Author Topic: quick question  (Read 3533 times)

Offline tapdisbong

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
quick question
« on: February 21, 2009, 09:08:47 AM »
I was looking at the internal camera mod the pictures are not showing up, is it possible if somebody can upload another tutorial for it, and another question is it possible to have a internal gps using the psp's gps ?

Offline rgarjr

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: quick question
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 10:27:41 AM »
The GPS seems a bit large to try and fit, but its probably do-able.  Also, keep in mind when you place that receiver inside on top of the mobo, it may cause EMI making hard to get a signal.

Offline TheZap

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Music Is My Soul
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 11:25:33 AM »
I was looking at the internal camera mod the pictures are not showing up
Same here dude, I looked it up and the pictures wont work...

Offline tapdisbong

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 03:59:00 PM »
ya i was thinking that same thing with the gps, but i'm looking to do the internal camera mod rite now.

Offline pspupgrade

• Club AM VIP
  • King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bother Bother Bother
    • PSP Upgrade
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 12:27:48 AM »
Well, for the GPS thing, instead of splashing out frankly too much cash, you could try this method at this address. That would be quite a lot cheaper, and if you're sacrificing your UMD drive, it would be quite a good fit in there.
It's the basics that bring us down.

Offline gamerdude767

• Blogs & Media Member
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 03:28:07 AM »
I was looking at the internal camera mod the pictures are not showing up, is it possible if somebody can upload another tutorial for it, and another question is it possible to have a internal gps using the psp's gps ?

all you need to do for the internal cam is dremel a hole in you case, then solder a piece of wire to each of the usb pins...

then solder the wire to each of the cams usb pins. place you cam in the hole you dremeled out then hot glue it in place, route you wires in the umd door and bam you done :)

correct me if im wrong but i think thats how you do it..

Quote from: H-Sauce
**Long Pause**........
Yup, thats better than balloons

Offline tapdisbong

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 11:40:13 AM »
o0o0  looks good, i have to try it out soon but the dam camera is like 80$

Offline rgarjr

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 12:23:29 PM »
yeah the price on these cams are ridiculous, almost the price as the PSP  :angry:

Offline tapdisbong

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 06:20:47 PM »
focalprice has them for 49.99 and now there sols out...dam..

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 11:52:53 PM »
I believe there's also a switch required to be glued down to ensure the camera image is oriented right.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline rgarjr

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 11:56:29 PM »
Are the picture even descent quality on the chotto?  I mean, if you're gonna go thru all that hard work of modding it, I would think it would be nice to have a descent cam. 

But yeah I've seen a few modders shove that sucker beneath the Memory Stick reader. 

U guys know why there's 5 pins on the usb connector?  I mean on usb theres only 4 wires, ground, d+, d-, and 5v.  I'm maybe there's 5V on there to power up the cam.  Or how does it get power from?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 12:56:09 AM by rgarjr »

Offline pspupgrade

• Club AM VIP
  • King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bother Bother Bother
    • PSP Upgrade
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 12:08:03 AM »
Are the picture even descent quality on the chotto?  I mean, if you're gonna go thru all that hard work of modding it, I would think it would be nice to have a descent cam. 

But yeah I've seen a few modders shove that sucker beneath the Memory Stick reader. 

Quality should overall look like this:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MUpvgDiX1Z8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MUpvgDiX1Z8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Also, here's a demo of how it's previously been done on AcidMods:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/E-rPwQiGi3w&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/E-rPwQiGi3w&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
BTW, on this video the camera is on the top right. That thing in the middle is a speaker.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 12:11:19 AM by pspupgrade »
It's the basics that bring us down.

Offline rgarjr

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 01:36:29 AM »
I drew up a diagram on a thought on how it would be possible to do the switching.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 01:28:21 AM by rgarjr »

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 06:08:32 AM »
That seems possible.
The cam gets it's power from the two gold contacts on either side of the psp's USB connector.
And yesthere is a switch to glue down, or you can just solder the wires together to keep the orientation.

This seems like it would be an overall benificial mod to me. I mean, if you can get a camera in there without taking out the umd drive, why not? Then you can take pictures whenever.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline rgarjr

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 10:17:37 AM »
Do you know how much voltage those 2 pins are feeding the camera?  If that's then the case (camera getting it's power from 2 outer side pins) then you only need to solder the D- and D+ on the connector and then get the power from somewhere else.

What I'm wondering also is, can't you just switch the ground on the camera and just have the D- and D+ connected in parallel.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 10:39:29 AM by rgarjr »

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 04:06:00 PM »
Probably 3.6. I'm not entirely sure though. I tries to use my multimeter on it but I could not get the power coming out of them long enough for the multimeter to get a reading. The only way I could get power out was to click on the camera button in the xmb and wait.

Offline rgarjr

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 04:49:17 PM »
Well I don't have a camera yet, but I just probed those 2 gold contacts with my meter and is nothing there.  So yeah it must be activated.  If that is the case then, I'm wondering if you even need a switch.  Maybe you can just simply connect the D-, and D+ from the chotto to the usb connector, then connect your power to the cam. 

Just ordered one of those cams to do some playing with. 

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 05:18:36 PM by rgarjr »

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 10:29:39 PM »
well the psp only outputs power to those pins when it is in camera mode. You can test this: hold a led to the two contacts on the sides of the USB and then click the camera button in the xmb. The led should light up for a second or two and then turn off when the psp realizes that there is no camera.

Thats what I was saying, I tried to hook my multimeter to the pins instead of the LEDs but the meter dosent have time to get a reading before the power to the pins shuts back off.

I guessed that the pins output 3.6 volts because the led I attached didn't seem over bright or over powered but just perfect. The LEDs were rated for 3.6-4v.

Offline rgarjr

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 11:02:41 PM »
I also sat an LED on those pins and and went into camera mode and it lid up for like 2 seconds.  I also measured the voltage across the LED with my meter and was around 3.25V. 

Well if that's the scenario then how about soldering the data cables from the chotto directly to the usb connector, then grabbing 3.3V or whatever those pins output from somewhere, then just use the ground from either the wifi or hold button to bring the camera live. 

So whenever you want to use the camera just flip the switch.  When you don't want to use the camera and use the usb connection for transfer, since the camera is not turned on, it wont matter that the data lines are in parallel.

I'm just throwing out some ideas until i get mine cam.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 11:33:48 PM by rgarjr »

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009, 06:00:36 AM »
I'm not sure if that would work or not. Sounds like it should. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal