Author Topic: News Posters Needed  (Read 7459 times)

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
News Posters Needed
« on: December 11, 2008, 08:50:44 PM »
hey guys

as you may have noticed a few weeks back we redid our news page and recently got one of our dedicated members Tec_ to write some articles we have asked him to write articles mainly about computers and computer modding and to do interviews as you may of seen. and so far we are very pleased with him he has shown great effort and his interview was great and we have some exciting ideas for how to make the computer area of the news page successful and interesting.

now down to what this post is mainly about. I think it will be a lot better and people will find it a lot easier if we had individual people concentrate on one area of news instead of asking them to do it all. so i need members who are enthusiastic and like a specific area of news and would be willing to write about it and possibly get interviews like Tec_ managed too. we will help you as much as we can and give you advice on how to proceed. what i think would be best is if we had

2 people for PSP  -  bustinthejustin  -  psp slim hacker
1 person for DS   -  dslitemodder
1 person for 360  -  Fmstrat
1 person for PS3  -  SN!P3R
2 people for Wii

and 2 people for general site news i.e. mods members have done, and also general tech news like the sony job cuts article.
H-Sauce   -   

bhawan your already registered so just start posting news

the news posts dont have to be particularly long either just get the point across with no spelling mistakes.

it would be very preferable if the people who volunteer have the time to give i.e. dont post 1 story and stop and also if they were known members.
if you have any blogging or news experience that would be great and tell us about it.

if you would like to volunteer just post a small bit about yourself and the section you would like

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 04:38:54 PM by Mactastic Mendez »

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: News Posters Needed
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 09:14:18 PM »
I can do the ds news.  Just pm me if you want me too.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 09:15:36 PM »
Hey I'm willing to do psp section. Perhaps I'm not the most well known person around, but I've been here for a while. I, you may have also noticed, am not too bad at spelling and grammar. I do mod psps although not very well. I do read a lot so I'm sure I could get atleast an article a week. Of course, i'm new to this so I'll need some small pointers.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline kirit143

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 09:24:49 PM »
hey man i can work 4  for xbox360 let me know what can i do 4

Offline scarletxfi

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 10:01:31 PM »
I can probably help with the psp section too..
I get daily updates about psp homebrew\new games\new development (sush as PSP ps store and so on)
btw i also get weekly updates about major activities in the ps3 community.
I sometimes get news regarding companies like konami,sony,midway and more.

I'm interested in more info before I commit myself, please pm and we can talk.

cheers.

Offline Fmstrat

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 06:07:04 AM »
if you would like to volunteer just post a small bit about yourself and the section you would like

Hi,

I would be interested in supporting the Xbox360 News releases for the site.  For a little about myself, I have a background in Digital Marketing and Technologies.  I am currently employed aiding large sized companies with their marketing spend and consumer strategies.  I.E. companies that have a few million dollars and don't know where to put it.  My specific job is to analyze their marketplace and inform them of where the profitable and most consumer saturated avenues are.  My focus is mainly in the digital realm, so website work from filming to content outlines and Information Architecture.  I also do work for Conferences and offline materials.  I am very involved in many online communities, and stay up to snuff on my engineering and programming skills as well, with my latest two projects being:

Xbox Live Vista Gadget to pull info from xbox.com: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=669346
Web Based Registry tool for PocketPC: http://triton.homeip.net/RegistryChanger/

Most importantly, I wade through about 10 pages of Xbox360 based RSS feeds daily as well as staying somewhat active in IRC rooms, and am highly versed in public writing.  I'm probably not the first, but close to it, when it comes to finding out things about the latest firmware releases, hardware mods like Ben Heck's 360 portable, and general marketplace news (Guess who the most recent person to sue MS is?).  As for interview contacts, I know a few people who work for companies like Ubisoft and EPIC, so I may be able to garner information here and there, but since many of them are under nondisclosure agreements I doubt they would be very fruitful.  If that is the most important thing for you, I may not be your man.  Otherwise, I'm here if you need me.

Offline Boxman

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 07:58:10 AM »
I'd love to write articles in the PSP section.  I dont really have any blogging expierence, but I'm really into PSP homebrew, FW, mods and other PSP stuff.

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 08:04:53 AM »
I can do the psp section...actually id be better for the xbox 360 section

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 08:53:45 AM »
I'm down for the General AcidMods News.

Offline loganbyers07

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 11:13:03 AM »
I can do pc news... :hifive:

Thanks for the sig dhuvrock2000

The best way to get cool gaming stuff for free!

Offline PSPMAN90

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 12:12:22 PM »
I got PSP too, but i'm now  more in the Wii Side now, and the PSP is there laying around in dust saying  :help:, use me!!, I use it just for Listen to music lol
Anyways!
With the Wii I could do the trick, You know look all the new stuff and put them where they belong here in the AM Website :#1::clap:
Including the Homebrew Scene and everything. :yess:

I could use a little talk about this before deciding what to do, where to do it and how we ...are going to do it...  :hifive:

My name is a little bit Awkward for the situation... lol
PSPMAN90

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 12:33:47 PM »
i can do the PSP news section!  :victory:. PM me if i can
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 12:51:55 PM »
2 people for PSP

Hey I'm willing to do psp section. Perhaps I'm not the most well known person around, but I've been here for a while. I, you may have also noticed, am not too bad at spelling and grammar. I do mod psps although not very well. I do read a lot so I'm sure I could get atleast an article a week. Of course, i'm new to this so I'll need some small pointers.

I can probably help with the psp section too..
I get daily updates about psp homebrew\new games\new development (sush as PSP ps store and so on)
btw i also get weekly updates about major activities in the ps3 community.
I sometimes get news regarding companies like konami,sony,midway and more.

I'm interested in more info before I commit myself, please pm and we can talk.

cheers.

I'd love to write articles in the PSP section.  I dont really have any blogging expierence, but I'm really into PSP homebrew, FW, mods and other PSP stuff.

i can do the PSP news section!  :victory:. PM me if i can

-----------

the news posts dont have to be particularly long either just get the point across with no spelling mistakes.

it would be very preferable if the people who volunteer have the time to give i.e. dont post 1 story and stop and also if they were known members.

I got PSP too, but i'm now  more in the Wii Side now, and the PSP is there laying around in dust saying  :help:, use me!!, I use it just for Listen to music lol
Anyways!
With the Wii I could do the trick, You know look all the new stuff and put them where they belong here in the AM Website :#1::clap:
Including the Homebrew Scene and everything. :yess:

I could use a little talk about this before deciding what to do, where to do it and how we ...are going to do it...  :hifive:

My name is a little bit Awkward for the situation... lol
PSPMAN90

No spelling mistakes there, but grammar is terrible. He's also a new member.

Hi,

I would be interested in supporting the Xbox360 News releases for the site.  For a little about myself, I have a background in Digital Marketing and Technologies.  I am currently employed aiding large sized companies with their marketing spend and consumer strategies.  I.E. companies that have a few million dollars and don't know where to put it.  My specific job is to analyze their marketplace and inform them of where the profitable and most consumer saturated avenues are.  My focus is mainly in the digital realm, so website work from filming to content outlines and Information Architecture.  I also do work for Conferences and offline materials.  I am very involved in many online communities, and stay up to snuff on my engineering and programming skills as well, with my latest two projects being:

Xbox Live Vista Gadget to pull info from xbox.com: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=669346
Web Based Registry tool for PocketPC: http://triton.homeip.net/RegistryChanger/

Most importantly, I wade through about 10 pages of Xbox360 based RSS feeds daily as well as staying somewhat active in IRC rooms, and am highly versed in public writing.  I'm probably not the first, but close to it, when it comes to finding out things about the latest firmware releases, hardware mods like Ben Heck's 360 portable, and general marketplace news (Guess who the most recent person to sue MS is?).  As for interview contacts, I know a few people who work for companies like Ubisoft and EPIC, so I may be able to garner information here and there, but since many of them are under nondisclosure agreements I doubt they would be very fruitful.  If that is the most important thing for you, I may not be your man.  Otherwise, I'm here if you need me.

New member.

hey man i can work 4  for xbox360 let me know what can i do 4

New member.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:58:19 PM by bustinthejustin »

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 04:02:36 PM »

-----------

No spelling mistakes there, but grammar is terrible. He's also a new member.

New member.

New member.

Being a little hypocritical don’t you think

Thanks48

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 05:37:13 PM »
Ok I ain't gonna type out a long fancy thing saying no spelling errors and all that. All I can offer is to do 3-4 articles a week for the psp and 360 section.So if you would like me to start writing articles just let me know asap

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 05:57:01 PM »
yo ill do it for the psp section

Quote from: Jumbo
I herd you like stealing quotes ey?

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 06:16:44 PM »
if any one has any suggestions for me or stories/interviews they want to take a crack at let me know im open to all comments. just drop me a PM or fire off an email to me at tec_@acidmod.com

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 07:09:54 PM »
Being a little hypocritical don’t you think

How? I'm not new, at all. I've been registered for about 6 months, been online for about 3 days, and if you're gonna comment on my grammar/spelling, perhaps it's not perfect but atleast you can understand me. Also I'm not trying my hardest not to make any mistakes... I normally type like this. Check all my previous posts.

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • www.MactasticMendezisawesome.com
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 07:57:25 PM »
i'm good in general. ill dictate to my dad then he'll fix it and ill post it with correct everything.

PsychoticWolf , MactasticMendez and Skullmaster, mike and 802Chives (and all the others:) are the Best Admins On ACIDMODS

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 08:21:34 PM »
sorry, this is sort of off topic, but seems to me ,bustinthejustin you my friends have been doing quite a bit of spamming latley...though these people may be very new, you do not have to go, and blatintly splat it out like that, I mean ANYbody could have seen it, its not like they are just going to look at their post and say, oh he looks good hes on the news team, no they are probably going to decie based on: How known the person is, how many GOOD/IMPORTANT posts they have and finally how nice/attracting they are(not as in looks but i could not think of the correct word, but basically how they make people comfortable and not say: " oh I am not going to go on Acidmods.com because that person seems mean"...or "stop yelling at me")but yeah, basically you do not have to tell them who is a good choice and who isnt...LET THEM DECIDE rofl

Oh here it goes...time for an e-mail from one of the mods warning me about spam  :angry:
might as well hit the refresh button a few times

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 12:32:07 AM »
Oh here it goes...time for an e-mail from one of the mods warning me about spam  :angry:

Why did you have to bring this up? Was it really neccesary? No. Don't complain, I was doing my job. It got reported, I PM'ed you, after a long discussion you say OK.

Now lets try an be nice and freindly.

Anyway, lets stay on topic. Any ideas on who gets what here Robin? I wanna know  :cry2: lol.

Offline lol-russ

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • This ain't no armageddon
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 01:23:47 AM »
I can help Digging PS3 News here.
Besides its  the least I could do as a leetman

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 09:16:36 AM »
Why did you have to bring this up? Was it really neccesary? No. Don't complain, I was doing my job. It got reported, I PM'ed you, after a long discussion you say OK.

Now lets try an be nice and freindly.

Anyway, lets stay on topic. Any ideas on who gets what here Robin? I wanna know  :cry2: lol.
lol, no I wasnt reffereing to experience... I was just saying I thought that would probably happen

Offline Bhawan

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2008, 11:17:54 AM »
i can do psp..... sorry i havnt been posting much because i didnt make it into 90s in LA sooo i am putting most of my day in studies.... gotta get over 90 in everything....

thanks chase for this sig =)
I miss my dragon lol....

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2008, 06:52:44 AM »
ok post updated now i need
1 ps3
2 wii
1 general site

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Fmstrat

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2008, 07:41:26 AM »
Thanks Tec and Mac.  How should I proceed with submissions? I.E. through Tec or Mac? Email or PM? If you could PM me and let me know I will respond with my email address so you can contact me directly (or just pull it from the forum's DB if you would like).  I've got a couple of starter posts in mind.  One of them happens to be fresh from an MS employee through their training rep.

Thanks.

*edit*
Nevermind, your PM just popped up.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 08:23:02 AM by Fmstrat »

Offline Boxman

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 07:44:36 AM »
1 ps3
2 wii
1 general site

Since the PSP spots are taken, mabye I can do Wii news?

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 08:37:54 AM »
1 ps3
2 wii
1 general site
I can also do ps3 if you want since now I have a ps3

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 07:54:58 PM »
I got a question. You say that the people who sign up for general can do mods that members have done. BUT, those mods could also fall under categories such as ps3, 360, etc. So maybe general should only be tech news while the mods members have done should go to the respective console? Because otherwise, the people doing news for consoles can only write about software that has come out, new releases, etc.

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2008, 07:57:56 PM »
may i do PS3? taken apart two, using it right now to type this (linux)
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal