Author Topic: I know yall dont like it....but it is interesting....  (Read 2908 times)

Offline dub829

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
I know yall dont like it....but it is interesting....
« on: December 05, 2008, 03:50:02 AM »
....not to mention scary as hell....i recently noticed that the "XCM rapid fire gear lite" has install instructions online....so i took a look....looking past the at least 5 ways to ruin my controller, i read through them.....

http://www.xcm-usa.com/installimages/RFGLManual_English.jpg

there's the link to the instructions.....to me they have some holes in them......any way i thought it was interesting how they kinda just replaced, or that what it looked like, the whole ABYX pad....in both "step 4" (one for each type of controller) you can see that, correct me if im wrong, they have 2 different codes in their motherboard? ....so...interesting....but, unless your an electrician, you almost might as well throw your controller and 50 bucks in the trash....o i forgot to mention that....it costs 50 bucks.....

so personally i already have enough ways to ruin my controller.....and i would much rather support King Mike and the Acid Mods Shop....so unless somebody pulls a drive by on me and throws 360 controllers and $100 bills at me....i will not be getting this....i would love to see what king mike could do with the same amount of funding.....

im waiting for the 3 mode led sleeper....

thanks for reading
DUB

EDIT: fixed link so we could click it..
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 07:06:21 AM by gameroms »

Offline MattosTKE

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: I know yall dont like it....but it is interesting....
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 08:31:13 AM »
What a mess!

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 10:20:37 AM »
mess? nah it looks fine, if you have the skill to do the work, I want one where can I get this? I think I will still keep my 683 for the trigger so I can modify the rate if needed, but it looks like a good way to do all the other buttons

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 10:40:16 AM »
I dont agree.

It is not a mess, and doesnt look particularly hard!

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 04:01:32 PM »
People burn up boards with a 30watt iron just soldering to the trigger points (lets not even talk about the thousands of poor LEDs that have been killed by unskilled hands).

Do you honestly think that scraping and cutting tracks is for the average person?
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline dub829

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 04:33:46 PM »
no....not for the average person.....i would almost consider it if it didnt involve cutting traces....and it wasnt 50 bucks :faint:......like i said...i would love to see what mike could do with the same amount of funding and time......probably make a product twice as good for half the price...

DUB

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 01:41:37 AM »
People burn up boards with a 30watt iron just soldering to the trigger points (lets not even talk about the thousands of poor LEDs that have been killed by unskilled hands).

Do you honestly think that scraping and cutting tracks is for the average person?

Yeah, it isn't rocket science is it?

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 04:45:32 AM »
Well, the bad part is that you cannot get the 'sleeper' effect on the buttons without cutting the tracks. Its that simple. The buttons either 1: Close directly to ground (you cannot overlay a signal onto it), or 2: Are pulsed at random intervals to be read.

In both cases, it is easy to create the button 'pushed' effect when it is released, but it is impossible to create a 'released' effect  while the button is constantly being pushed. Cutting traces is the only way to get a RF signal sleeper.

THe people with enough skill to do this wuold charge you quite a bit as its easy for even the skilled to make a mistake and have to spend hours performing a repair. This ends up being a costly mod.

WHat is much simpler and more realistic is a macro controller that uses both the regular buttons and external buttons and runs a pre-programmed set of button presses. Instead of holding say the B button and it rapidfires, you can program the controller to fire the B button a number of times whenever it gets quickly pressed.
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 10:20:39 AM »
There's absolutely nothing messy or hard about those schematics...

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 05:52:49 PM »
I just took a look at them. Since there is that overlay for the ABXY buttons, it really is not that bad. From some of the early press on this thing, it sounded like cutting AND soldering to tracks. The only really bad soldering points are the vias. Most people usually screw those up.

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 12:48:15 AM »
dub the way you described the schematics I thought there was going to be wires and solder all over the place. But it looks clean and not 
difficult. I also think that someone that has little experience soldering will have some problems with this especialy those that don't like to take time and follow directions. I think there will be some posts here with people screaming " I TOTALLY FUXXORD MY XBOX 360 CONTROLLER HELP!!!"...

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 06:41:49 PM »
The vias are the problem. That flex PCB that overlays the XYAB buttons is really gonna end up making things impossible for alot of people. Once a via gets burnt, you may as well throw the controller away. I used to hate those flex PCBs that were supposed to make soldering easier. They never did, I always ended up running wire instead because it was easier.

Offline dub829

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 03:45:19 PM »
sorry guys i didnt mean to make it sound that bad.....i was just on a rant.....after some time to stew on it its not that bad....i guess it the whole cutting traces that makes me nervous......by the way what kind of soldering irons do yall use??.....

thanks
DUB

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 11:45:41 PM »
I hear ya.  :drunk: I wouldn't recomend cutting traces to people tha have little experience or someone that just hase one controller and can't get another one. I use a Radioshack 15w soldering iron. Not the best but perfect for the things I use it for.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal