Author Topic: adjustable 555 rapid fire on trigger radio shack brand  (Read 121423 times)

Offline tuck

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: adjustable 555 rapid fire on trigger radio shack brand
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2009, 09:36:42 PM »
no prob glad to help hopefully soon i will get time to get a pic to try that out to see the difference between the two

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2009, 02:14:42 PM »
does this work on COD 5, and does it have to be a lower speed?
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

omni420916

« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2009, 09:20:22 PM »
im having some problems,, ive set it all up everything works perfect on cod4, but if i play cod5,  its auto shooting, but at normal speed,  when i adjust the pot for cod5  it seems like no matter which way i turn it, it stays same speed unless i turn it up all the way then i cant fire..  anyone know what the problem is?

Offline tuck

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2009, 09:50:46 PM »
yes it works for cod 5 and omni it sounds like you might have some solder touching some were or a some wires but i could be wrong

omni420916

« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2009, 11:21:29 PM »
   see on the instructions it gives,  7 and 9 both use the base pin?  what about the collector on teh transistor?  is it left untouched?

7) run a new wire from the switch to a 1k res and into the base pin of the npn transistor
8) solder te collector of the transistor to the middle trigger pin
9) solder the base to the bottom trigger pin.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2009, 04:17:09 AM »
you did catch a typo on my part there. I have corrected the wording.. the diagram is and allways has been correct.

7)switch to base
8) collector to middle pin
9) emitter to bottom pin

now as for your problem of it working in one game and not in the other, and this auto fire you speak of, dosnt make any since. there is no diference between the games to make this happen, it is a problem with your soldering. the fact that it worked fine in cod4 and auto fires in cod5 is unheard of. you must have something loose bouncing around inside the controller..please check all conections

omni420916

« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2009, 11:07:15 AM »
thanks for replying matt,,  yea i know its weird,   i can adjust the pot  fine for cod4,  it just dosent do anything for cod5  just auto shoot at normal speed...  imma tear my controler apart n check it out when i get home,

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2009, 12:04:17 PM »
I personally have not tested this in WAW I will hopefully get to it this weekend with the rest of the install pics. I have been told by a few people it works and also been told it dont.. the biggest thing about your situation is the auto fire deal.. that should not happen regardless of what game it is, and if it does happen, it should happen for all games. it kindof sounds like you have a bad, or wrong transistor.

edit:
not to blow my own horn or anything, but I have not seen a better 555 mod anywhere. but this is also obsolete when you get ready to move into programed chips, that will work for any game, I have made it fairly simple look at this:
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=29999.0
that has been consuming alot of my free time.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 12:21:02 PM by modded matt »

omni420916

« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2009, 12:07:32 PM »
yea got it working, my problem was  the transistor, i had the emitter and collector reversed, but yea everything works good, thanks for the tut 

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2009, 12:11:27 PM »
kicks mentioned on the first page that he did it with out a transistor. kicks if you can please show me how you wired it, or how you did it, i would be very grateful.
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

omni420916

« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2009, 12:52:12 PM »
is gears of war 2 and left 4 dead the same settings as cod 5 or cod4? im getting tired of adjusting and just wanted to know which other games work with cod5 set up

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2009, 04:47:33 AM »
kicks mentioned on the first page that he did it with out a transistor. kicks if you can please show me how you wired it, or how you did it, i would be very grateful.

kicks left out the transistor, and put rapid on a button, not the triggers, if you conect pin three directly to the center pin, it will cause an auto fire, so put a momentary push button in to control it.

is gears of war 2 and left 4 dead the same settings as cod 5 or cod4? im getting tired of adjusting and just wanted to know which other games work with cod5 set up

I have never played gears of war...left for dead is a little trickey, any mode will work, the faster the better, but it only works with duel pistols. this is in the games programing. as for the cod 5 mode. halo is the closest to that speed. put a small mark where you need it for each of the games you want, so you just line up the marks and bam.

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2009, 05:30:13 AM »
so would the auto fire shot faster than the triggers regularly, or just act as another trigger?
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2009, 06:48:40 AM »
no it just act as another trigger, you still have the pot to adjust fire rates

Offline tuck

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #164 on: April 18, 2009, 07:44:10 AM »
this works on all games and is the best 555 timer mod congrats matt toot away.i think alot of you should read all all posts most of your ?'s will be answered.like the emitter ?,does it work on cod waw,matrix and cg etc... and the way matt has it setup there is no reason to try to add or take away any parts it works perfect the way it is.also this is not a pic so you are going to have to adjust it for differ games.i have noticed the cod waw setting works on most of them there is really no need for 100 differ settings.just make a mark on the controller for the game you play most.however acid mods is the best for answering any ?'s or problems you may have no need to wait a day or 2 for them to get answered. good luck and have fun modding

Offline scheme7

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2009, 06:50:43 AM »
no it just act as another trigger, you still have the pot to adjust fire rates

can you explain how to use a momentary button , cuz it gets so annoying switching it on/off during gameplay i just want a button i can press to shoot the mod .. so if i use a button i dnt need the NPN ? im confused can u just clarify how to hook up the momentary button . THANKS !

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2009, 06:59:40 AM »
can you explain how to use a momentary button , cuz it gets so annoying switching it on/off during gameplay i just want a button i can press to shoot the mod .. so if i use a button i dnt need the NPN ? im confused can u just clarify how to hook up the momentary button . THANKS !

ok go back to the install schematic, do you see pin number three? see how it goes to a on/off switch? replace the on/off with a MOMENTARY push button. then coming out of the push button, solder directly to the center trigger pin. throw away the transistor and resistor.  then when playing use trigger for normal, and push button for rapid fire.

FYI.. this works, as with most sleeper/simisleeper mods by applying voltage to the trigger, and just enough voltage, that any more added will cause it to fire. So when the trigger is pulled, adding more voltage, it rapid fires. So if you turn the switch on, leave off the resistor and transistor (these are what brings that voltage down to exactly where it is needed, just before firing) the 555 will be supplying too much power so the controller will read it as a trigger pull, and the chip pulsates so it registers as multiple trigger pulls. Therefore you can replace the on/off switch with a momentary push button and just use this button for rapid fire.

Hope that helps, and that you have a better understanding of what is going on. Please let me know if you need more help.   

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2009, 07:59:54 PM »
i was wondering if anyone has done the dual triggers using extra wire to the left side?  will it work?  since the idea of it brought up earlier in this forum kinda just died out.  thnx! and great tut!
MY CONSOLE LIST:

-1 PS   )                -1 GameCube
-1 PS2 (fa              -2 OG Gameboys
-1 PS2 (slim           -2 color gameboys -1 PS3                   -1 GBA -5 PSP                   -1 Gameboy SP -1 iPod TOUCH                   -2 NDS w/r4 -1 iPod video 5g                 -1 Wii -1 iPod nano (2-1g)(1-3g)    -1 Sega Genisis -2 NES                             -1 Atari Lynx -1 Gameboy micro

Offline kendo

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2009, 05:36:02 AM »
Hey folks,

I just joined this forum and I have a question concerning the type respectively the brand of the 555 timer which is used in matt´s tut. I´m from germany so I ordered at our local dealer, which in my case is "www.conrad.de". It´s a huge online store with dozens of different parts. In a phone call I asked them if there will be any TLC555 timers in near future, cuz they were out of stock. The man told me that he has a substitute for me that name is "Ic Xrl555cp = icm7555 = Lmc 555 Dil 8". He Told me that the XRL555 respective LMC555 should be the same in architecture as the TLC555 is. Only the brand is another.

So I bought this part and set up the circuit as described in matt´s tut (which by the way is great  :clap: ) and it works. But not as it should. It stutters and shoots erratic. I tried adjusting the pot but the result is not as I hoped. To cut a long story short - my question is, that I´m not sure whether the type of timer he sold to me is the correct type for matt´s setting with caps and resistors or not.

I tried it in Gears of War 2 and tested with different pot settings. Sometimes when I had a nice result in frequency and continuity it happend that there came breaks an stuttering. Could it be that my (rechargeable) battery pack was too empty and had a too low current for the timer to operate smoothly? In the specs of the TLC555 I read about a voltage range form 2 -15V which should work fine for settings powered by batteries as our controllers are.

Any ideas what could went wrong? Wrong type of timer? Or perhaps a damaged part in the circuit. By the way the ceramic capacitor does not look equal to the one matt used in his tut. It is flat but more kind of a rectangle than a disc. I´m not sure if this makes any difference? I´m also not sure if there has to be a correct resistor setting with the pot for each game, so that I perhaps only got the wrong setting of the pot which causes these stuttering effects...  :dntknw:

thanks in advance for your comments on this.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2009, 05:01:34 AM »
all the literature I can find on the LMC 555 is that the supply consumption is 4.5v, where as the supply consumption of the TLC 555 is 2v I think its safe to say that is part of the problem. you can try to play with the values of the caps and resistors to see if you can get it to act right.

another thing to look at tis the fire rate, depending on what game u are playing, its going to require a different setting of the firerate (pot adjustments) cod5 only will allow 8 pulses per second, and get a cap, cod 4 is coded diferently, it will alow any rate, however, just to throw numbers out there if you fire at 30 sps it will work fine, but if you fire 32 sps it will studder. it is a very fine line.

hope that helps.

Offline F4thAcE

• Hillbilly Modder
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i live in the country my neigbors are trees.
« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2009, 09:54:49 AM »
okay it does't work for me here are some pics from it

and here the swith im using its not the one you seid to get cus my radioshack does't have it but its spst and i like the switch look :D but will it work? the item code is 275-0324

can you help ive spent like 30 bucks on :censored: and i want this to work :beg: help

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #171 on: June 05, 2009, 10:55:20 AM »
wow, you have some work to do. to start, on the second pic (the back) use a pair of toe nail clippers to cut back the legs and what not. it appears some of those long legs may be touching other parts.

also, with that switch what will happen is when you flip it, you are going to start firing and not stop until you flip it back. what you need is a momentary switch. you have a toggle switch

Offline F4thAcE

• Hillbilly Modder
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #172 on: June 05, 2009, 11:34:06 AM »
nah none of them are touchin  just bent over a bit and it looks like there touchin well im doing it for the stock trigger i got some momentary switchs from a previous project i did so want me to do it like that use a momentary switch instead of my spst toggle switch

Post Merge: June 05, 2009, 01:37:35 PM
okay help it still does't work i redid everythinge and put new wires on the wires i were using were silver on the inside these are copper cut down ect.
the back

npn and right trigger pins

my switch

vdd and ground

what am i doing wrong?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 01:37:37 PM by F4thAcE »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #173 on: June 05, 2009, 02:15:50 PM »
what6 function are you getting? I cant really see the first picture, that may help..IDK..see how shot the npn is, you may have damaged it (heat sinsitive) I assemble this and run wires off the legs..it looks ok?

Offline F4thAcE

• Hillbilly Modder
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #174 on: June 05, 2009, 07:07:45 PM »
okay okay it is working like a charm i hate my pushbutton going to radioshack tomorrow and getting a bit bigger one mounted glued and tested yay! :#1: ive been called for rapid fire 5 times in 8 games strait m9 and mp5 on cod5 got 270 rounds for pistol and i use em fast... :D

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #175 on: June 05, 2009, 08:09:27 PM »
good I knew you were close...here depending on placement, this one is my fav

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062508

Offline F4thAcE

• Hillbilly Modder
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #176 on: June 05, 2009, 08:35:44 PM »
yeah i looked before you posted and i thought damn that looks good i want it so tommorrow ill take out my old one and put that one in hey is there a size difference between the two?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #177 on: June 06, 2009, 05:39:20 AM »
for the one I just linked you need a 1/2 inch hole. but it is the nicest button, nice and smooth, easy to press

Offline laxboy

• i like airplanes
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • CTVFD 9/11 lost but never forgotten
« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2009, 03:44:26 PM »
ok so mine works great and all however im very confused on how to adjust the chip any help here?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2009, 03:55:12 PM »
to adjust speed, slowly turn the pot. it will be in the range. you wont want to go all the way left or right, start in the center and make very small adjustments.

however, today is 6/11/09 and there was an update today that has changed the filters of the WAW rapidfire deterction filters. research needs to be done to find the new speed, primary focus at this point will be adjustments to the pic type rapid fire, once this is complete we will know if  there is anything that can be done to correct the 555 type, depending on how we need to modify the code.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal