Author Topic: Ring of light mod colour = Blue  (Read 1481 times)

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Ring of light mod colour = Blue
« on: January 09, 2009, 06:17:31 AM »
Hey guys,

I thought my 360 looked lonely and sad with its green ring of light and wanted to be like the controller. So I swapped them :), also planning to do a paint job (faceplate currently under cosmetic surgery lol) Well here are some pics.

I was also planning on getting the talismoon whisper fans with the LED's but you can't really see it unless you have a crystal case.....can you ?

Thanks guys

« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 03:41:28 AM by Max_Kreeger »

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
Re: 360 ring of light mod. Colour = Blue
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 06:42:24 AM »
Looks pretty good. yup whisper fans arent really going to give you much of a lighting effect with the OEM case.  Probably ur efforts would be better spent on a window and some LEDs.

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 06:46:40 AM »
Thanks, I can always count on you for a quick and informative reply. But I'm not to keen about cutting up my case...well I guess I can always buy another off eBay. Also can those extra LED's get you banned ? It shouldn't, right ? Sorry for the noob question just REALLY paranoid about these things

Thanks again
Max

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 12:42:56 PM »
HAHAHA, yup I am on the internet almost all day so I tend to lurk.

No, LEDs wont get you banned as long as you pull your power from a tried and true spot.  In the past I have told people that there is a possibility that drawing more power can get you banned, which still stands, but it is so unlikely that if it has happened, only one of thousands and thousands of people with fans and LEDs have been banned.

There are tons of people on here with fans and LEDs in there xbox that use them on live and have never had a problem.

Dont be sorry, there is no such thing as dumb questions, just dumb answers.....................

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 06:43:46 PM »
I'm still deciding on whether to cut the case or not, hmmmm....well IF I screw up I can always by the clear case from eBay and put the fans in anyway :P Yup I'm going to do it ! What do you suggest I put over the whole to make the window ? Because my LCD monitor for it sits on top.

Thanks again
Max

Offline FooToo

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 01:47:15 PM »
use Plexiglas about a 1/4 inch should do ya.
look online for tutorials there all over the place ^_^

Offline Tross2008

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 08:42:46 AM »
hey if you deside you dont want to cut your case and get a clear one instead i would be interested in your old case.

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: UPDATE: Paint job-video (13-01-2009) [Ring of light mod. Colour = Blue]
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 05:27:13 AM »
Nah, I made a deal with myself, that if I screwed up the paint job I would cut, or buy a clear one. But it all went well. So I'm not cutting or buying a new one. But in case I do decide to get the clear one. I'll let you know.

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 05:37:12 AM »
HAHAHA, yup I am on the internet almost all day so I tend to lurk.

No, LEDs wont get you banned as long as you pull your power from a tried and true spot.  In the past I have told people that there is a possibility that drawing more power can get you banned, which still stands, but it is so unlikely that if it has happened, only one of thousands and thousands of people with fans and LEDs have been banned.

untill his boss rolls around XD

There are tons of people on here with fans and LEDs in there xbox that use them on live and have never had a problem.

Dont be sorry, there is no such thing as dumb questions, just dumb answers.....................
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal