to afford all of this.
-Motherboard: EVGA 750i SLI FTW ATX
-Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz
-Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 260 Core 216
-Memory(RAM): G.SKILL 4GB (2x2GB)
-Power Supply: Corsair TX750W -Tower Case: Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower -Operating System: Windows Vista 64-bit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal