Author Topic: Are Magic Memory Files Permanent?  (Read 1352 times)

Offline noobpsphacker

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
Are Magic Memory Files Permanent?
« on: January 18, 2009, 04:11:36 PM »
I have a magic memory stick. I lost it though. Hopelessly lost. I've been searching for days. So I decided to make another one.

When I first hacked my PSP, I had a magic memory stick, and once I was done, the memory stick was still usable for things like homebrew, themes, etc.

When I got a full-brick, I had formatted my magic memory stick since I first used to to flash 3.80 M33-5. So I had to make it into a magic memory stick again. As soon as it was unbricked, I had a semi-brick. I didn't do anything to it. I entered the date and time, then the system froze. I turned it off and on and it froze at the coldboot. I formatted Flash1 in recovery and the semi-brick was gone.

Anytime I put in the magic memory stick, it would freeze at the coldboot and I'd have to format flash1 again. Anytime I put in a pandora battery it would function perfectly as a magic memory stick.

It was all on the same card, which I've lost. I've got a 16gb stick now, and I don't want to make it into a magic memory stick in case it wont work like a normal one ever again. If I make my friend's 1gb Sony card into a magic memory stick, will he be able to use it ever again? Or will I be able to make it function normally? Or was that freezing at the coldboot thing abnormal and the stick should function fine after it becomes magic?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 04:14:00 PM by noobpsphacker »

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Are Magic Memory Files Permanent?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 01:32:14 AM »
yes it will be able tn be normal just format the card and it would work.

Quote from: Jumbo
I herd you like stealing quotes ey?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal