Author Topic: PSP direct connect sound reactive led problems  (Read 1492 times)

Offline KEIJOIRMELI

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
PSP direct connect sound reactive led problems
« on: November 28, 2008, 01:47:01 PM »
so i did just simple, direct sound reactive blue leds to my speaker holes. i soldered em to the speaker tin spots as in the tutorial here at AM, but my leds are only on or off. on when psp on, headphones in turn them off, theres not blink at all. on or off.

sum wires were soldered to speaker wires instead of tin spots, does it matter, i dont think so?

so wheres the problem..?

Offline joecrack57

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: PSP direct connect sound reactive led problems
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 04:02:00 PM »
so i did just simple, direct sound reactive blue leds to my speaker holes. i soldered em to the speaker tin spots as in the tutorial here at AM, but my leds are only on or off. on when psp on, headphones in turn them off, theres not blink at all. on or off.

sum wires were soldered to speaker wires instead of tin spots, does it matter, i dont think so?

so wheres the problem..?
:fear: :confused: wat are you trying to say? you mean u did the sound mod direct but the leds aren't on when u have the headphones in? if so they are so suppose to be like that cus once u put the headphones there is no more sound going through the speakers so the leds will be off. the sound will be going to the head phones. and if u do direct u can't turn the leds. i don't know if that is wat u ment.

Offline KEIJOIRMELI

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 08:40:57 AM »
Sorry, i explained bit odd.

so my leds are like usual direct connect leds, but theres no difference are you playing a song or just sitting on xmb.

problem is: THEY ARENT SOUND REACTIVE.

so they just wont blink. and when headphones are in, they are off and i know thats as it should be.

so, why they are just on without reacting to sound..?

i soldered the + and - wires to speaker + and - spots.

i hope this is explained better. 

Offline joecrack57

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 07:02:07 PM »
that explained it better. the only thing i can say is that u make sure that the pos from leds are connected to pos of speaker and the neg to neg. if that doesn't work change to the other speaker to see is the leds react with that speaker. if that doesn't work just reply and let us know. hope it helps.

Offline KEIJOIRMELI

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 10:22:31 AM »
problem fixed, i always have volume like 2-10 bars (quite low) so i didnt just notice the difference. today i just maxed the volume and they worked perfect. I really feel like noob  : :laughing:

but FIXED , thanks for help though.

Offline joecrack57

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 12:42:15 PM »
problem fixed, i always have volume like 2-10 bars (quite low) so i didnt just notice the difference. today i just maxed the volume and they worked perfect. I really feel like noob  : :laughing:

but FIXED , thanks for help though.
dam, wasn't that something :rofl: glad nothing was wrong though.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 01:32:12 PM »
Happens to us all :D

that explained it better. the only thing i can say is that u make sure that the pos from leds are connected to pos of speaker and the neg to neg. if that doesn't work change to the other speaker to see is the leds react with that speaker. if that doesn't work just reply and let us know. hope it helps.

Also the leds wouldn't light if they where on the wrong thing...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal