Author Topic: Why I hate L4D  (Read 2033 times)

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Why I hate L4D
« on: February 02, 2009, 09:10:21 AM »
I paid about £30 for this game, terrible game. They was meant to take out the best and most favourite parts of online games and put them together, so thats zombies, no faults and you can play with your mates. Although all they have seemed to do is, faults, lies and a stupid system.

I cant get my money back, im extremly unsatisfied with the game... Worst £30 spent ever... Could of bought an external HDD with that, or the Alfa Card.

Why is it bad?
Stupid System
- You cant play with the people who have it on 360... Many other games you can, so that means I cant play with my friends... Only one
- You cant pick a server, so your always gonna end up with a crappy one
- Its extremely difficult compared to CSS to play with your friends, heres why, No matter who starts the server, the leader always gets either kicked, or it doesnt load the server, even worse, Valve are too lazy to add a cancel button so I have to restart the whole game, by then, ive already missed all the action.
- Half the servers are messed up, like when you join, you cant open the safe door... So its a useless server
- If you are like me, a loner at home playing pc games, when you join a server with other people, its just full of mingebags who just ban you (You only need atleast 2 people to ban somebody...)

Lies
- Downloadable content, they said they will add it at the end of January, its already February and theres no downloadable content...
- Each experience with the game will be completely different, just because the pills are on the shelf next to where it was the previous time doesnt make it a WHOLE different experience...
- It will have no bugs, as We, Valve do not want anymore bugs. Theres more bugs in L4D than a rainforest

Faults
- As said above, randomly doesnt let me start servers
- Acheivements doesnt work properly, I killed the witch in one hit, I dont get 'crowned', and I killed tank alone, I didnt get 'Man VS Tank'
- I get stuck in the ground all the time... As If the floor was covered in instant super glue
- Tanks ONLY go after me.. Im fed up with this, For example, 6 tanks per Level, EVERYSINGLE ONE!!! Will go after me first and make sure Im dead before attempting to attack the rest, no matter if they are right infront of it and im still at spawn etc
- Many, Many bugs (Emphisis on many)

There are many other reasons why I dislike the game. I know there are gonna be some people that are going to be like "Your a jackass if you think this!", then tell me one good thing about it...

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: Why I hate L4D
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 01:23:51 PM »
You obviously have it installed improperly or don't have everything to play.

My friend, her dad, and her 3 siblings all have no problems playing it, all on different computers. I was perfect playing on my LAPTOP.
Also my 360 version is good, but that's different.

The gameplay IS completely different each time, the zombie tactics and such are erratic and spontaneous and completely random, if you didn't catch that.

Offline PsychoticWolf

• C.H.A.O.S Where art Thou.
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 02:06:40 PM »
Tanks come after you Cause your Team Mates Suck... The game keeps track of every ones status. if your Doing well you will get most of the action if your Sucking and always getting hurt and your shooting becomes erratic and you miss your shots the the AI director will ease them off you and Focus more on your team mates till your settled down. sure Weapons & pills and Health packs spawn in different Places makes it More challenging. I always Get tanks on me But they are easy to take down Only time I have seen 6 tanks is on expert. I run in to on average 3 witches and 3 tanks, during the final events you will run in to 5 tanks+ depending how long it takes you to get to the chopper,Boat,APC,Plane. For the Crowned Achievement you have to Sneak up behind her with a shotgun and aim between the Neck and Head and Shoot. as its the only way to get a head shot. and the man vs tank Make sure your Team mates arnt Shooting. use the semi auto shot gun and Unload on his head whilst running backwards works every time.

Oh and Also.

If any zombie spots you, Your there primary target they wont stop till your dead or they are dead. same with Tanks and Smokers and Hunters. you can grab there attention if you do More damage.  and Yes Game Play IS Different each time. oh and the music you are hearing isnt the same as Im hearing while playing the Music AI director makes the atmosphere different for every one each time.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 02:10:27 PM by PsychoticWolf »

For the awesome Sigs Thanks goes to: Blazinkaos, Chef Boyardee
O o
/¯/________________________/
{ IMMA FIRIN' MA LAZAAAAAR!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass
RyanF: you want me to lick your crusty old buns dont you?
2/20/2012 at 08:55:34 PM

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 02:12:57 PM »
Well if you really don't like it try the Orange Box.

Random I know, but you got 3 HL2 games, Portal, (which is wicked) and TF2, which is a really kick ass fps online multiplayer.

Valve has been updating TF2, so its really good.

I think it'd be about the same price.

Sooooo if you by chance have JUST L4D on your steam account, sell the game with your account, change the email, and make a new steam account.

More of an idea just being thrown out,

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 03:06:23 PM »
You obviously have it installed improperly or don't have everything to play.

My friend, her dad, and her 3 siblings all have no problems playing it, all on different computers. I was perfect playing on my LAPTOP.
Also my 360 version is good, but that's different.

The gameplay IS completely different each time, the zombie tactics and such are erratic and spontaneous and completely random, if you didn't catch that.

Its installed just fine, even checked the MD5 hash... Yes i know.. i took it a bit far

It happens with everybody I play with

Tanks come after you Cause your Team Mates Suck... The game keeps track of every ones status. if your Doing well you will get most of the action if your Sucking and always getting hurt and your shooting becomes erratic and you miss your shots the the AI director will ease them off you and Focus more on your team mates till your settled down. sure Weapons & pills and Health packs spawn in different Places makes it More challenging. I always Get tanks on me But they are easy to take down Only time I have seen 6 tanks is on expert. I run in to on average 3 witches and 3 tanks, during the final events you will run in to 5 tanks+ depending how long it takes you to get to the chopper,Boat,APC,Plane. For the Crowned Achievement you have to Sneak up behind her with a shotgun and aim between the Neck and Head and Shoot. as its the only way to get a head shot. and the man vs tank Make sure your Team mates arnt Shooting. use the semi auto shot gun and Unload on his head whilst running backwards works every time.

Oh and Also.

If any zombie spots you, Your there primary target they wont stop till your dead or they are dead. same with Tanks and Smokers and Hunters. you can grab there attention if you do More damage.  and Yes Game Play IS Different each time. oh and the music you are hearing isnt the same as Im hearing while playing the Music AI director makes the atmosphere different for every one each time.
So it sucks to play good? Plus it even happens when I join a server, my player is dead, and they rescue me, and I didnt even kill any zombies yet, its as if my account is rigged to be attacked

And the time I got the crowned, thats what I did, all my team mates were dead (Because they keep shoting me, then got knocked down by hunter and Im like "Thats what you get..." and I run off. Same with tank, all my team mates were dead, I just set it on fire, shot it a few times and it died, no acheivement

And with the different experience, there isnt much different about each experience, the infected spawn in 'Slightly' (Emphisis on slightly) different places, like a few meters away or so

Also this happened yesterday... I was walking with Zoey (Bill and Francis died) and a witch just comes screaming at us, and we didnt hear crying or anything and we didnt startle it, and obviously... it goes for me...

But basically, whenever I play, I dont notice a change in experience

Also to make it worse, wow, 4 maps!... The only reason I still play TF2 and CSS is because more maps, I think the originals get boring very quickly. But no!!! Valve make it 'noob-friendly' and dont make an SDK...

Thats the reason why Valve games are so popular, you can make cool maps, but then they just go and ruin it

Well if you really don't like it try the Orange Box.

Random I know, but you got 3 HL2 games, Portal, (which is wicked) and TF2, which is a really kick ass fps online multiplayer.

Valve has been updating TF2, so its really good.

I think it'd be about the same price.

Sooooo if you by chance have JUST L4D on your steam account, sell the game with your account, change the email, and make a new steam account.

More of an idea just being thrown out,
Ive had orange box for years

To make it worse, i bought L4D day before the sale, if I waited a few minutes (I bought it a few mins before midnight) I woulda saved like £10

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 03:23:46 PM »
Well then looks like you're doomed to suck. If you don't want it, then sell it. It's a great game and no one but you has these problems.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 02:05:53 AM »
Well then looks like you're doomed to suck. If you don't want it, then sell it. It's a great game and no one but you has these problems.
I cant sell it, I have loads of games on my steam and google these things, loads of people has these problems

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 12:47:52 PM »
No one I know, and I know a decent amount with this game.

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 02:09:41 PM »
could it be thaat the UK servers suck?
and your possibly trying to connect to the US hosts?

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 11:39:56 PM »
could it be thaat the UK servers suck?
and your possibly trying to connect to the US hosts?
Most likely, making it worse vavle doesnt even let you choose servers so its quite stupid. Plus the just send you to a random server, so you have to go by their rules and play with their 'mods', and the safedoors not being unlocked is not a mod...

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 04:36:10 AM »
L4D is a god damn blast to play. Well maybe you should start making some friends that own L4D as well, and then play with them on a local server (The game starters PC) and not on a dedicated server, get your :censored:y ass on Skype or Teamspeak and go nuts, because you won't believe how much fun it can be if you can work in a team. Also the director thing is awesome, I was once running on 5hp and constantly loosing more hp, and the director spawned a health kit on a shelf when I was on 1hp. Close call I'd say.

Also about the OMG WITCH GOES AFTER ME BAWWW stuff, she will ALWAYS go after the closest person, so does the tank and so on, but you can flee and send a team mate into the fight, the Tank will stop going after you.

God damnit grow some nuts.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline 123sample

• Registered BST
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 06:55:18 AM »
Yea, that's right you need your own team,

Last time I played with very coop team, we died at the beginning, so good,

I decided to make 1, now I got, not bad pretty good

I think this game will be better with tactics, try other different spot

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 09:23:47 AM »
L4D is a god damn blast to play. Well maybe you should start making some friends that own L4D as well, and then play with them on a local server (The game starters PC) and not on a dedicated server, get your :censored:y ass on Skype or Teamspeak and go nuts, because you won't believe how much fun it can be if you can work in a team. Also the director thing is awesome, I was once running on 5hp and constantly loosing more hp, and the director spawned a health kit on a shelf when I was on 1hp. Close call I'd say.

Also about the OMG WITCH GOES AFTER ME BAWWW stuff, she will ALWAYS go after the closest person, so does the tank and so on, but you can flee and send a team mate into the fight, the Tank will stop going after you.

God damnit grow some nuts.
Ive tried looking on the steam communititys a while back for some clans I could join, unfortunatly, all of my age group that play L4D play it on 360, and my mum doesnt allow me to give consoles :(   (Some reason she doesnt think PC, PSP and DS are consoles though lol)

And the witch and tank problem, they chase me, even when im the furthest away, I even got my mate to test it, so he goes way infront, in an alley way (No Mercy) and a tank appears, it runs down towards the alley, my mate just stands in the way in the alley, and im still inside, it runs straight pass my friend (While he shots it and sets it on fire) and goes after me....

Lets just say the director doesnt like me some reason...

But I think its because all my kills are headshots (Sorry, i play CSS very competitively)

Also have you ever seen 2 witches directly next to each other? I was in dead air, everybody on my team was dead, and there is a part where you have to pull the crane thing, there was a witch next to where the crate goes and one next to the handle...

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline PsychoticWolf

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 12:10:19 PM »
Ive tried looking on the steam communititys a while back for some clans I could join, unfortunatly, all of my age group that play L4D play it on 360, and my mum doesnt allow me to give consoles :(   (Some reason she doesnt think PC, PSP and DS are consoles though lol)

And the witch and tank problem, they chase me, even when im the furthest away, I even got my mate to test it, so he goes way infront, in an alley way (No Mercy) and a tank appears, it runs down towards the alley, my mate just stands in the way in the alley, and im still inside, it runs straight pass my friend (While he shots it and sets it on fire) and goes after me....

Lets just say the director doesnt like me some reason...

But I think its because all my kills are headshots (Sorry, i play CSS very competitively)

Also have you ever seen 2 witches directly next to each other? I was in dead air, everybody on my team was dead, and there is a part where you have to pull the crane thing, there was a witch next to where the crate goes and one next to the handle...

To be honest it sounds like your playing it on advance or expert.. even so, on  advance and expert My whole team isn't dead. one may be dieing but not dead. Its called Team Work. Never Walk ahead of your Group always stay together and for Finales make sure you do thing in pairs of 2. trust me.

O o
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 12:55:37 PM »
We played this at a tourney here about a week ago, 150 or so kids all jumping in and out with each other on Steam, only one with a problem was the kid who couldn't get his cracked copy to work.  It's all about joining up with some people, and there ARE people out there looking for good team mates.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 01:58:05 PM »
To be honest it sounds like your playing it on advance or expert.. even so, on  advance and expert My whole team isn't dead. one may be dieing but not dead. Its called Team Work. Never Walk ahead of your Group always stay together and for Finales make sure you do thing in pairs of 2. trust me.
Whenever I play, other people have a habit of camping in a room waiting for no reason... ALL THE TIME, its like on the UK servers, nobody knows how to play the game apart from me

I always play it on expert, as its challenging enough, as the others are too easy, but lately whenever I play, i run into many glitches etc

We played this at a tourney here about a week ago, 150 or so kids all jumping in and out with each other on Steam, only one with a problem was the kid who couldn't get his cracked copy to work.  It's all about joining up with some people, and there ARE people out there looking for good team mates.
Unfortunatly, whoever i play with, they have never heard of the name, the shoot me sometimes, if I steal their kill, or I shoot a hunter off them and it hurts them... which usually ends up killing me since they come up to my face with a shotgun

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline PsychoticWolf

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 06:07:21 PM »
The first L4D DLC — dubbed the L4D Survival Pack -- is due for release this spring and introduces a new multiplayer game mode entitled, Survival, plus two complete campaigns for Versus Mode . A Critic's Choice Edition of the game will be heading to retail stores this spring, and will include access to all the content introduced in the L4D: Survival Pack.

In addition, for PC gamers and aspiring developers, the first Left 4 Dead release for the Source Software Development Kit (Source SDK) will allow the creation of custom Left 4 Dead campaigns that will be discoverable via L4D's matchmaking system. The SDK update is also due for release this spring, and is free of charge to all owners of L4D on the PC.

O o

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal