Author Topic: Sound Reactive leds REDONE  (Read 10892 times)

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
Sound Reactive leds REDONE
« on: December 29, 2008, 02:53:27 PM »
i re did the sound reactive leds to react ten times better
i used a transistor i bought at radioshack and nothing more no resistors nothing this is truely awesome

i will post up more info later i am on my way out now but i will have pics up later

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline armis

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Sound Reactive leds REDONE
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 04:39:21 PM »
nice....sounds good already...cant wait to  :w00t:

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 07:28:46 PM »
nice....sounds good already...cant wait to  :w00t:

Nice pun :w00t:

Offline armis

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 08:02:36 PM »
WHAT! didnt get it  :drunk:

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 08:04:59 PM »
Sound reactive leds...

Sounds good to me...

Get it? Sound?

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 09:31:26 PM »
sorry guys this is going to have to wait till tomorrow i just got home and it is way to late to take pics
but ya this is awesome it reacts to the bass so well and u could add different resistors to get it to work better or watever u want i can't wait to share this wit u guys

"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 08:31:49 AM »
All right dude interesting.

Lookin forward to seeing it.

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 09:14:27 AM »
i drew up a diagram for now
i am going to try to borrow my aunts cam to take a video mine sucks wit video

Offline armis

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 09:16:54 AM »
post pics for now...cant wait  :tup:

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 08:32:40 AM »
any luck with that vid ghetto?

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 11:44:18 AM »
no been out wit the friends lately  :drunk: and i havent had time but i will try to get it done soon its just i have been busy i think u guys can understand that but as soon as i can this video will be up maybe today but i really doubt it i am also working on getting this to work so that u can use the sony ericson speaker mod thing and have SR leds at the same time

Offline armis

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 12:04:11 PM »
pics are fine too

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 05:38:00 PM »
What transistor did you use?

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 01:29:21 AM »
This is such a simplified circuit that I highly doubt it's effectiveness.

You have cut out every component bar one to make a basic amplifier.

Anyway, nice try!! :)

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 07:44:54 PM »
I won't doubt anything yet. But pics or a vid would still be nice :D

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 08:26:01 AM »
This is such a simplified circuit that I highly doubt it's effectiveness.

You have cut out every component bar one to make a basic amplifier.

Anyway, nice try!! :)

Im sure others have though of this but it was my idea pitched to js.2ghetto it is actually super efective and 100x better than the LM386 way as with no sound the LEDS are off and they are more reactive. Also it gets rid of the power hungry amp and replaces it with a switching transistor and a few resistors no more than 3resistors so over all size and power consumption is down . Also just to clarify things the ground of the LED will be conected to the transistor and its positive to any 3.5v spot and the transistor will be switching the ground off and on acording to the current throwing the "switch" in the transistorwitch will be the speaker output so in theory the reactiveness would not change and you could use as many LEDs as you can power. An even pore primitive version of this can be seen in my video of my white slim psp with the amped speakers  notice how reactive my LEDS are in that video and off when there is no sound.

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 10:13:22 AM »
Again, What transistor was used?

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 10:25:06 AM »

Im sure others have though of this but it was my idea pitched to js.2ghetto it is actually super efective and 100x better than the LM386 way as with no sound the LEDS are off and they are more reactive. Also it gets rid of the power hungry amp and replaces it with a switching transistor and a few resistors no more than 3resistors so over all size and power consumption is down . Also just to clarify things the ground of the LED will be conected to the transistor and its positive to any 3.5v spot and the transistor will be switching the ground off and on acording to the current throwing the "switch" in the transistorwitch will be the speaker output so in theory the reactiveness would not change and you could use as many LEDs as you can power. An even pore primitive version of this can be seen in my video of my white slim psp with the amped speakers  notice how reactive my LEDS are in that video and off when there is no sound.

So you are not even using the transistor as an amp, that sucks.
Then that wouldn't provide the leds with variable brightness/intensity.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 10:46:29 AM by Alien_X »

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 12:43:38 PM »
What yes it dose the 2n222 npn transistor we are useing has super high switching rate that can produce an effect equivelent to PWM witch is why blaizzrad used it to do ambeint light with RGB leds because its switching rate is so high it can create an effect similar to PWM with variable intensity and brightness

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009, 12:46:23 PM »
Ahhh, that is the most vital bit!!!

Very good.

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 02:50:53 PM »
Folk can u draw up a diagram of how u did it cuz the way i did it work like a charm but if urs works better i need to try it lol
and sorry for not being around i am super busy and am trying to get this to work wit the sony ericson amp mod since i already installed it on my cousins psp

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 12:28:35 AM »
OMG i tried folks way just know i know its late but i did it and it is awesome it is like the lm386 that it is always on BUT it reacts better
idk if it is like this wit the normal psp speaker outputs but its like this wit the sony ericson amp mod and i love it i will have a diagram up for u guys as soon as i can and sorry for not being able to get the vid my aunt still hasn't opened the came she got for christmas i think i might just post pics of my cuz psp once i finish it and by cuz psp i mean i am modding it and giving it to him FOR FREE

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 12:46:30 AM »
OMG i tried folks way just know i know its late but i did it and it is awesome it is like the lm386 that it is always on BUT it reacts better
idk if it is like this wit the normal psp speaker outputs but its like this wit the sony ericson amp mod and i love it i will have a diagram up for u guys as soon as i can and sorry for not being able to get the vid my aunt still hasn't opened the came she got for christmas i think i might just post pics of my cuz psp once i finish it and by cuz psp i mean i am modding it and giving it to him FOR FREE

It's blizzrads way, by the way.

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 01:13:15 AM »
well now idk if i should call it blizzards cuz i kind of changed it but if u insist then BLIZZARDS way
and to let u guys kno i tweaked it more and its better in my opion but idk i am a lil tired so i will let u guys kno which way is best and give u diagrams of them all so if u wanna try one u can or try the other totally up to u

THANKS Folk..... and Blizzard i guess lol

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 03:14:50 AM »
does anyone know where i can get one of these transistors in the UK. i tried looking at the maplin website but all i could find was a 2n2222a transistor. not sure if that would work or not.

-edit-

Nevermind, i found them on mouser under the name 2n2222, for some reason there is an extra '2' on the end of the model number.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 04:17:38 AM by ApheX »

Offline hevitikku

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 09:56:14 AM »
i found that on 2n2222 voltage is much bigger than on 2n222 so dunno will the 2n2222 work..

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 03:15:44 PM »
i found that on 2n2222 voltage is much bigger than on 2n222 so dunno will the 2n2222 work..
I was just looking over the data sheets of the 2n2222 and the 2n222 and the only difference is the way the legs are arranged differently (well i think that might be the 2n222a) and that the 2n2222 have a higher MAX voltage, but the same minimum/threshold voltage

When my transistors arrive im going to try this with my 2n2222

Im pretty much guessing how it works, just a simple transistor circuit with the speaker opening the transistor

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline hevitikku

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2009, 07:39:46 AM »
oh.. sorry, just noticed that too.... :yess:

Offline wetfusion

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +6/-5
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2009, 01:32:31 AM »
Folk can u draw up a diagram of how u did it cuz the way i did it work like a charm but if urs works better i need to try it lol
and sorry for not being around i am super busy and am trying to get this to work wit the sony ericson amp mod since i already installed it on my cousins psp
i have done the sony amp mod

the vids. take a while b4 i turn on the speaker lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCprKsEgdPE

just aquick update, added 4 red leds while using the normal speaker

so if you need help just ask. =)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 01:34:16 AM by wetfusion »

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2009, 05:14:51 AM »
just wondering were did u get ur speakers and i got the amp down and the sound reactive leds wit transistors its not as good as i thought one transistor only powers a few leds till it the reactivity goes down but ya its kool cuz there small and u can put in a couple

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal