Author Topic: Plans for my new PSP  (Read 8341 times)

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
Plans for my new PSP
« on: March 04, 2009, 08:00:50 PM »
This is going to epic when it is all finished. I plan to keep it for awhile if everything works out then sell on eBay (maybe) I have to see how much I like it when I am done lol  :laughing:

it is going to have 3 sound reactive white LEDs in the UMD door and 3 orange sound LEDs in the door, white controlled by hold, and orange controlled by Wlan, also 2 sound LEDs (orange) in the triggers. It will have a port to plug in a PS2 controller with a ipod plug, a custom halo 3 jewel, custom Master Chief vector artwork, grunge and bullet holes artwork, gold/bronze UMD ring, gold/bronze buttons, black trim. MAYBE dual analogs if I can fit it in. I want to also do the internal chotto shot, but I simply can't afford the camera. Oh, but I will also try to squish in an internal MIC. 

Designs:

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: Plans for my new PSP
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 08:05:40 PM »
Good luck. That will be friggin difficult.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 08:08:55 PM »
wow, good luck man  :hifive: It will be alot of work
I dont think the controller will happen tho, im sorry  :wacko: but good luck on trying it
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 08:10:45 PM »
haha yes that will be very difficult but if you plan to sell it you wont make that much correct me if im wrong but adding the cost of the psp and parts plus tools it will add up to more then people want to pay for it. But good luck

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 08:12:08 PM »
wow... um good luck, post pics along the way and keep us updated.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 08:21:37 PM »
wow... um good luck, post pics along the way and keep us updated.

I will try I need to get my PSP first, so that's $40-$50 and I have $25 now. But little parts like LEDs and such won't be very expensive.

I just want to see how much crap I can throw into the thing :P I will start with LEDs and jewel, then painting and tats, then the controller mod, if I even try the internal mic mod it will be last, I'm probably not gonna try the dual analogs. This will be a year-long project I'm thinking.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 08:27:17 PM »
I will try I need to get my PSP first, so that's $40-$50 and I have $25 now. But little parts like LEDs and such won't be very expensive.

I just want to see how much crap I can throw into the thing :P I will start with LEDs and jewel, then painting and tats, then the controller mod, if I even try the internal mic mod it will be last, I'm probably not gonna try the dual analogs. This will be a year-long project I'm thinking.

What is your modding experience? what have you done before? If you wan't a chance of doing this, leave out the controller.

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 08:31:17 PM »
What is your modding experience? what have you done before? If you wan't a chance of doing this, leave out the controller.

Well I was thinking, find the pinout for the circuit board, sodler wires to each of them O \/ [] etc. on the PS2 controller, then make all of those into my own cable, shorten and cut oit the old one, then just cut and rip of the wires from an old ipod connector (looked and it was more thn enough pins) then sodler (I have tried my prescion soldering work) then solder each wire on the PS2 to a pin on the ipod connector, then follow the PSX controller on PSP tutorial for the wires where to solder on the PSP, then insted of wiring those directly to the PSX controller, make them shorter and solder the ends of those in reverse order to the correct pins form an old ipod (female) so then when you plug it in everything makes contact.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 08:35:16 PM »
You sure you can solder to those tiny pins? Good luck! You'll need it. But to do all this I doubt it'd take a year. Maybe like, 3 months if you're really busy. I mean you could probably do it in a week if you're like a freshman in high school with plenty of free time...

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 08:42:47 PM »
no way dude I checked out your soldering thread, the pins on a ipod connect will be much to hard, as well as soldering the 0.5mm pitch psp connectors. My advice is don't try this at your current level.

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 08:55:13 PM »
haha yes that will be very difficult but if you plan to sell it you wont make that much correct me if im wrong but adding the cost of the psp and parts plus tools it will add up to more then people want to pay for it. But good luck
dude, folklords psp with purple leds and clear case with photofast got bids around 1000$ dollars

think it out about this
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 08:57:25 PM »
hmm, wow, idk, you cant spell solder yet (it would be a phail on my part if i misspleed it)

I trying to add a nes dpad to my psp and its hell trying to solder to those small pins

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 08:57:33 PM »
You sure you can solder to those tiny pins? Good luck! You'll need it. But to do all this I doubt it'd take a year. Maybe like, 3 months if you're really busy. I mean you could probably do it in a week if you're like a freshman in high school with plenty of free time...

not even
when i was a freshman in high skool i barely had time to mod
now i am a sophmore and i have a bunch of time i just don't use it wisely and i am super lazy
but ya if this was me it would take me a long time to get all the supplys #1 and to start
then doing it OMG this is going to take a while

before u get to into this try soldering onto something like the psp connector
i have tried it and it is a pain
the one thing i could tell you that will make your life easier is use FLUX you will be happy u did

hmm, wow, idk, you cant spell solder yet (it would be a phail on my part if i misspleed it)

I trying to add a nes dpad to my psp and its hell trying to solder to those small pins

and u still double post
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 08:59:53 PM by j.s2ghetto »

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline TW1NKY

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 09:00:43 PM »
Sounds like it will be a great challenge. Make sure you know everything you will have to do before attempting any of the mods so you don't mess something up or get suck half way through.
btw. nice mock up of the psp you want to create :hifive:

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 10:16:25 PM »
Mario, you made fun of him for spelling but you mispelled "mispell", double posted, and folklord's buyer was a scammer...

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 10:42:43 PM »
dude, folklords psp with purple leds and clear case with photofast got bids around 1000$ dollars

think it out about this
Yes and think about this folklord is a PROFESSIONAL moder with years of experience plus that mod was a one of a kind a that moment everyone had to have it.
ha also notice "I trying to add" wtf is that  :rofl:
Edit: I have just read the entire post i highly doubted someone would pay 1000$ for something they can do them selves for like 100$ or less.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 10:55:04 PM by socomhacker239 »

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 06:21:21 AM »
I know you guys said you saw my SOLDERING thread, but those joints are PIN sized, they only look big cause I zoomed in real far. Also those are SCRAPS of wire I FOUND laying around the house, when I actually start I am going to BUY new wire. It's hard to explain to you guys, I HAVE done modding before so I know it sounds like I can't, but my experience it kind hard to explain, I have changed, a faceplate on slim, changed full case on slim, and added direct contact sound LEDs.and I have all the proper tools needed to do this.

By the way, is there a way to have as active sound LED using direct contact LEDs that you can turn off? cause I was told thse l0rdwhateverhisname's thread that using the IC chip won't be very responsive, also when people wire LEDs to the hold button, can you still use the buttons? like I haven't found a tutorial for this but when you do it do you mod the hold somehow so it doesn't hold when you switch on the hold to activate the LEDs?

And well the iPod plug it out! I took apart one of my cables and the actual plug is inside a sold piece of plasitc with holes in the back inside the plug. There is no way what so ever to use an ipod plug. I might have to try the mini-B (I think) USB plug or regular USB, I counted 4 pins in the regular USB, is that how many there are?

Inside ipod plug:

Well now what? a USB only has 4 pins, so I would need like 3 USBs what plug should I use?

Oh, and for the master Chiefs helmet, is it more gold or bronze/copper? I couldn't find ANY copper colored paint, only like a shiny red dirt color and gold. I don't know is it gold or copper/bronze?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 02:28:45 PM by EliteGamer83 »

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 01:02:21 PM »
-.- a direct contact mod is far from difficult. Whatever man, do this, and prove us all wrong! :) But uh don't use USB... that's stupid. I know you can buy like 20 pin connectors but I'm not sure where. I think mouser.com might have them...

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 02:29:31 PM »
-.- a direct contact mod is far from difficult. Whatever man, do this, and prove us all wrong! :) But uh don't use USB... that's stupid. I know you can buy like 20 pin connectors but I'm not sure where. I think mouser.com might have them...

F00f00 used 4 mini-B pin USBs but I want to use 1 connector not 4.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 07:46:08 PM »
Oh yeah... forgot about that. Okay I retract my statement. But I don't think you can use only 1 connector when it only has 4 pins and the there are like 12 buttons...

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 07:56:09 PM »
Oh yeah... forgot about that. Okay I retract my statement. But I don't think you can use only 1 connector when it only has 4 pins and the there are like 12 buttons...

Yeah, I really don't need a PLUG, mostly just the plug it's self like just plastic you know hat I mean?

also how is the joystick/analog whatever you call it, how is that controlled? I have the buttons down but I can't wrap my mind around how it transfers information... I really don't know how to wire it.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 07:58:43 PM »
Can't remember the details, but I know there's a topic about analog sticks in the general electronics section. Check there :)

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2009, 08:32:29 PM »
fisrt things first whos painting it??

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2009, 06:19:26 AM »
fisrt things first whos painting it??

I am why?

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2009, 04:02:01 PM »
cause that looks like it has some extremly hard to do details... are you going to air brush it?

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2009, 04:08:44 PM »
Nahh, I'm gonna make a canvas with those grunge brushes used on it, then get a custom tat(s) for it. (If your talking bout the first and stuff) I am also gonna get custom tats for the vector artwork and bullet holes.

Lol, I dread coming into my own thread when there are new posts, people really seem to hate me here  :boxed:

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2009, 04:24:33 PM »
-.-... We don't hate you. We're just telling you that these things are difficult and that you shouldn't be over-confident.

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2009, 09:27:24 PM »
lol i know what you mean i could feel the tension when i first read the thread

but you know theres easier was of getting an effect like that ...

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2009, 09:37:04 PM »
lol i know what you mean i could feel the tension when i first read the thread

but you know theres easier was of getting an effect like that ...

Yeah I know, but what is it lol

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2009, 11:08:29 PM »
you can get a noob airbrusher to air brush it for you and they surely will  :censored: it up to the point were it looks like that  :tup: i know for a fact cause my friend was airbrushing my psp slim( Mexican flag theme) and he did just that  :rofl: it was his first time actually doing a airbrush project with the first kit he ever had and i thought about that and this thread so i asked him if he could pull this off and he was like no i dont think so but i was encouraging him sure you can just do it fast and use lots of sand paper :rofl: 

seriously though it's possible to do this with an air brush no problem at all i recomened JS2ghetto thats not the friend im talking about that messed up but this guy does good airbrush work idk if you already talked to him or not

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal