Poll

Next President of 2008

McCain
4 (18.2%)
Obama
18 (81.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: November 05, 2008, 07:29:58 PM

Author Topic: Decision 2008  (Read 2528 times)

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
Decision 2008
« on: November 04, 2008, 07:29:58 PM »
OK guys i was waiting for someone to put this up but i haven't seen anything so how about an AM mock election?
Btw i am publicly announcing my endorsement for McCain-Palin lol.
Poll lasts one day

Well it looks as if Obama is the new president of the United States
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27539428/
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 08:08:09 PM by Ch4rL13 »

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
Re: Decision 2008
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 07:46:27 PM »
I voted republican

Reasoning behind it is the Obama Tax plan is likely to put my family's business under, which in turn is tied into my parent's house mortgage.  Basically I could lose my house because Obama wants to spread around my family's business non-existent wealth...

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 07:54:31 PM »
I voted republican

Reasoning behind it is the Obama Tax plan is likely to put my family's business under, which in turn is tied into my parent's house mortgage.  Basically I could lose my house because Obama wants to spread around my family's business non-existent wealth...
agreed

« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 08:05:21 PM by Ch4rL13 »

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Überm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 08:38:15 PM »
my candidate, barack obama, is now the 44th president of the united states of america

major props to mccain for the fight, but needless to say i'm very excited

i'm typiung this while its 333 to 156 or so, and needless to say, its a very exciting election considering the whole 'race' thing
a large, large step forward
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 08:40:32 PM by noah03ark »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 08:51:00 PM »
Yes. I, to be honest, don't follow elections much. I don't really care who becomes president because, well, it doesn't matter. I'm 15, who cares.
BUT, my point of view on this whole Obama shebang... To be blunt, the country isn't ready for an African American president. There's too many racist people out there. His safety is in danger, if you catch my drift.
McCain? He'd just kick the bucket mid-term.

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 08:58:16 PM »
Yes. I, to be honest, don't follow elections much. I don't really care who becomes president because, well, it doesn't matter. I'm 15, who cares.
BUT, my point of view on this whole Obama shebang... To be blunt, the country isn't ready for an African American president. There's too many racist people out there. His safety is in danger, if you catch my drift.
McCain? He'd just kick the bucket mid-term.

heh yea, very true
i believe mccain would have been the better choice but lets see if we can give obama a chance

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 09:20:23 PM »
we've 'given' a majority of mccain's policies a chance for 8 years and it landed us in the crapper (and allen greenspan just goes 'whoops')

mccain is old.
he's had face cancer.
a lot.

so the idea he might kick it was plausible, and that left palin who is nowhere near being qualified (2.2 high school GPA, 861 SATs combined, and a major in sports journalism; i'd prefer someone who at least opened a law text book)

the people have spoken. and this is big, 1st african american president, and i think we are ready, in fact, its about time for a major shift

welcome to the new world.....beginning in a few months

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 09:40:20 PM »
we've 'given' a majority of mccain's policies a chance for 8 years and it landed us in the crapper (and allen greenspan just goes 'whoops')

mccain is old.
he's had face cancer.
a lot.

so the idea he might kick it was plausible, and that left palin who is nowhere near being qualified (2.2 high school GPA, 861 SATs combined, and a major in sports journalism; i'd prefer someone who at least opened a law text book)

the people have spoken. and this is big, 1st african american president, and i think we are ready, in fact, its about time for a major shift

welcome to the new world.....beginning in a few months

*facepalm*

Offline tmandt

• Club AM VIP
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • o.O tOny! JDMKID
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 10:30:30 PM »
i really do hope obama gets assinated. im sorry but the majority of african americans voted for him because they think hes black. no hes not black he is Indonesian just like tiger woods. say what you say to me but i vote for mccain and so does my dad <3

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 03:36:00 AM »
*facepalm*

i know, thats how the wallstreet investors were when all this stuff happened, the notion that the market regulates itself is silly becuase of the human element (greed)

i really do hope obama gets assinated. im sorry but the majority of african americans voted for him because they think hes black. no hes not black he is Indonesian just like tiger woods. say what you say to me but i vote for mccain and so does my dad <3

are you f**king serious? that is THE worst thing you can hope for about a president elect

fact check: his mother is from america, his father is kenyan, that makes him african american, not indonesian, so please know your facts
,firstly (just like that lady 'i..i cant trust em...he..hes an arab' and even john mccain said 'no m'am' becuase #1 he's not #2 theres nothing wrong with being an arab, its simply another ethnicity)

but saying that about the future president is inappropriate, especially when you put it in terms that are very racist

topic locked-
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 03:54:27 AM by noah03ark »

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 04:48:16 AM »
that is why someone didn't make a thread about it Ch4rL13 because they knew that it would end up with someone making a comment like that sam reason why religion topics are not made because someone always make a dumb ass comment that ruins an intellectual discussion

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 04:53:46 AM »
Im glad Obama won the election I just wish is had been two African Americans running so we can get past the race factor and focus on the issues. In the news I see less and less about his campaign goals and more about "First in Americas History" the fact remains we needed a president who is looking out for the middle class as over the past 8 years we have had the shaft... example    Minimum wage increase - employers pay more to lower class - Employers raise the cost of goods - Middle class goes no where but pays more - Employers are the rich. So looking at that both the rich and the poor balance out as employers are not required to increase the wages of the middle class.

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 05:41:39 AM »
Im glad Obama won the election I just wish is had been two African Americans running so we can get past the race factor and focus on the issues. In the news I see less and less about his campaign goals and more about "First in Americas History" the fact remains we needed a president who is looking out for the middle class as over the past 8 years we have had the shaft... example    Minimum wage increase - employers pay more to lower class - Employers raise the cost of goods - Middle class goes no where but pays more - Employers are the rich. So looking at that both the rich and the poor balance out as employers are not required to increase the wages of the middle class.

But on that same note, the small businesses get the shaft as well.  My family is middle class so not only do we pay more for supplies but we also have to pay our employees more, (we only have 6 people) which raises our overhead in two instances...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal