Author Topic: LCD Problem?  (Read 1724 times)

Offline JUGGALOO

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
LCD Problem?
« on: January 28, 2009, 03:09:18 PM »
Having a problem with my screen.Intermittenly it will have a matrix effect from left to right then go blank.The backlight stays on and you can still here sound.Some times it does it in a few minutes some times several.After it does it just I shut it down then repower it on and it will work again.

Offline vladstir

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: LCD Problem?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 08:35:17 PM »
This is a common problem for psps that have been dropped. the problem is with a loose connection between the GPU and motherboard. Here is a link to the thread that you are looking for: https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=25040.0

Offline JUGGALOO

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 01:56:14 PM »
I'll give that a try thanks.

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 04:13:53 PM »
This is a common problem for psps that have been dropped. the problem is with a loose connection between the GPU and motherboard. Here is a link to the thread that you are looking for: https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=25040.0

Thats actually quite hard to do =\

Offline vladstir

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 09:55:25 AM »
Thats actually quite hard to do =\
when ever i got psps with these kind of problems i just swapped in new motherboards and resold the old motherboards for repair

Offline JUGGALOO

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 01:15:25 PM »
Did the ghetto tape trick and now it's working good again.Got another mobo on the way.Have 2  other psps anyway but was going to sell this 1 then it started acting up.

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 08:24:32 PM »
when ever i got psps with these kind of problems i just swapped in new motherboards and resold the old motherboards for repair
Wtf that's just swapping motherboards... I thought you were talking about replacing the IC/reconnecting it.

Offline JUGGALOO

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 05:37:35 PM »
Didn't replace the mobo yet put some tape folded a couple times under the lcd over the IC and it woeks again.

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 08:14:09 PM »
Well if there's no need to replace it then you mite as well not worry about replacing it.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 08:18:50 PM »
Wtf that's just swapping motherboards... I thought you were talking about replacing the IC/reconnecting it.

He wasn't. He was just saying that it's a common problem, and that there is bad contact between the gpu and mobo.

Also Juggaloo, don't count on it working permanently. It's like the 360 RRoD fix. It'll fix it for a while, but then it'll come back eventually.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline vladstir

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 08:46:07 PM »
that depends on how "sensitive" the video ic is. (how loose the connection is between the mobo and the IC) The IC does not need to be replace it needs to be reworked. the problem with that is that alot of ppl dont have a hot air rework system. I dont even have one so that is why i swap mobos if i cant get video to work with the tape trick

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 11:02:37 PM »
that depends on how "sensitive" the video ic is. (how loose the connection is between the mobo and the IC) The IC does not need to be replace it needs to be reworked. the problem with that is that alot of ppl dont have a hot air rework system. I dont even have one so that is why i swap mobos if i cant get video to work with the tape trick
That's quite costly though. How much is a hot air rework system? on average.

Offline vladstir

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 10:00:11 AM »
How much is a hot air rework system? on average.
Like 100-200 dollars. too much for me since i dont know hot to use it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal