BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Which
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2008, 04:09:49 PM »
The PS3 isn't really that much more than the 360 in the UK once you calculate all costs. You still have to buy a few accessories for the 360 which comes standard with the PS3. Things such as the wireless adapter, play and charge kit, Xbox live and not to mention that if you want a wireless headset for the PS3 you can buy any bluetooth one, one which cost £10 would work. For the 360 you would have to buy the official wireless headset if you wanted one, which costs quite a bit in itself. That is of course if you were to buy the Elite and calculate costs compared to the PS3 80gb which is curently out. Also, the PS3 has blu-ray, which despite the fact many people don't care that much, the price of DVDs has reduced quite a bit since blu-ray was released in the UK and will most likely replace/ be used more than DVD sometime.

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2008, 04:11:42 PM »
The CPU in the PS3 is ridiculously faster than even the best PC's out there, it's just a different kind of calculation it can do

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2008, 04:48:58 PM »
It's cos we have a  :censored: load ov VAT on everything. Even with the VAT drop its stil stupidly high.
Thats true, i mean, is Gordan Brown retarded? Borrowing money got the UK into recession, so he thinks borrowing more money will sort it? Thats like paying a credit card bill with a loan. All for a tax reduction of 2.5%

Wow... really... like 30p off a £40 order is really going to make me splurge

Obviously gordon brown thinks everybody in London is a hobo, as if its the 19th century again

For crying out loud, why dont the UK just stop giving out money to people and build its economy, whats worse, half the countrie losing their jobs, or not looking a bit racist, because think about it, half the people in my local area are on benifits, 9/10s of them, its because their parents are out doing drugs or prostitution, and then on top of all that, 4/5 out of everybody in my local area are immigrants and about 9/10 of them get free propertie from the government

So let me get this straight, if you have an education, and are born in the country, you have to pay for immigrants, pay for other stuff (most immigrants dont have to pay tax in my area) whereas if you just moved here, for whatever reason during this time, you get free shelter, free money, free everything

And how do they repay us, well by being racist to me and beating me up everyday

Because im not black, i get beaten up

Because im not pakistani i get beaten up

Because im not polish i get beaten up

And then white people beat me up because of this, they think im an illegal immagrant

(Also the laws here suck, robber breaks into ur house, say you push him down the stairs while he holds you at gun point, you go to jail, where as in some states in america, you can shot the :censored:)

I know its long, but free speech

Nobody can shut me up about me views (im not being racist, im just :censored:ing about the politics)

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2008, 06:55:15 PM »
Xbox 360: Loud, Flashy, Good for Gaming, Piracy (not saying good or bad. you decide which), Cheap ($180)
Playstation 3: Quiet, Not flashy, Great for both multimedia access to the psp, and Gaming, More expensive. ($340)

Those are the qualities and disadvantages I am looking at.

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2008, 07:31:37 PM »
Xbox 360: Loud, Flashy, Good for Gaming, Piracy (not saying good or bad. you decide which), Cheap ($180)
Playstation 3: Quiet, Not flashy, Great for both multimedia access to the psp, and Gaming, More expensive. ($340)

Those are the qualities and disadvantages I am looking at.

And remember on top of the 180 you need to buy a HDD and an XBL subsciption

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2008, 07:36:56 PM »
Yeah and on the ps3 you can intall linux, and put in a 500 gb hd for about 100-150 bucks, but on the 360, a tiny hard drive costs like 200 bucks+

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2008, 07:38:05 PM »
And remember on top of the 180 you need to buy a HDD and an XBL subsciption
and a wireless adaptor.

that adds up to about what a ps3 is anyways

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2008, 07:44:43 PM »
I wasn't too worried about the hdd. It comes with a 20gb hard drive
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=110328024587

And you can also run linux from 360

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2008, 10:12:57 PM »
I wasn't too worried about the hdd. It comes with a 20gb hard drive
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=110328024587

And you can also run linux from 360

It takes a LOT more to run it on the 360, on the PS3 there are multiple forms of linux designed specifically for it...

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2008, 08:32:02 AM »
Yea, I did a bit of research looking for tutorials and other sorts of things and tbh, I wouldn't mind having an Xbox 360. I am not a gaming extremist, therefore I wouldn't dish out hundreds more just to get a couple better features. Making an Xbox 360 laptop looks promising. My dad could help me out with that. Yes, it will cost alot but im not saying i am going to do it. Just a thought.

:tup:

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2008, 11:26:11 AM »
Yea, I did a bit of research looking for tutorials and other sorts of things and tbh, I wouldn't mind having an Xbox 360. I am not a gaming extremist, therefore I wouldn't dish out hundreds more just to get a couple better features. Making an Xbox 360 laptop looks promising. My dad could help me out with that. Yes, it will cost alot but im not saying i am going to do it. Just a thought.

:tup:

The 360 laptops were being sold for over 3000 dollars and took Ben Heck weeks of time to do.  Good luck lol

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2008, 11:35:02 AM »
lol yea man thanks
If I really decided to do it, it would take me forever
my luck: get everything placed and play it for a week. And it RROD's  :rofl:

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2008, 11:42:59 AM »
Lol that's the point at which you pick up your 360 and throw it out the window...

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline VoX

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2008, 04:10:55 PM »
On the topic of Gaming PC's costing a lot. I don't have a lot of money and my parents wouldn't spend the amount of money a PS3 costs on me because they'd rather me go out side. So on my birthday I asked for $300 dollars. I brought my mother board, RAM, HDD, CPU and the case for my computer. I ended up buying a 9800 GT for $120. Over all it was $420. This computer beats a PS3 but a fair bit with   the PS3's GPU being a variation of the 7800 GT of which is about 2x-3x as slow as a 9800 GT.  A 60 GB PS3 costs around $600 in Australia which is $200 more than I spent and it does not even give the same preformance. I have since then upgraded my PC with more RAM and a better graphics card which as said before is the beauty of PC's.

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2008, 09:51:27 PM »
On the topic of Gaming PC's costing a lot. I don't have a lot of money and my parents wouldn't spend the amount of money a PS3 costs on me because they'd rather me go out side. So on my birthday I asked for $300 dollars. I brought my mother board, RAM, HDD, CPU and the case for my computer. I ended up buying a 9800 GT for $120. Over all it was $420. This computer beats a PS3 but a fair bit with   the PS3's GPU being a variation of the 7800 GT of which is about 2x-3x as slow as a 9800 GT.  A 60 GB PS3 costs around $600 in Australia which is $200 more than I spent and it does not even give the same preformance. I have since then upgraded my PC with more RAM and a better graphics card which as said before is the beauty of PC's.

what's in the comp, because for 420 bucks you'd probably have some lower end gear...

Offline VoX

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2008, 10:03:33 PM »
9800 GT 512mb, 4GB Ram, 320 GB Hard drive, AMD 6000+ CPU. Runs Crysis fine on Medium/High. 60+ FPS on Call of Duty 4 with everything at highest and 4xAA

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2008, 10:28:08 AM »
I know this chart is kind of old but you get the idea

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0