Author Topic: Couple of questions about Slim repair  (Read 1383 times)

Offline tomrem

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Couple of questions about Slim repair
« on: December 09, 2008, 02:40:57 AM »
Picked up a few slims cheap, one UMD drive works, and want to swap it out of 1 into another, however after doing this, UMD drive doesnt work. Have tried changing the idstorage tags. Swap the UMD drive back to its original slim and it works fine. What am I missing here?

Also ive noticed on a few slims, when I try to update from 4.01 CFW to 5.00 I get an error like FFFFFFFFF2 or something. Any info on that. Ive tried searching topics but nothing seems to address waht im asking. Any help would be great, trying to fix a few PSPs up for family members. Thank you.

Tom

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • www.MactasticMendezisawesome.com
Re: Couple of questions about Slim repair
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 04:44:20 AM »
1. with the umd drive. the addapter for the 1 might not work.
2. chechk the files to update.

PsychoticWolf , MactasticMendez and Skullmaster, mike and 802Chives (and all the others:) are the Best Admins On ACIDMODS

Offline tomrem

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 10:58:45 AM »
Played around with them some more, apparently on 2 of the motherboards, the UMD connects dont work. Is there anyway that can be repaired? A fuse or something? Cuase all 3 of the drives work with 1 motherboard and none work with the other 2 motherboards. Thanx again.

Offline tomrem

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 04:58:16 AM »
Sorry to ask again, or maybe I didnt ask the right question, is there a way to fix the UMD controller on the slim motherboard? A fuse perhaps? Have 3 slims that everything works but the UMD and the UMDs work cause ive tested them with another motherboard. Shame to waste a motherboard cause of it. Or maybe its time to switch to the Photofast adapters for those. Thank you.

Offline Boxman

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 08:47:30 AM »
Picked up a few slims cheap, one UMD drive works, and want to swap it out of 1 into another, however after doing this, UMD drive doesnt work. Have tried changing the idstorage tags. Swap the UMD drive back to its original slim and it works fine. What am I missing here?

Also ive noticed on a few slims, when I try to update from 4.01 CFW to 5.00 I get an error like FFFFFFFFF2 or something. Any info on that. Ive tried searching topics but nothing seems to address waht im asking. Any help would be great, trying to fix a few PSPs up for family members. Thank you.

Tom

Each UMD drive has its own UMD key to match the idStorage UMD key. Thats why it works with your orginal slim.

Offline tomrem

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 01:53:58 PM »
Ok so what does that mean? Tried changing idstorage tags and to no avail. Is there anyway around that? Got more drives coming gonna test those out too. Thank you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal