Author Topic: PSP Controller problem, Need help.  (Read 3080 times)

Offline dieselj

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PSP Controller problem, Need help.
« on: February 15, 2009, 05:46:55 AM »
Hi. New here, and im sorry if i posted in the wrong area, but didnt find any propriate place to put this. Anyway, heres my problem.

I have a phat, and i did a full back and front replacement. Everything seemed to be working fine when i was done. Then i did a Led Trigger mod. Everything seemed to be good then as well, but when i start a game that use the analog stick, i get top and left input. That means if i start for instance a game where you walk around with the character, the character will walk top/left on the screen.

Im not 100% sure its the analog stick, but when i have the PSP open and press the rubber connector to the analog stick, i get other input. I also can use the normal controllers to override the top/left input sometimes. Like in menues, when i start a game, the top choice is always selected. I press down on the arrows, and it goes back to the top choice. Why i dont believe its the normal arrows is because it acts normal in the XMB and since i normaly cant use the analog in XMB, i should guess its the analog that is the problem.

I opened up the psp once again, took away the arrow-controll board, and it still acts up....I also took away the rubber connector to the analog, but it still acts up. What i mean is that i used the PSP with as few connected controller options as possible.

Any suggestions to this? Would appreciate help alot! :D

Offline pspupgrade

• Club AM VIP
  • King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bother Bother Bother
    • PSP Upgrade
Re: PSP Controller problem, Need help.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 10:15:22 AM »
Hi. Welcome to AcidMods  :clap:
Yes, ideally this topic should go in the PSP section further down on the main page.
 Have you made sure that everything, especially on the analog side, is firmly intact. At the moment I'm working on a gold PSP, and when I first tested the analog, It had the same problem because it wasn't far down enough. When
you are using the analog stick, use your thumb and apply some pressure and see if it has any effect.
It's the basics that bring us down.

Offline centerside

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I lost my orginial acount..
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 11:06:21 PM »
Also happened to me, but mine was a s problem alot simpler hehe, but what I did is to inspect my PSP with out dissmantling it and found 2 screws (on the back that can be accessed already) did not catch the face plate itself, so it's jsut being held there with no pressure at all, so I tightened it up and then the PSP worked fine after :D
Just a Fan haha

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 04:38:37 AM »
I am sorry, I dont have much PSP experiance, but I do have a bit electronics knowledge. it seems one of two things could be happining here. 1) something is in the way of the conects, and pushing on the terninal, making it register as movement?? and loose wire or something.. 2) could be a short somewhere solder splash or what not??and the PSP dosnt know how to deal with it?? dont know I will move you to the correct section so maybe someone there can help

Offline mastapsp

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 02:20:21 AM »
common problem, the alignment is off, whenever removing the faceplate go to the internet browser to make sure the stick works, usually taking the face plate off and putting it back on and tightening it all the way will fix it

Offline mootoo

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 04:30:05 PM »
Maybe U loose this little conductor

hmmm?
It should be  between analog and mobo.

Offline juust0_

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ;woot modder
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 10:57:28 PM »
This is pretty common. I just added a bit solder to analog stick connect points and now it works great.
PSP History

4 PSP Phats
1 Silver Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal