Author Topic: Finally finished my Portfolio  (Read 6361 times)

Offline VoX

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
Finally finished my Portfolio
« on: January 07, 2009, 04:59:07 AM »
Worked on it all day and got it finished. Its running on a temp URL while my domain purchase is being processed. I designed/coded everything so no templates  or anything.

http://www.lexicongfx.net/portfolio/portfolio.html

Tell me what you think

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
Re: Finally finished my Portfolio
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 07:56:42 AM »
That.. Is... Awesome! I'm using that VistaOSX wwalpaper as my own :P

Good work, keep it up!

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 08:12:53 AM »
id love to have that vista wallpaper.

btw nice portfolio

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 10:02:53 AM »
Nice portfolio

One thing I did notice, the website is incredibly like mine, just difference colour scheme (well only purple and yours had a red feel to it)

And the myspace layout, also incredibly like mine (same layout, everything is placed in the same way etc, i havent seen anybody with that style)

Heres my website for anybody wanting to do a comparison

http://phenomenaldesigns.co.cc/index.html

(My phenomenaldesigns.net domain is being terminated, they are asking for £50 a year now, and I thought, i dont even get 50 vistors a year, whats the point? Get a free one instead?)

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 10:04:22 AM »
Sorry vox but iI have to admit there are similiarities

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 10:11:26 AM »
There are similarities, and also

I have a dislike for a website where the text is in an embedded image, come on a monkey can draw a website in photoshop and embed it as an image, learn html or css!

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 10:24:17 AM »
There are similarities, and also

I have a dislike for a website where the text is in an embedded image, come on a monkey can draw a website in photoshop and embed it as an image, learn html or css!
I usally write my text as html, but then I can have nicer fonts for those front page things, usually those ones that are third party

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 10:33:14 AM »
I'm going to set up my website tonight, well register the domain anyway.

If you guys want, I can set up a couple of links so that we get Vox's, PhenomenalDesigns' (damn you have a long name) and of course Acidmods. It won't just be art focused, it will be having focus' on the modding scene (mostly from AM with there permission) and on my music prouctions. Maybe one of you guys can help me with banners etc..

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 10:34:53 AM »
I'm going to set up my website tonight, well register the domain anyway.

If you guys want, I can set up a couple of links so that we get Vox's, PhenomenalDesigns' (damn you have a long name) and of course Acidmods. It won't just be art focused, it will be having focus' on the modding scene (mostly from AM with there permission) and on my music prouctions. Maybe one of you guys can help me with banners etc..
Just call me luke, although people will get confused with other luke, so you can just call me Phen for something like that

Also if your into music production, my brother is a producer (he showed me his tools, he emptied his bank account just paying for it recently, like worth £2k+)

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline VoX

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 10:41:48 AM »
You I drew my inspiration from your layout. Don't think this is final either, I never really planned on it, This is my first real HTML coding job and I plan to overhaul it all very, very soon because I've learn what I have to do (Infact, I'm actually working on it now) . If you feel the similarities are too much then I'd be glad to take it down for the time being.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 10:46:14 AM by VoX »

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 10:44:31 AM »
You I drew my inspiration from your layout. Don't think this is final either, I never planned on it, This is my first real HTML coding job and I plan to overhaul it all very, very soon because I've learn what I have to do. If you feel the similarities are too much then I'd be glad to take it down for the time being.
Dont take it down

Im really happy someone is inspired in a way by me

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 10:49:17 AM »
Thanks for the offer Phen ( ;) ) but to be honest it all depends on what type of music he is producing. It's the right sounds that I am tying to acheive and may artists use the same software as me (Reaon 4) but it is a music style mainly popular wit, as said by robin "McDonalds Doorway Chavs". It's bassline house/4x4 by the way. But yeah if your brother could give me a couple of tips it would be greatly appreciated,

:P

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 10:50:44 AM »
Thanks for the offer Phen ( ;) ) but to be honest it all depends on what type of music he is producing. It's the right sounds that I am tying to acheive and may artists use the same software as me (Reaon 4) but it is a music style mainly popular wit, as said by robin "McDonalds Doorway Chavs". It's bassline house/4x4 by the way. But yeah if your brother could give me a couple of tips it would be greatly appreciated,

:P
My brother is quite famous for doing many different styles

PM me and ill give you his myspace and youll hear it

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline VoX

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 10:52:48 AM »
Dont take it down

Im really happy someone is inspired in a way by me

Its just ticked over to 6am here so I may as well stay up and keep working on my new design so it won't be long till its up.

@Alien_X - Good tip, I'll do that next.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 02:31:49 PM »
Its just ticked over to 6am here so I may as well stay up and keep working on my new design so it won't be long till its up.
You dont have to change it

And besides im updating my website soon, completly different look

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 11:05:12 PM »
nice job vox it is about time you make it. too long enough.

I need to get a hold of you i have been meaning too but i had to buckle down to finish the semester and try to pass my classes and them got stuck with another class out of the blue to keep from getting academic suspension.

email me when you get a chance

Offline VoX

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 09:21:41 AM »
Redone design + Coding . Check it out now and tell me what you think : http://www.lexicongfx.net/portfolio/index.html

Offline JumpFalcon

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 02:44:18 PM »
All your text is displayed as images and table layouts are a wee bit 1999.

Otherwise, some very cool artwork, I love the Vista wallpaper! (ノ^_^)ノ

This site offers a very good way of checking browser compatibility/ quality of web design.

cosmetic mods... :censored: 'em

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 02:59:27 PM »
Redone design + Coding . Check it out now and tell me what you think : http://www.lexicongfx.net/portfolio/index.html

Nice, although you didnt have to change it just because it was like mine

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline VoX

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 04:02:11 PM »
All your text is displayed as images and table layouts are a wee bit 1999.

Otherwise, some very cool artwork, I love the Vista wallpaper! (ノ^_^)ノ

This site offers a very good way of checking browser compatibility/ quality of web design.

1. You obviously didn't check out the whole site, Both the services and contact page's text is done in HTML and CSS. The front page is like that because I want to keep nice effects and anti-aliased custom fonts to keep my front page looking clean. I'd really appreciate it if you didn't just take one look and come to a conclusion. :)

@ Phen, ahhh forget it. I stayed up all night yet again and I needed something to keep my mind going and I ended up learning a bit more about CSS

« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 04:09:40 PM by VoX »

Offline JumpFalcon

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 04:10:54 PM »
You could try sifr maybe? And not be so sarky when people are trying to suggest improvements.

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 04:32:48 PM »
You could try sifr maybe? And not be so sarky when people are trying to suggest improvements.

1. Suggestions are ebst given by people of equl or greater talent, Are you of equal or greater talent?
2. How can that be clasified as an improvement if what you said wasn't correct,  What you thought was sarcasm can't be if it was a correction of your inability to fully check the site, Thus correcting you, Thus making your posts nothign but spam, Is that what you are, spam?
3. Vox has been up for over 72 hours straight, he has put sweat, blood and tears into every graphical endeavour he partook in.

SO i leave you with this thought, what was your need in posting at all?

Offline JumpFalcon

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 04:52:26 PM »
Suggestions are best given when someone knows a way to possibly improve the situation. And I do know a thing or two about web design, I did teach myself it for a long time and study it for 2 years.

And what wasn't correct? Am I mistaken in the fact that all the text on the page he linked too is shown in images? I appreciate that he has put a lot of work into it but I think it can be improved a but more. None of the text on the front page can be scaled for people who can't see very well, similarly people who use text based browsers (which a lot of people do, before anyone starts) can't read it because the images don't have alt attributes.

If you think that suggesting ideas to improve someone's hard work even more to make it even better and a greater representation of their skills and efforts is spam, then you clearly have a very negative view of people's intentions.

If you do feel offended by my suggestions and comments VoX: I apologise, but I really am trying to help you make it even greater than it already is. There's a lot I could say that is extremely good about it's design but they are simply too common to list.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 04:56:32 PM by JumpFalcon »

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 03:32:41 AM »
The first page was jsut text within images, agreed, however both the services and contact paghe were done in HTML and CSS, that is where you are wrong, You only looked at the first page and formed a conclusion.

You can say you've taught yourself web design and studied it for 2 years, FIne no problem, but wheres the proof of your ability?

Also, Firefox 3 has a zoom function, and Mobile based browsers tend to have a zoom functioning as if the website was a pdf file.

To reiterate, youre telling him to do somethign which he has already done so it is not giving him a suggestion to improve. thats spam, and to say I have a negative view of peopel's intention is a load of bollocks, no my scepticality of you comes from the fact you think you are better than people and that you are too stubborn to admit that you caused an argument based on your own negligence, you never viewed the whole site and told him to do soemthing he already had done, How many times do i hjave to say it before you'll understand?

@Vox - I canm see why you left the first page as an image, It gives the page a cleaner look, Nice technique.

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 09:44:27 AM »
Not wanting to start an argument here  :boxed:

How many professional sites have text in images?

Just a thought for the day.

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline VoX

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2009, 07:53:18 PM »
Not wanting to start an argument here  :boxed:

How many professional sites have text in images?

Just a thought for the day.

hehe, Know exactly what you mean. I'm redoing the design in a CSS layout with HTML text etc. to see how it looks.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 07:59:11 PM »
That looks pretty awesome. Some of your sigs are sweet :) Thinking I'm gonna need a website when I start doing modding locally and I have no clue about setting up websites/html, etc. O_O Any suggestions?

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline VoX

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2009, 11:47:48 PM »
That looks pretty awesome. Some of your sigs are sweet :) Thinking I'm gonna need a website when I start doing modding locally and I have no clue about setting up websites/html, etc. O_O Any suggestions?

Reading up about HTML and doing some test designs will help a lot. I haven't done much of this but I thats how I got to do what I did.

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2009, 01:42:46 AM »

If you are doing local modding why do you need a world-wide-website?

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal