Author Topic: call of duty world at war. wont read disk  (Read 2979 times)

Offline Tross2008

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
call of duty world at war. wont read disk
« on: January 26, 2009, 10:16:58 AM »
i bought call of duty waw the day it came out. worked great untill now. i put the disk in and the xbox says please insert disk in to an xbox 360 or it will say its a mulimedia disk. anyone know what is going on? i have put it through a disk cleaner and still nothing. please help...... thank you

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
Re: call of duty world at war. wont read disk
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 11:08:51 AM »
i think your 360 got a e74 error or somthing of the like.
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline Tross2008

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 11:32:24 AM »
whats an e74 error?? my xbox will read every other game i have just not call of duty waw. its not scratched at all. what can i do to fix it?

Offline untamedcheetah

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 09:19:34 PM »
my original xbox did this, not the 360, it stopped being able to read mech assault, which then progressed to include the rest of the games in my possession like halo...it was a problem with the disk reader, not the disk, I have a feeling you may be experiencing a similar situation currently.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 10:50:54 AM »
99% of the time this happens, it is the fault of your 360. and it is caused by your disk drive on its way out. not E74 (E74 is a scaler chip problem, scaler chip is smaller chip located in the back near the av terminal.) tyipically this happens slowly and will get progresively worse with time, and unfortunatly MS wont fix this under warranty.

however, you say all your other games work as normal with no other instances of this message (the white screen that says "if you want to play this game put it into a xbox 360" in multipule languages, (why would the 360 even be programed to say such a thing??)) 

there could be like a .001% chance somehow some of the coding got erased from the disk, and the xbox will not reconize it, but this is highly unlikely

test the xbox for error codes...turn it on, hold sinc, and press the eject button, the ring of light will show a set of lights, count them, this is the first of four in the error code, without letting go of the sinc button press egect agian for the second digit......etc.  then find out what the code means herehttps://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=21654.0
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 10:55:04 AM by modded matt »

Offline Tross2008

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 08:48:00 PM »
ok so i took my disk to my friends house and it dont work. this kinda makes me happy that my xbox is working good but also pisses me off that i have to buy a 60 dollar game over again

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 05:47:17 AM »
thay is amazing, consider yourself very lucky!!! better $60 then $200 LOL

besides, cod4 is only $25 and its older but still the better game

Offline Tross2008

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 09:10:12 PM »
ya i got call of duty 4 about a month after it came out. maybe i can finish making it to the tenth prestige. im half way there

Offline Stokey

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 08:58:12 AM »
I hate prestiging, its so long haha. But if im honest i always want to jsut keep going and going

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal